The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Danielle greedily gulped down the water, trying not to choke on it. When Elizabeth finally pulled the canteen away, she gasped slightly and struggled to catch her breath. When she spoke, her voice wavered and cracked, filled with fear. "Hy-Hyrule... in danger... the... the Guardi... they... they're back..." she whispered frantically, almost deliriously. She had been in the Arbiter's Grounds for at least a full day... She barely managed to reach up, clutching the front of Elizabeth's clothes slightly as she tried to sit up, hissing through clenched teeth. "Princess... Zelda, we have... have to warn..."

Posted

"Hush, Danielle...hush." Reaching forward, Liz wrapped her arms around the youth, pulling her into a gentle and calming embrace. "We're going back to the Castle. Will you be alright?"

Posted

Danielle's hand slipped down, the youth trembling slightly as Elizabeth held her. "Megibdo... beware... Megibdo... don't let it... touch you..." The exhaustion was too much on her now, her eyes finally closing as she slipped once more into unconsciousness, her body struggling to recover from the great toll taken on it.

Cale didn't look back, but a frown crossed his face. Megibdo? What was that? Had the young Hylian become delirious after all her time within the ancient ruin... or did she know of another powerful threat that awaited them somewhere in the desert? After all, they didn't find what had left behind those corpses drained of every ounce of life... and he personally hoped they wouldn't be forced to encounter it.

Posted (edited)

Elizabeth slowly let Danielle fall to the ground as unconsciousness, once again, over came her. "Cale, we must leave now!! I cannot allow my cousin to stay like this and we must warn Zelda!! You heard what Danielle said!! We must leave!!"

As if told to enter the room at that moment, Ryu's guard came in saying "The horse is ready." Liz looked at Cale, then said "That gives us another excuse to get going. I'll carry Danielle out and we can ride together." She lowered her arms and scooped the youth up into them, lifting her off the ground.

((I'm really REALLY sorry about controling Ryu's characters. I didn't want to but he's doesn't post here anymore because he says he's "Braindead".))

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((Don't feel bad about it :\ It's perfectly fine with me. Also, I think I'll actually come up with a reason for Ryu to drop out... Temporarily. I am recovering slightly. Sleep is key! |D))

Ryu's guard lead them all back out of the Arbiter's Grounds, where 5 horses were waiting for them.

"I must go now, brave Hylians, but I assure you, we will meet again." Ryu said with a smile. The guard on his left threw down a Deku Nut, the explosion was magnificent. When the Hylians recovered from it a moment later, the three Gerudo were gone.

((Fail post, I know. T_T))

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

(( I'm just glad we have Umbreon back ))

Posted

((AW I feel loved... And Ryu you stole what I've been planning to pull up for a while now :angry: ... It's my race's thing!))

Mera pulled her horse under control quickly and unsheathed her sword. She took as long as she could to study how it fought, defending her companions when ever necessary.

Posted

((AW I feel loved... And Ryu you stole what I've been planning to pull up for a while now :angry: ... It's my race's thing!))

((The Gerudo do it too. Reme- nevermind, you didn't finish OoT. Did you ever finish MM? Yus, Gerudo use them too. :\))

Posted

((XD I lol'ed.))

At the ringing of a blade being drawn, the Megibdo's head turned immediately towards Mera. It pointed its arms towards the ground, bandages shooting down into the sand before popping up just before Mera and her steed, trying to wrap around them both.

Posted

Mera jumped off the horse who was startled and landed flawlessly. She was quick to sever the bandages, and circle around keeping as far away as she could. as she could. "What is this thing?"

Posted

Cale looked back at Elizabeth, nodding slightly now as he slid the Champion Blade under his belt and instead drew his two-handed sword. At least Danielle had been unconscious when Elizabeth called her cousin... That was a fact that the young Hylian didn't know. There were still many things the princess didn't deem her ready to learn, but after all this... Cale frowned, heading for his steed and mounting it, as did Rurik and Blaine after helping Elizabeth and Danielle onto the spare horse.

-------------------

It barely turned to face her, keeping track of her movements with its amber eye as it let out a slight hiss, waiting for her to make her move. All the other foes had been slow and easy to conquer... this one was much quicker and skilled.

Posted (edited)

((Pinned the topic, just so you know))

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

King Bulbin struggled to bring Lord Bulbo under control; the sight of the horrifying creature had driven all of the boars away in fear. Some of the other Bulbins were far off in the distance, dragged away by their steeds. After a moment he managed to calm the great beast down, then turned to look at the strange bandaged monster. This must have been what had taken the Hylain Knights down.

'What in the infernal name of Yog-Sothoth is that thing!?' he thought in revulsion.

He looked over at the other members of the party. The wall of sand was kicking up samller dust clouds that obscured his view. He could only barely make out Mera, who appeared to be swinging at the creatures bandages. It didn't seem too concerned, as it showed little to no reaction to the strikes. The bandages continued to wip out of the ground, trying to intangle her and anything else nearbye. The Sheikah skillfully dodged the assualt, sliceing them as they came her way. Still more keeped comeing, the terrorable thing relentless.

'There has to be a way to destroy that demon!' King Bulbin thought despretly. "But those bandages will insnare us if we attack dirrectly... Wait, the bandages! That's it! We'll set it on fire!"

He quickly swung Lord Bulbo around, charging towards the confused Bulbins.

"Archers! Pick your brains up and get over here! Attack the sand creature!"

((Will King Bulbin's plan work? Will it defeat Megibdo? Or will it just make the promblem worse by setting the monster on fire? I'll let you guys deside.))

Posted (edited)

((Finished reading it, for now I am assuming that I am with the group fighting mummies with fire. If I am wrong, don't bang your head on anything hard. Also, the boss fight with Whatshisface was amazing. The way you two shot back and forth with such cooperation was awesome :D))

After hearing King Bulbin order his archers to attack, Natu grabbed a bag of pitch from one of the bulbo's saddle-packs. He unsheathed his sword and sliced through it, covering the blade in the black goo. He then sliced through one of the archer's flaming arrows, effectively setting his sword ablaze.

"Sorry 'bout that," he said to the frustrated goblin. He let out a harsh grunt and leaped tward the bandaged monstrosity.

((btw, I used "goblin" on popose))

Edited by swordplaymaster12 (see edit history)

Posted

((Yog-Sothoth... heh heh... :P Well, considering the Bulblins may not believe in the goddesses... I like the alternative :D))

The Megibdo turned its head slightly now towards where King Bulbin charged, a slight hiss escaping from beneath its bandaged face. It raised one hand, a sandstorm now engulfing the Bulbin archers to both blind them and make it impossible to keep any of their weapons lit on fire. It was growing readily apparent that this was no mindless creature. As it saw the fighter charging at it, bandages leapt directly from its body to completely enshroud Natu from all directions in order to keep him from cutting through all of them.