The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((Ok it seems like the other group is going to run into trouble. I should tell you before it happens that Eskill loses his mind in battle.))

Posted

((To put it bluntly... That... is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.))

Posted (edited)

(( I have to agree with her on that one. Why would you lose your wits in battle? That's the time when you should be using your brain most of all, ideally.

Plus, your character is a sixteen year old boy still learning to fight the last time I read about him. He's not Conan the barbarian that can go into berserker mode or something.))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

((Indeed. That's why I wouldn't be any good in one. When some person starts swinging a sword/axe at me, I panic and freeze up. And, at the time my brain, well... :\ Like a vegitable... 'facepalm'))

Posted

What's the point of being a prince if Ryu can't fight in battle? :)

Posted

Danielle let out a feeble groan now, her eyes flickering behind her closed eyelids. She was beginning to stir just slightly, but a pained expression immediately crossed her face. The wound to her temple was still bleeding rather rapidly, bright red blood flowing down from it. Where am I...? What happened? That man... She couldn't force open her eyes, a pounding headache and the pain like a nail being driven into her forehead making her wish that she was back in the empty darkness of unconsciousness instead of feeling this pain. The cold hard floor beneath her back only made her feel more pain, the youth barely noticing the gentle hand that rested over her heart.

Posted (edited)

((I should tell you before it happens that Eskill loses his mind in battle.))

((If anybody's character is going to go insane, it's going to be mine. Oh wait, he is already. Nevermind.

I'mma read a little and catch up then I'll post.

Edit: There's no way anybody could summarise what I've missed, can they? I'm still on page 12. |: ))

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

(( Well, the Bulbins came into Castle Town finally, Eskill tried to attack them at first, but Mera came along and spoke with the king and they pretty much made a truce, if not just a level of understanding that neither would attack the other as long as they worked together. Then Mugo finally ran into them and they all eventually ended up in the courtyard in front of the castle and packed up, waited a while for people to join them, then left. Now they are entering the desert. Danielle was saved from what looked like a curse of sorts, Azathoth appeared from inside the arbiter's grounds and attacked the guards that were with Liz, basically told Liz he would be ruler of the free world shortly, and then disappeared. Now Danielle, Liz, Ryu and his guards, plus the Hyrule guards that were burnt are riding back together so they can take care of the wounded. The third party hasn't gotten too far yet into the desert, so I'm not sure if they'll meet half way or not. The second party and Ryu's guards may pass them without even noticing each other depending on the circumstances.))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

((Forget it))

Posted

((If anybody's character is going to go insane, it's going to be mine. Oh wait, he is already. Nevermind.

I'mma read a little and catch up then I'll post.

Edit: There's no way anybody could summarise what I've missed, can they? I'm still on page 12. |: ))

((King Bulbin knocked over Raork's stall and broke all his nick-nacks. He wasn't around to comment though.))

((Azathoth? Are we fighting Lovecraft-ian forces?))

((I suppose Mera's party runs into somthing or meets up with the others, and either way turn back and regroup in Castle Town?))

Posted

((...crud, none of you were supposed to know where that name came from... >> No, we aren't. I just like some of the names. And you will see what happens :D))

Posted

((King Bulbin knocked over Raork's stall and broke all his nick-nacks. He wasn't around to comment though.))

((Not his nick-nacks, he's just a guard. And besides, after Roark took a fit and raged at a woman, he was taken in by a guard for disturbing the peace or something.

I'll just say he was recruited and will continue after one of you posts and see if I can jump back in somehow.))

Posted

((I thought it came from Pern style stuff (all dragon names end in th) So should I lead the troupes onward?))

Mera ignored any and all questions and rode forward. She could run faster but she figured it'd be best to allow those she was leading to catch up with her. All the time she felt uneasy, like something was after the.

Posted

((Read Pern way long time ago, long since forgot all the names from it. XD And nice timing to finally post... I'm heading back to church tonight))

Unfortunately, Mera's instincts were right, for no sooner had they got a decent bit into the desert than a powerful wall of sand shot up behind them, blocking any retreat from the desert and surely scaring the mounts. The sand churned constantly but never moved from its place as the winds picked up again, beginning to obscure their view. Something was shooting up from the sand just in front of them, several ancient-looking bandages... From below, a bandaged and emaciated hand clawed towards the surface, something beginning to pull itself out from the scorching sand. It appeared to be a mummy, ancient and withered, the bandages completely covering it with the exception of a single amber eye that peered out from beneath the bandages. An inhuman screech sounded from it, a sound that would drive any of weak mind into madness, that would make lesser men collapse babbling to the sandy ground...

((...although I HAVE been reading a bit too much Lovecraft >>))

Posted

After Mugo had finally urged Castian forward, the wall sprung up and the grey spotted horse screamed in hysterics as he reared frantically as the monster appeared, cutting in the air with his hooves as his only defense. He was finally controlled again as Mugo pulled the reigns and backed him up from the mummy-like monster advancing on the group with it's bandages almost acting like separate appendages. He didn't know what it did, but he wasn't too keen on finding out for himself. However, he did pull out his short sword from it's scabbard once he felt Castien was in a more manageable state. If it did come for him in particular, he wouldn't hesitate to slice at those bandages. From the look of them, they appeared to be the type to grab and wrap a person.