Fourth Piece Discussion: Articles and Theories.

1356 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that their titles of Courage, Power, and Wisdom only are there to hint how to get them.

If there isn't another peice then why is the Triforce empty in the middle, and why did the Goddesses leave? Could they have been fleeiing from a more powerful God or Goddess? Possibly a evil one that needs the other three triangles to create a unified Triforce (UniForce?) of evil (I wrote a short Fan fic about that and lost the papers), or possibly not evil but the the three Goddesses just don't like the other one. Who knows?

To add to my Unified Triforce idea: Nobody ever touched the Triforce who had the three aspects in allignment. Could it be that if sombody touched it with them in allignment the Triforce would spread to cover the empty space.

The goddesses left hyrule because they were finished with their creation and no longer needed to be there. Also, two Links and the king of red lions had the ability to touch the triforce without it breaking up since they had power, wisdom, and courage in balance. And also, the names of the three triforces aren't hints. They are named by the powers they grant the holders and by the virtues they represesent.

Posted

I've been pretty skeptic about the whole Time thing and Knuckle has some excellent points. I still stand by that really long theory we made about the Garos, Sheikah, and Majora. But what Knuckle said is true. The Fourth Piece would have to be both an asset and something used to create Hyrule. The Goddess of Time could of brought time to Hyrule to get everything rolling. Without it, Hyrule would be no where. But Time is not an asset. The closest thing we've had to an asset is Unity and Balance.

Maybe we've been looking about this the wrong way, and not in the right places. I still very much tie Garos, Sheikah, Purple, The Twili, and Vaati to our Fourth Piece.

My Light Force theory has ground, except that it was delivered by the Minish, which we all know the Triforce was not.

Posted

I've been pretty skeptic about the whole Time thing and Knuckle has some excellent points. I still stand by that really long theory we made about the Garos, Sheikah, and Majora. But what Knuckle said is true. The Fourth Piece would have to be both an asset and something used to create Hyrule. The Goddess of Time could of brought time to Hyrule to get everything rolling. Without it, Hyrule would be no where. But Time is not an asset. The closest thing we've had to an asset is Unity and Balance.

Maybe we've been looking about this the wrong way, and not in the right places. I still very much tie Garos, Sheikah, Purple, The Twili, and Vaati to our Fourth Piece.

My Light Force theory has ground, except that it was delivered by the Minish, which we all know the Triforce was not.

i haven't read this whole discussion, but what do garos have to do with the triforce.

Posted

This is the single greatest theory on the site, made by a devoted fan of Zelda, called Zyndae. I originally posted this at the bottom of a post that held our best theories and info. Please read the entirety of this one. To go to all the theories, go to this lik:

Quazy1's special

The Fourth Goddess; and the Tetraforce

By: Zyndae.

The Fourth Goddess and The Tetraforce

Legend in the lands of Hyrule tells of the Triforce, and how it governs not only the power of the three ancient Goddesses (Din, Nayru and Farore), but the gate to the realm to which they departed, after forming the cosmos and all that is in them.

However, other legends tell of another Goddess, lost to the mists of Time. The legends tell not her role in the birth of the cosmos, or even if she held one, but there are those who believe that even with the Triforce, one cannot hold complete power. It is said that only by claiming the power of the Goddess of Time can a new God be born.

Legends have long held that only three Goddesses create the world, and that when in balance, their powers were unstoppable. These same legends tell of the Triforce, and its three facets: Strength of Body, Strength of Mind, and Strength of Spirit -- Power, Wisdom, and Courage.

However, since those very same legends tell of the birth of the cosmos, it doesn

Posted

I think we should try and find similarities between all of the many places where the Eye of Truth is found.

Posted

I think we should try and find similarities between all of the many places where the Eye of Truth is found.

Ok well it's found in a dark well in Oot and found in a dark cave in MM so it's found in dark places. That's all I got.

Posted

Its on Gossip Stones all over Hyrule and Termina, its in the Spirit Temple, Shooting Ranges in OoT, the Palace of Twilight, Arbiter Grounds, the Mask of Truth, and Vaati.

Thats all I can think of right now. I know there's a lot more.

Are there any in the Shadow Temple or Beneath the Well?

Posted

There are also the eye switches in OoT and MM, plus the eye statues at the beginning of dungeons in the Oracle of ages and seasons games.

Personally, I think that the eye is a symbol that the creators like to use in the games, and isn't really of significance.

Posted

Din-Power-Fire-Made the world's shape

Nayru-Wisdom-Water-Created law

Farore-Courage-Air-Gave life to uphold the law

Ona-Balance-Earth-Created a timeline for the life to live, and balances the three other virtues.

I say Ona's element is earth. because the three most well known elements are fire, water, air and earth. If Din, Nayru and Farore have fire, water and air, why shouldn't Ona have earth? My belief in the fourth piece is now full.

BUT!!!

How come the fourth goddess has never EVER been mentioned?

Posted

Double post... :cry:

I just realised! If the fourth goddess's color was purple, then maybe she's the goddess of shadow!!!

But since shadow isn't a virtue, then it has to be EVIL!!! If not a good virtue... But still!!!

I'm going to have to have a look at that timeline... Sounds interesting.

Posted

Double post... :cry:

I just realised! If the fourth goddess's color was purple, then maybe she's the goddess of shadow!!!

But since shadow isn't a virtue, then it has to be EVIL!!! If not a good virtue... But still!!!

I'm going to have to have a look at that timeline... Sounds interesting.

The fourth virtue can't be evil, because then the triforce could only be touched by a person that was evil or had evil in their hearts. Also, the concept of time would have been created by Din, since she was responsible for creating the Earth and sun which indicate time.

Posted

If anything, Nayru doubles up with the creation of time since she did, after all, created the laws for the land to live by.

Please Freckle Fart, before you start saying that the Fourth Goddess has never been mentioned, read some of our other posts.

Now, another place littered with the Sheikan Eye is the Phantom Ship from PH. The pattern that I'm noticing is a general relation to the restless dead.

Vaati is very much a restless and vengeful spirit who has a large fraction of the light force. He is represented by the color Purple and seems to be either admired, worshiped, or just recognized by the Sheikah in high regard. The Shadow Medallion is one of our biggest hints towards a Fourth Piece. That is the element guarded by the Sheikah. The Fierce Deity appears with whites and blues creating a purple atmosphere with a single golden triangle on his armor.

Its likely that the Sheikah knew something that the Hylians didn't, about the Fourth Piece. And I believe that Vaati has, or had it at one point. The Sheikah are our biggest clue. I'm gonna try to find the page where we lashed out all of our best theories.

post-561-1196792517.gif

Posted

Yo Noobs. . .

Please read pages 25-28. Thats only 3 pages.

At least skim through if you want to continue off of our theories. This used to be such a fun topic. ^_^

Looking back on my older posts, maybe The King of Hyrule does have the Fourth Piece. . .

The Triforce appeared in TWW when Ganondorf brought himself, Link and Zelda together, but not in OoT. The only variable is the king. The king either had something different, or Ganondorf did something different to make the Triforce appear before them.

Posted

There are also the eye switches in OoT and MM, plus the eye statues at the beginning of dungeons in the Oracle of ages and seasons games.

Personally, I think that the eye is a symbol that the creators like to use in the games, and isn't really of significance.

Actually, that is the Sheikah Symbol. Someone once posted a zelda Manga that told of it's origins. The eye is the all seeing power of the sheikah, the three triangles are the triforce pieces, and the big tear represents the pain of the sheikah that were for some reason tortured. Go to the Shadow temple and use the lense of truth in a certain room that has a cross for crusification, and even cages and blood under the cross. The lense will reveil a pit under the cross, for dropping bodies into. I wouldn't be suprised if the temple was originally a place to torture sheikah, just for that purpose. Or it could have been where they once resided, and the torture was for spies, traitors, and punishment. Of course, it was later abandoned and became a temple of the Sheikah.

I think we should all look in any games we have for the symbol, even on minor characters (not simple citizens, people like the fortune teller who does have the symbol on her head). I mean, even the sword in the new shadow temple in TP had the symbol on its hilt. Let's start lookin'.

Posted

Yeah, we talked about the whole torture thing. There's devises in both the Shadow Temple and Beneath the Well. Bongo-Bongo has the appearance of someone killed in a guillotine. Just look on the pages I posted. . .