Fourth Piece Discussion: Articles and Theories.

1356 posts in this topic

Posted

The possibility of a "Time Goddess" is actually mentioned in Phantom Hourglass. When Bellum spits out Ciela's lost memories, she remembers that she is "Ciela, the spirit of courage and time". I believe this could be a major clue as to the identity of the fourth goddess.

Posted

Of course! A few people were also saying that they thought one of the three goddesses doubled up for two. Maybe its Farore!

Posted

Here is the theory by Zyndae. I think we should reread it, cause I noticed some points in it that we missed before that are really good. Some of it is a little sketchy and messed up, but it's a great theory. Please read :linkblink: .

The Fourth Goddess; and the Tetraforce

The Fourth Goddess and The Tetraforce

Legend in the lands of Hyrule tells of the Triforce, and how it governs not only the power of the three ancient Goddesses (Din, Nayru and Farore), but the gate to the realm to which they departed, after forming the cosmos and all that is in them.

However, other legends tell of another Goddess, lost to the mists of Time. The legends tell not her role in the birth of the cosmos, or even if she held one, but there are those who believe that even with the Triforce, one cannot hold complete power. It is said that only by claiming the power of the Goddess of Time can a new God be born.

Legends have long held that only three Goddesses create the world, and that when in balance, their powers were unstoppable. These same legends tell of the Triforce, and its three facets: Strength of Body, Strength of Mind, and Strength of Spirit -- Power, Wisdom, and Courage.

However, since those very same legends tell of the birth of the cosmos, it doesn

Posted

Can somebody recall a character that has been in each Zelda game where the triforce has played a big role, except Zelda, Link and Ganon. He/She would hold the fourth piece.

Posted

The King of Hyrule is a likely candidate. Or Vaati.

Posted

Very true, Vaati was on posters in OoT, and probably somewhere in MM.

Posted

the mask of truth looks strangely similar to Vaati, and so does Majora's Mask...Majora himself looks kinda like Vaati...I wonder if they're somehow related...

Posted

Vaati makes cameos everywhere. And he's very closely tied in with the Sheikah too.

Posted

Perhaps Vaati started the Sheikah in the very beginning to gain the trust of hyrule's King and then later betray him? Although, Impa was a very righteous person so the evil would have to end by someone else in the line...

Posted

Perhaps Vaati started the Sheikah in the very beginning to gain the trust of hyrule's King and then later betray him? Although, Impa was a very righteous person so the evil would have to end by someone else in the line...

I like where this is going. This would connect all the games. In the very beginning Vaati managed to steal the fourth piece. He used the fourth piece to create a new tribe; the Sheikahs. He managed to infiltrate the Royal Family by making the Sheikahs their personal bodyguards. Unfortunately for Vaati, some Sheikahs, Impa, revealed his crooked plans. The Sheikahs got sent to a prison, and turned into the Twili. Except Impa/Impaz.

Vaati himself fled though, to Termina. Maybe majora is vaati, and that majoras mask is the power used to create the Sheikahs.

Posted

Something I discovered while watching some MM clips, Majora's Mask was not created by the tribe, but simply used. Also, it is unlikely that the Goddess of Time is in termina alone, because zelda told us of her in a flashback, there are four light spirits, and almost every (or at least a bunch) zelda game is about time.

Posted

Something I discovered while watching some MM clips, Majora's Mask was not created by the tribe, but simply used. Also, it is unlikely that the Goddess of Time is in termina alone, because zelda told us of her in a flashback, there are four light spirits, and almost every (or at least a bunch) zelda game is about time.

wind waker isn't about time.

Posted

from now off I am a believer in the fourth piece too! :D

Posted

wind waker isn't about time.

Ah, but the sequel is. :gottriforce: .

Posted

Ah, but the sequel is. :gottriforce: .

:gottriforce:

well, OoT, MM and PH is the actually only the games i recall that's about time.