Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Christians...

190 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm happy that I'm a Christian, but it doesn't make me so much better than you.

so you agree that it makes you better to some extent. jerk.

KAY LOVE YOU BYE

ILU2

Posted

Wow, copying straight from Wikipedia.

Posted

Who exactly copied straight from Wikipedia? And from what page? God, that would be the most unfortunate coincidence if it were me.

so you agree that it makes you better to some extent. jerk.

Ahahahaha at errors in my wording. IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION, PHOENIX, YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME. =D

Posted

NU-UH YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME AND YOU KNOW IT :D

Posted

i dont know about other countries but christianity is really pushing it's luck with me, next religious nutjob that knocks on my door is going to get whackedbanghead.gif

i only believe in the path to the next plane of existence

Posted

I'm still a Christian.

Nobody believes me, though.

They're idiots.

Remind me to come knocking on your door.

Posted

Two of my best friends are Christians. They keep trying to convert me. On one hand, it's annoying. However, the fact that they are more concerned for my eternal soul then they are if I'm annoyed does mean a lot to me. Also, the way they accept and love me despite the fact that I don't conform to their thinking or beliefs makes me think of Christians in a new light. Before I met them, I hated religion with the white-hot intensity of a million suns. Specifically Christianity...Bad experiences with it. Ah well, I love my friends, and one day they may just convince me to follow their god.

Posted

I am a Christain. A Mormon to be percise.

So basically:

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called by God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul -- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

These are the Articles of Faith. They summarize the core beliefs of my church. Not sure what else to say.

Posted

You also believe that magic underwear can protect you from diseases lol

Posted

Do not mock the sacred garments!

Among other things, we also believe the Garden of Eden to be located in modern-day Missouri, that God has a body of flesh and bones, that the fall of Adam was actually a good thing, and we aren't waiting for the Third Temple to be constructed- we've already built it, and have moved on to build the fourth, fifth, and a few hundred more.

Posted

I do not mean to offend you in anyway, but Mormonism just seems very odd and flawed, from what I've read and viewed. Granted, all religions have their quirks and holes, but Mormonism seems to have a lot more then others. I'm not saying your beliefs are "wrong", since I lack the answers to the -big- questions. However, I have read that the Isrealites hung out in North America, among other claims, according to your mythos. I know this can't be true. Isrealites hung out in Isreal, thus the name. Other stuff from your mythos seems... odd to me. I suppose I could be reading false information, but this is what I've learned.

PS~ When I say "mythos", I am not refering to mythology, nor am I calling your story "fake". Mythos is a Greek word meaning "story, legend, plot" and that is how I intended to use it.

Posted

So you don't deny that you think your magic underpants protect you from disease, as well as a number of other things?

At least you're not a Scientologist.

Posted

I do not mean to offend you in anyway, but Mormonism just seems very odd and flawed, from what I've read and viewed. Granted, all religions have their quirks and holes, but Mormonism seems to have a lot more then others. I'm not saying your beliefs are "wrong", since I lack the answers to the -big- questions. However, I have read that the Isrealites hung out in North America, among other claims, according to your mythos. I know this can't be true. Isrealites hung out in Isreal, thus the name. Other stuff from your mythos seems... odd to me. I suppose I could be reading false information, but this is what I've learned.

PS~ When I say "mythos", I am not refering to mythology, nor am I calling your story "fake". Mythos is a Greek word meaning "story, legend, plot" and that is how I intended to use it.

We believe that a small group of Isrealites arrived in the Americas around 600 B.C., guided there by God to escape the destruction of Jerusalem, as described in the Book of Mormon. They established a civilization that thrived for some time, until finally collapsing around 385 A.D. Where exactly they lived isn't fully known, though most doubt it was in North America, seeing as they built things that can only be found in South America.

Nice to see someone who actually understands the meaning of words and how to use them.^_^

So you don't deny that you think your magic underpants protect you from disease, as well as a number of other things?

Magic? Who said anything about magic? Or underpants? The sacred garments are more like long underwear, and they don't have any mystical powers. They are ceremonial, for temple work and the like.

At least you're not a Scientologist.

Yes, that is all that matters.:P

Posted

Okay, so God guided them... How did they actually GET there? And don't say "Pangea", cause that would make them time travlers.

Posted

Underwear=Underpants dude.

Phanty, cross-continental travel was possible back then because they were guided by God. Obviously.