Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lent

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Ill take it. The wig, I mean.

when you say wig do you mean hair or colonial political party parishioner?

Posted

whig you mean =|

Posted

My family doesn't eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Apparently, though, fish doesn't qualify as meat. I've always wondered why.

I used to give things up, like once I "didn't eat ice cream", but I recently haven't been doing that. Mostly because I can't think of anything. =/

Posted

Don't be a sexual deviant for a whole day, Ganny.

I dare you.

You're so manly though, so it might be tough to go cold turkey for so long.

Here, just to make it fair, just give it up for an hour.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I tried to do that once while I was sleeping.

Didn't end well.

Hint: tears.

Posted

My family doesn't eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Apparently, though, fish doesn't qualify as meat. I've always wondered why.

I used to give things up, like once I "didn't eat ice cream", but I recently haven't been doing that. Mostly because I can't think of anything. =/

Most people like fish less than chicken/beef/pork/etc.

The idea is that fish is less indulgent and enjoyable. And way back when it was considered to be of less nutritional value than the other meats.

Posted

First of all, fish is awesome.

I used to try to give up stuff for Lent but I'd never be able to do it for long. Once I even gave up video games and that turned out really not awesome. I decided that Lent isn't worth my time if I'm not able to take it seriously. God knows how I feel, I don't have to put on a show. For the people that can hack it, great that's awesome, for the people that can't, guilt doesn't help anyone.

Posted

Awesome avatar. Chuck is the best.

Posted

I gave up all junk food last year. Which basically meant candy and desserts. It was pretty tough.

Also, I follow the rule where you can "break" lent on Sundays.

I think I might do that again.

I've been thinking about fasting for a day because I've never done before. I just want to flush my body out and drink lots of water. And see how I like it. I mean, this is unrelated to Easter/Lent but I'm just throwing that out there, since we're on the topic of food. :3

Posted

I gave up Tumblr. Actually, my friend decided to give it up (along with masturbation, because I told him I gave that up two years ago and was successful, so he wanted to try it), and I said I'd do it with him so he wouldn't be Tumblrless alone. We made each other change our passwords and email addresses so we couldn't log in.

Day one's not even over and I already wanna cry. D;

Posted

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF SIRJO TUMBLR IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

Posted

I gave up Tumblr. Actually, my friend decided to give it up (along with masturbation, because I told him I gave that up two years ago and was successful, so he wanted to try it), and I said I'd do it with him so he wouldn't be Tumblrless alone. We made each other change our passwords and email addresses so we couldn't log in.

Day one's not even over and I already wanna cry. D;

I would be in this situation if I quit masturbating =|

Posted

The ashes you get on your forehead on Ash Wednesday are always really itchy :c And most of time it never looks like a cross, just a blob...

Lent, I never give up anything because its too hard, however I do always donate to SCIAF. c:

Posted

I'm Cathlic so I don't celebrate lent and beraly even know what it means

hey I don't even go to church on sunday (lazy family) or pray

Posted

Lol, considering that Lent is a major Catholic thing. Though you did say you were Cathlic, not Catholic. It's okay, I don't celebrate it either anymore. I don't have a strong will when it comes to those kinds of things.