Followers 0

I got a f***ing computer virus

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Unlucky.

Posted

maybe it's a british thing :3

Posted

LOL GUYS I HEARD OF THIS THING IT STARTS WITH AN L BUT I CAN"T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL AND I GET FREE MUSIC!

Right there I knew it was limewire. Everyone knows about it.

Posted

^ indeed.

YLA can you at least give me a description what is happening? I could perhaps help you :)

Posted

Well first there was this thing that said "You have a virus so we're going to scan it." So it scans. Then it wants us to buy something. Thing my dad screwed with it and now the screen just turns black. It said something about Trojan, but I don't know what Troy or condoms have anything to do with viruses. Although it did say "Email worm" and "P2P." I have no clue what's going on, but I don't like it and I miss my big screen and Youtube. :cry; I know I can watch it on my wii, but it's too small to see and then I have to make it screened again and it's a pain. Oh well at least my hard drive didn't blow up. *Looks at system.* It doesn't look like it blew up.

Posted

^ /facepalm

A trojan virus is a virus disguised as a helpful program. You probably got Antivirus XP 2008 from what you described

Posted

Oh. Well then I think my computer is f***ed. I want to hit it with a hammer or a baseball bat now. Or fix it. Which ever is easier.

Posted

The trojan virus used to be a big deal in washington but the someone found a great way of conteracting it without distroying your hardrive almost everyone at my school knows how to do this trick (but me) so I'll go ask someone and post it for you (gonna be in three days)

Posted

That's pretty crap YLA, hope it gets sorted out soon c:

Oh god, now I'm remembering the last time I got a virus a few months ago, when it resulted in like 135 trojans and then my laptop got wiped and I got a new one. Sad times. :/

Posted

USE SYSTEM RESTORE!!!!

Posted

... My Wii can't use multiquote. :(

Though yeah I don't know how to do that when I have a black screen. Maybe I shouldn't have screwed with it and tried to fix it myself. This virus is different than the last one. To get of the last all I had to do was click ctrl, alt, del, and just erase it. This virus actually got of the task manager screen. Actually I don't think my dad checked it when he was fixing it. I'm going to go see if he fixed it and didn't realize it.