Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A rant of younger days.

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Mine go from

Gen I+Gen 2 -> Gen 3 -> Gen 4

Progressively got worse after the Gameboy/Color.

I actually liked Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, in that they follow similar patterns and adhere to some sort of aesthetic theme.

But like Gen 3 ripped off PREVIOUS GENERATIONS. Plusle. Minun.

I WONDER WHO THEY RESEMBLE.

Skitty = Pink Meowth with tumor tail.

Delcatty = Tan Persian with black eyes and one of those neck cushion things which I always thought looked tremendously ridiculous.

The Regi(x)es were kinda' cool in that you had to use braille for some reason and they all didn't really resemble stuff from real life.

I dunno. I am a bit out of it and don't want to elaborate how lame I think the character design after 2nd gen was horrible in minute detail right now.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Meh Skitty family = Meowth family for me

Plusle and Minun suck and are the worst Gen III pokemon for me.

Meh, I have an order and everything, but I do love all the generations kinda equally if you understand that. :/

My favourite Pokemon of all time however is Quagsire. I actually love how happy it is! Aww I just want one!

Posted

I like them all. I have an order, and that would probably be,

Gen II > Gen IV > Gen I > Gen III

idk, I haven't put a lot of thought into it, but that;s it just now.

Also, I liked Minun. They seemed okay. Not very imaginative, but I don't care. I liked the original, I'll like the copies. I just wont like the fact that they are copies. I can look past that, though and enjoy them.

Also, for the generations, which did you guys get?

After Generation II, I always went for the less popular one. I went like this: Yellow, Gold, Sapphire, Pearl. I didn't want Sapphire and Pearl to feel left out. I'm weird like that.

Not sure what my favourite all time Pokémon is.

Posted

I got Blue, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver. My sister always gets the opposite one (and Emerald and Platinum) so we can trade and stuff. Win-win!

But I did want HG, it has Phanpy in it :C But she was like "NO YOU HAD GOLD I HAD SILVER SO WE'RE GONNA SWITCH THIS TIME!" and I was all "Just give me the damn Phanpy then" Petty squabbles ftw!

Posted

Well, I meant those are my main ones I played. These ones I got: Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl. Definitely going to get Soul Silver.

Anyway, I threw this together:

Favourite Gen I Pokémon: Farfetch'd

Favourite Gen I Legendary: Mew

Favourite Gen II Pokémon: Smeargle

Favourite Gen II Legendary: Suicune

Favourite Gen III Pokémon: Absol

Favourite Gen III Legendary: Jirachi

Favourite Gen IV Pokémon: Floatzel

Favourite Gen IV Legendary: Azelf

Posted

Meh, I'll do a fav/least fav list:

Gen I: Fav - Slowbro

Least - Pinsir

Gen II: Fav - Quagsire

Least - Unown

Gen III: Fav - Altaria

Least - Cacturne

Gen IV: Fav - Snover

Least - Lickilicky

Posted

Quagsire IS p. cool, and I would say it is so related to Wobuffet.

Gen 2 Pokemon were so cool.

As for versions, I always went with the one I thought everyone else wouldn't get, pretty much because I also didn't want the version to feel left out, but ended up getting both versions somehow anyway.

Here's the detailed progression:

Got Yellow for Christmas of 1998, simultaneously obtained GBC

Got Blue next year because I figured a turtle was less cool than a dragon with a flaming tail. Obtained Red from childhood friend who was in the phase of where she was "growing out" of everything.

Got Silver early 2000, because I figured everyone liked gold because it was more precious than silver as a metal. Obtained copy of Gold from same childhood friend; I haven't erased her file to this day.

Got Crystal some time after that.

Got Sapphire because it's my birthstone and the big monster thing is cooler than a fish. Never obtained Ruby or Emerald.

Got Pearl because diamonds are cooler than pearls. Never obtained rest of the generation.

My judgment apparently sucked back then.

Blue outsold red by like six million copies, literally. I didn't factor in that blue is the most popular color in the world.

Silver outsold Gold by about 150,000 copies. I didn't factor in that that Pokemon 2000 raised more hype over Lugia and Ho-Oh is just there.

I don't know about R/S/E. No site reports its individual sales.

However, total Emerald sales apparently made more money than would be necessary to purchase an emerald the size of Neptune.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't like choosing least favourites :C

Posted

I agree. It's kinda depressing :C

Posted

Obtained copy of Gold from same childhood friend; I haven't erased her file to this day.

That is so sweet, Sahaqiel C:

Posted

:c I've lost Blue and Gold for years, and Ruby vanished as soon as I came back from a holiday in England. Emerald's been gone for about a month now. I miss them all.

I remember only using Blastoise in my original Blue. Good times c:

Posted

I only have Yellow left. No joke.

Posted

Almost all my GBC/A games got stolen. So Blue was stolen. Red, I (Extremely stupidly and regrettably and ugh I was stupid) traded for like a handful of coolio Pokemon cards, which doesn't even make any sense.

I remember there was a Raichu in there somewhere. Silver was also stolen.

Man, that made me angryface.

At one point I had it all, then one false move and bam.

Sahaqiel

Posted

SAHAQIEL

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME

Except it was Gold version, I was eight, and it was with a Venemoth. Basically I was in Kanto, I ran into it, and I was all like, "Oooh, do I not have a Venemoth? That's strange." So I weakened it and went to the balls and threw one. But then I read the words "threw the Master Ball!" and I was all, WIGGIDY WHAT. So basically, once it had been caught, I went over to by PC to see if there was any way to get my Master Ball back. I looked all around on my Venemoth's stat screens and stuff, but to no avail. Pitiful happened when I thought, "Maybe if I release it I'll get the ball back," (which actually makes pretty good real world sense, if Pokemon were real, but unfortunately this was a game) so I released it. And I was left without a Master Ball or a Venemoth to remember it by. The worst part is that I had saved not extremely long ago, maybe an hour. But I was too stupid to realize that I could just turn the game off. So once I saved and immediately remembered that I could have done so, I was a sad pigeon.

BASICALLY, I KNOW YOUR PAIN.

Almost makes me want to use my Master Ball on a Venemoth in Heart Gold, just for old time's sake.