Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where does God come from?

265 posts in this topic

Posted

Right. What we call morals are simply our own ideas of right and wrong. They'll probably be similar to the morals of the people around you; they helped to influence them. No particular view will ever be wholly agreed upon. To reiterate: each person creates their own set of morals. No two sets will agree.

And you really think the Nazis dressed well? Just take a look at the SA.

Posted

To reiterate: each person creates their own set of morals. No two sets will agree.

And you really think the Nazis dressed well? Just take a look at the SA.

Which is why I say that good and evil don't exist, yeah.

What do you mean by the SA? Because I googled that and came up with sexaholics anonymous.

Posted

Well, they do if you're religious. All religions set forth a basic moral frame.

...I was talking about the Nazi's main army. The Sturmabteilung.

Posted

I know, but people aren't restricted to a single religion. They're free to set their own morals.

And I mean the higher up nazis. the ones with the trenchoats and cool hats and stuff.

Posted

Yes. That doesn't mean good and evil don't exist, it only means they're relative.

I guess Nazi fashion is all right, if you want to look like a spy or very stereotypically German.

Posted

Personally I'd say a stereotypical german wears laederhosen or however you spell it, but thats just me. And I would also say that good and evil being relative is really the same thing as them not existing, lol.

Posted

Look at it this way, pheonix.

Let's say, for the argument, that God exists. If God exists, then he most certainly has his version of good and evil. God is the longest-living, strongest, fastest, most awesome being in the entire history of forever. He created everyone and everything we see and don't see. His view of good and evil are correct, because he says so. He doesn't need another reason. If you told him he was wrong, and that you were in the right, that'd be like a pen telling its creator that it isn't a pen and is an elephant. The creator simply laughs and uses the pen like a pen, where the pen realizes that it is, in fact, a pen and finds its purpose, or the creator throws the pen in the trash for disagreeing with him. No one can tell God he's wrong, because God is right. God created you, and your ability to perceive right from wrong, so automatically God knows more about right and wrong than you do. His view of right and wrong is correct. And that's the point God's trying to get across with Christianity. I'm right, you can't be right, so trust me and you'll be better off. Or, the other option is to simply throw you away, should you continue to disagree.

Now, if God doesn't exist? Then we still don't matter. We have even less of a choice than God offered us. Life or death. Our choice is only death. Who cares about right and wrong and whether they're subjective or not if we're going to expire anyway?

Posted

Personally I'd say a stereotypical german wears laederhosen or however you spell it, but thats just me. And I would also say that good and evil being relative is really the same thing as them not existing, lol.

It's lederhosen. Hitler and his officers were fond of wearing it. Also, the relativity of good and evil doesn't mean they don't exist. If we had no moral sense at all, we would be much like other animals. But we can classify things as 'good' and 'evil', which obviously mean such concepts must exist.

If there is a God, then good and evil have set definitions. If not, they are creations of our own wills.

Posted

I would also like to add on to my statement about Hitler earlier that Nazis, aside from their genocidal world domination tendencies, were snappy dressers. Seriously, they knew how to wear it.

The Nazis also had a no-smoking law.

Posted

When was a God a 'he'? How can God have a gender? It just bugs me.

(lol probably asked this already in this thread)

Posted

God doesn't. But the ever-so-slightly-sexist church leaders decided to assign God a gender, and it happens to be male. From what I hear the original texts were written either using God's name or with a genderless pronoun, somewhat akin to 'it.'

Posted

God created man in his image.

Posted

And then woman from man. This is like, 1st grade sunday school randomfan.

Women are only as good as man when heaven is brought into the picture. In heaven, there will be no gender, race, etc.

On earth, women aren't as blessed. History will tell you that. We're only now starting to notice that women are even human beings and not items.

Posted

Wait women aren't items?

Posted

I guess not, man. According to them, anyway.