Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where does God come from?

265 posts in this topic

Posted

Explain Mewtwo, then.

Got a point there.

How exactly does an imperfect being come to rule the universe? Wouldn't a perfect intelligence be needed to percieve everything in reality without all the information overloading and destroying their mind?

Posted

Define perfection

Posted

Got a point there.

How exactly does an imperfect being come to rule the universe? Wouldn't a perfect intelligence be needed to percieve everything in reality without all the information overloading and destroying their mind?

You wouldn't need a perfect being to keep track of all that, just one with a very large and complex mind. However, that could be a very large, complex, and twisted mind. And if your idea of perfection includes morals, then that would not be a perfect being.

Posted

God doesn't come from anywhere.

He's too sexy to come from somewhere.

Posted

He's also too sexy for his shirt.

Posted

Good and evil don't exist guize.

Posted

Ben doesn't exist. Because I said it makes it true.

Posted

But Ben does exist! I get texts from him sometimes. God never texts me though...

Posted

god comes from your cerebral cortex

Posted

Good and evil don't exist guize.

Yes they do. They're just not rigidly defined.

Posted

It's all different, depending on the individual. Hitler was doing "good" in his mind.

Posted

God sends me texts. You never get those "SEND TO 10 PEOPLE OR YOU AREN'T A CHRISTIAN" texts?

I hate those texts by the way. I never send them. Because chain messages are for assholes.

Hitler was a crazy bastard. His "mind" probably isn't the best judge of good and evil.

Posted

What I'm saying is that "good" and "evil" should be up to you to decide, not everyone else. If you think smoking pot is moral, that, for you, is good. It shouldn't be black and white.

Posted

God sends me texts. You never get those "SEND TO 10 PEOPLE OR YOU AREN'T A CHRISTIAN" texts?

No... My faith in God has never been threatened in the form of a text message. 0_0

Anyways, I kinda really wanna believe in God. However, I am too damn stubborn to have faith in something like that. I think that's my problem. Hopefully I shall mature one day and find peace with God.

Kinda bites though. It'd be cool if I felt love right now in my life, 'cause I kinda need it. Ah well, like I said, hopefully I'll grow outta it.

Posted

What I'm saying is that "good" and "evil" should be up to you to decide, not everyone else. If you think smoking pot is moral, that, for you, is good. It shouldn't be black and white.

I think it depends on whether something is good or bad for an individual, or good or bad for a society. For example, a law may not be morally wrong (driving without your seat-belt) but it could be seen as morally wrong to brake the law (disregarding something put in place for your safety and has no adverse effect on you). I consider smoking pot bad because it can harm my body as well as those around me. How your actions might harm or help other people should be what determines right and wrong, I would think.