Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder what would happen if we took all the flirty people in the world and just put them in a room and let them loose on each other, just let them all catcall/flirt/romance each other until they don't want to do anything anymore. Like, everyone talks about wanting to violently react to these people but I would rather see if I can erase this crazy out of control sex drive of theirs somehow. I guess it's because I've had a guy hit on me a fair bit recently and I basically have the temptation to either hook him up with someone else or paint a wall with his brain matter because I literally cannot say "Oh I'll just hit him once in the face."

Posted

cool thing: today is the last day of wearing contact lenses for me EVER! I'm getting lasik surgery in two weeks so I have to wear my glasses up until the day of the surgery. and then after surgery, I've got puppying perfect vision. I can't even imagine it, I'm so excited.

my eyes are complete garbage btw, I'm very nearsighted (-7.00 both eyes), got slight astigmatism in my right eye and I suffer from dry eyes. unfortunately only my vision will be corrected but who cares this is AWESOME 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Apparently everyone has trouble rejecting people. Let me do it! It will be funny!

Actually, I remember there is a "rejection hotline" where you give someone the number when they ask for yours, and when they call it, the operator informs them that they have been rejected, with things like "press 1 to hear an even sadder story" and "press 2 to get someone to sympathize with you". Etc

Also Cirt why get lasers fired into your face, you probably look adorable with glasses

pheonix561, Knuckle and Cirt like this

Posted

cool thing: today is the last day of wearing contact lenses for me EVER! I'm getting lasik surgery in two weeks so I have to wear my glasses up until the day of the surgery. and then after surgery, I've got puppying perfect vision. I can't even imagine it, I'm so excited.

my eyes are complete garbage btw, I'm very nearsighted (-7.00 both eyes), got slight astigmatism in my right eye and I suffer from dry eyes. unfortunately only my vision will be corrected but who cares this is AWESOME 

I wonder if anybody has been so happy to see clearly that they cried with joy, and panicked when their tears obscured their vision. I could imagine that happening. Don't let it be you.

pheonix561 and Cirt like this

Posted

Deep down inside, we're all still socially awkward highschoolers and even when we're old we'll be acting like we did in 10th grade. "Maturity" is a farce we trick ourselves into thinking we've attained.

On a brighter note, I almost bought a pair of old teacher man glasses last time I was shopping for frames:

kid-glasses_1517788i.jpg

But instead I have that pair I think I posted on here at some point.

Posted

Deep down inside, we're all still socially awkward highschoolers and even when we're old we'll be acting like we did in 10th grade. "Maturity" is a farce we trick ourselves into thinking we've attained.

Well, people who were awkward highschoolers. I'm convinced I can overcome all that anxiety and repression, though, but I sure my repression began before high school, so I'm not expecting any breakthroughs soon.

My whimsical logic for all of this is that we're all equally scared of one another. Like what they say about spiders; it's more scared of you than you are of it. And so we're basically all spiders, and there's no need to be afraid of one another anymore because we're all a big spider family. It all cancels out, and we're all brothers/sisters in pain.

I'll make a spider cult maybe.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I overcame all social anxiety and awkward high school bullshit via the power of anime

well really, it was the power of friendship, but the friends happened via anime club

Posted

How much is lasik costing you? I'll admit I've been thinking about it every now and then. It would be cool to not have to fiddle with my glasses every now and then or worry about where I put them whenever I can't find them. I spoke with a doctor who said it can range from $500-$2000 dollars?

Posted

On a brighter note, I almost bought a pair of old teacher man glasses last time I was shopping for frames:

kid-glasses_1517788i.jpg

But instead I have that pair I think I posted on here at some point.

You just subconsciously want to be Harry Potter don't you.

Wizards aren't real. The only magic is geometry.

Posted

what do you mean subconsciously? it is pretty freaking consciously

Sahaqiel, pheonix561 and Knuckle like this

Posted

How much is getting a wisdom tooth removed? I have one that got like a gum infection for a week and now it's just a pain.

Posted

I don't know actually. You don't have a dental plan do you?

Posted

You fools have forgotten the most potent magic of all... short stories :o

Lycorisnovel.wordpress.com

Read this, you will feel the magic you've only forgotten.

Posted

How much is lasik costing you? I'll admit I've been thinking about it every now and then. It would be cool to not have to fiddle with my glasses every now and then or worry about where I put them whenever I can't find them. I spoke with a doctor who said it can range from $500-$2000 dollars?

It's not cheap, in total $3800. This is my college graduation gift from my parents lol. The thing is I pay $100 every 3 months for contacts so this will pay for itself in like 10ish years, which is awesome. They told me I was young to get it, usually people don't until about 30 but that means I'll just benefit from it even longer (since most people start to get vision problems again around 40). I'll also get like a lifetime "warranty" on it, meaning any touch up surgery will be for free.

I really do think I am going to cry btw Teto

pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this