Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I've always liked names/bands that are start with vowels, especially I or O or something. B, P, F, are the grossest letters.

Delinquent/Delinquent Music is dope, but I like Delinquent more. Have you tried to make up a word? Or use a portmanteau that's not too exotic?

Posted

yeah idk, I've mostly stuck with straightforward english words. Making up words that sound nice is hard.

Posted

Dude, welcome the puppy back, how have YOU been? Since you left I totally recanted on everything I ever said about the X Men and read way balls deep into the franchise. During the period where both you and Tyrion were gone, that Marvel thread was a sad lonely place.

X-Men is rad, toldja. I've been good. Been working a new job since. Replaced Hnet with more drawing and much more socializing and dating. Hopefully those wont take a hit if i stick around haha. Also been working on 2 game projects (one with a friend, the other by myself atm) though not too much has been accomplished yet. At least not enough that I wanna show off. 

Allen linked me back to Hnet recently in a facebook post, which put you guys back on my mind as a whole. And then Teto mentioned you guys last night too so, why not? I'll give it another go. It's only been a bit short of 9 months since my last visit but I feel I've matured ever so slightly since. I've missed most of you guys too, just so you know. Anyways... yeah. What'd I miss?

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I showed 'im the Steven Universe thread he made. It's kind of funny how the thread flopped when you originally made it but after it was resurrected it got 4 pages of thoughtful discussion and legitimate excitement over the series.

You haven't missed much Phanta. We have a new youngin', and her name is Snow White Queen. We had some trolls but they were all turned into the Super Hyper Special Weenie Force.

Posted

Trolls who were following snow white queen for reasons we still don't know why... Just who is this mystery new member...

Posted

They came from that OTHER Zelda site. But yeah like, I was just thinking to myself one day a few months ago, "God X men are so bad, their continuity is such a clusterpuppy. And then I thought, wait... hold on. I love clusterpuppy continuities. So I got the 2 Uncanny X Men Omnibi, God Loves man Kills, Neal Adams run, and the Wolverine mini

Posted

Yeah Snow White Queen was excitedly mentioned in the Skype chat. Sounds like a neat character.

Wasn't my name something something "hipster" at some point? Yeah, I was into Steven Universe before it was cool! But I'm honored you guys kept one of my threads alive. One of my many, many failed threads haha.

And finally- I used to be bothered that the X-Men movies weren't close enough to the comics, but now I've realized that they are the most accurate comic book movie adaptation I've ever seen. In spirit I mean. The movie continuity is almost as clustered puppyed as the comics. No other series adaptation has captured the heart and soul of a series as they do. Hahaha.

Posted

Agreed. I think DoFP is the first Superhero movie in universe reboot. Feels good

Posted

Not even that. Like Wolverine Origins messed up so much from the original trilogy. And then First Class retconned a lot. And then DofP came out and the producer said "Wolverine Origins isnt canon anymore" like officially. Basically the original Trilogy and First Class, DofP and Apocalypses will be its own trilogy. And then they'll do Deadpool and Gambit and such as.... i don't even know. 

Posted

I would contribute to this conversation, but I've never actually seen any of the X-men movies so... have a song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqEmAsUXVJY

Posted

and Pizza, I have missed you. There were many times when I wanted to show you a game you might like, or talk about Marvel movies.

Posted

I think I might go back to collecting DVDs, starting with various animated movies. I used to do anime, but that's spent for now until more films come out. I'm going to look into other animation now. I've ordered The Illusionist, My Dog Tulip, and Waltz with Bashir.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Waltz with Bashir is actually a movie thats been on my to-watch list for a while now that I still haven't seen, along with persepolis. I think I'll see it this summer.

Posted

DVDs are cool, but unless im buying used or old, i purchase Bluray. I mean, I know they are gonna be outdated eventually too. But collecting DVDs, to me, might as well be collecting VHS'. Which, you know, isn't bad. It's kinda charming actually. But I figure i should put my blu ray player to use. Also better picture. 

Here is a grape.

tumblr_no47e4khvd1u4u8ieo1_540.png