You look a little bit like Octopimp. Either way, it looks nice one you. :>

Knuckle likes this

Posted

It is only right that the world's two biggest Eridan fans look similar

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

whats Up?

Posted

Hey so would anybody be interested free tarot readings? I've been practicing with my deck for a few weeks now and i'm blown away by the results 9/10 times. Whether you want to take it seriously or not, I'd love to practice on you guys! (Though, if you refuse to take it seriously, I'd greatly appreciate AT LEAST the suspension of disbelief + an open mind) 

Posted

Sure, I'm down. 

Posted

I'm interested as well. I've always wanted to have a tarot reading.

Posted

So, I've recently found myself listening to sci-fi novels on my commute to work every day, and I love it. I've listened to the Hyperion Cantos, Shadow of the Torturer / Claw of the Conciliator, A Canticle for Liebowitz, and a few others, and it's one of the best parts of my day. Anyone have any recommendations?

Posted

Big fan of The Left Hand of Darkness.

Shadowknight likes this

Posted

Oh, I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about that book! I really should read it soon. I'm a fan of Le Guin's other works, particularly the Earthsea cycle and Changing Plains, not to mention that a friend of mine wrote her thesis on the effect The Left Hand of Darkness had on the representation of sexuality in modern fiction. That will most certainly be the next book on my list!

Posted

Definitely. I'd say it changed how I read books in regards to diverse characterisation. The book makes a fool of the reader for making typical assumptions about characters, prompting me to big up the characterisation I do for other books. Now generally if a character isn't said to look a certain way, I'll avoid obvious traits. If the witch us described as old and hunched, I'll envision her as being tall, rather than the stereotypically shorter "witch" character.

I'm currently still reading Earthsea. On Tales From Earthsea at the moment, specifically The Finder. Having read Left Hand if Darkness, I find the world's I build in my head are a lot more colourful and diverse.

Posted

Alright, I just finished the audiobook I was listening to, so now I'll start on Left Hand of Darkness. I'll report back on it in like a week!

I had two tests yesterday in back-to-back classes, running from 8 AM until 12:30. The first was in Intro to Christian Theology II, and it covered a lot of theology related to heresies and councils in the first 6 centuries. The second was Christian History I, and it was much of the same with the addition of Roman and Germanic history, and with a greater emphasis on specific people rather than movements. Also, there were a lot of dates. 

Posted

I am happy to say I've finally gotten a job at a grocery store deli. I should be working by Friday.

Knuckle and Teto like this

Posted

Yo this store is sick. It's built into a really nice shopping mall, and it's got a really nice cafe, a great deli and produce section where everything is locally grown and the meat is sliced fresh daily.

Posted

That's great! I love stores that source their products locally. There was a butcher shop in the town where I did my undergrad that had the best cuts of meat I'd ever seen.