Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, there are still some HvZ games around here. I saw one of the rear entrances to an engineering building that had a medical cross and the words "Safe House" written on it in chalk. There are also some of the safe house signs from Left 4 Dead scattered around campus. A few are near the fallout shelter signs, which i find quite interesting. But yeah, I'd recommend playing Fugitive. It was definitely a good time.

Posted

That sounds fun. However I wouldn't be able to do it with only 3 people.

Posted

my campus still plays hvz, but its more of a tag-type deal, as there are no nerf guns, only socks.

it makes me wonder why i bring my nerf gun to campus.

oh right, shenanigans with t1g.

Posted

In band we have a game called ninja. The object is hit another persons hand and everyone tries to dodge because no one knows who you're after.

It may sound fun, but in reality it kind of sucks.

Posted

That sounds fun. However I wouldn't be able to do it with only 3 people.

Are you implying there are only three people in your area of residence

Posted

No I'm implying that I have only 2 other people to play with. 4 if my other friend didn't have to work all the time.

Posted

I wish our HvZ was more like what I hear happens in SCAD...

Posted

It's not something you just get your closest friends to join you in. It's the kind of thing where someone puts up fliers around their campus to let people join in, and then they have a couple meetings before the game to explain the rules clearly and specifically to everyone, and to answer any questions. It's a larger scale thing.

Posted

It requires horde level proportions of people. Especially people who don't know each other.

Posted

what pheo said.

posters and signs and a meeting place, thats all you really need. and a means of marking players. in our hvz its red cloth strips.

Posted

my campus still plays hvz, but its more of a tag-type deal, as there are no nerf guns, only socks.

For us, both are permissible.

In band we have a game called ninja. The object is hit another persons hand and everyone tries to dodge because no one knows who you're after.

It may sound fun, but in reality it kind of sucks.

It totally doesn't suck. If you're playing with good people, it can get intense. It's kind of a thing at my dorm. We have a lot of extra traditions and stuff at my dorm, which is pretty cool because it gives us a lot of opportunities to get to know each other.

Our markers in HvZ are red cloth strips or bandannas as well.

Posted

So apparently we have a leak in one of our water pipes which really only reacts to hot water usage.

Cold showers for the next few weeks. Yipee. ._.

Posted

Oh god, Eka we're having that exact same problem here, it's been like a week lol. Magical repairman is coming tomorrow or Wednesday though!!

But yeah, lol having to use kettle for hot water, no fun :[

Posted

So, I've been drawing a lot more lately. My latest Skyward Sword pic looks great. I'll post it up soon, for those interested :)

Posted

Really? :)