Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

YLA, you just started. Don't worry :)

I guess, but so far it sucks and it depresses me. I hope it gets better though because I'd hate to say that my senior year was my worst year.

Posted

Awww YLA :< I'm sure it'll pick up! The first few days are always the worst imo, they drag on and you're still adjusting to horribly early schedule. It'll be fine, I felt that way with my senior year (6th year here), all the friends I had, well moved to uni that year so it was lonely, but then I met and hung out with a nice group of people in my year group who had free periods the same time as me, which was really great and fun! Plus no required studying for exams... best year ever.

Just saying, don't immediately give up! Keep on truckinggg, then you'll be done with school forever right? Unless you go to uni/college but that sounds more fun lol.

Posted

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this

So, Notch had a lawsuit filed against him by Bethesda, because they dont want him to name one of the new games he's working on "Scrolls." So to settle their dispute, instead of going to court, he challenged them to a game of Quake3. If he wins, they drop the Lawsuit. If they win, he changes the name to something else. Either way, he'll add fine print saying the game isn't related to The Elder Scrolls.

I am going to start solving my problems by challenging people to duels like this.

Posted

Well pheo if you had a tumblr you would have known about this for ages. The lawsuit business started up last month sometime I think. It's pretty awesome what he's doing.

Posted

Well Teto if I had a tumblr I'd be an enormous cock mongler now wouldn't I

Posted

What kind of dumb American slang is 'mongler'

Posted

Kind of like a rancher. A collector.

Posted

yeah, I heard about that Quake duel. I liked the idea. It's more civil than a long and unnecessary court battle over being allowed to use a freaking word.

Posted

Awww YLA :< I'm sure it'll pick up! The first few days are always the worst imo, they drag on and you're still adjusting to horribly early schedule. It'll be fine, I felt that way with my senior year (6th year here), all the friends I had, well moved to uni that year so it was lonely, but then I met and hung out with a nice group of people in my year group who had free periods the same time as me, which was really great and fun! Plus no required studying for exams... best year ever.

Just saying, don't immediately give up! Keep on truckinggg, then you'll be done with school forever right? Unless you go to uni/college but that sounds more fun lol.

Heh. That statement is funny because... Uh... I... Never mind I don't want to talk about here.

Anyway I've been busy lately. I hardly have time to come on because when I have band on Wedensday my friend is over from 2:50 until 5:00. Then I'm a band from 6:00 to 8:45 and by that time I'm too tired. Then on Friday's I have games and my friend comes over and obviously that causes me not to get on. Though luckily I can get on over the weekends.

Posted

Why is it that every time my Mom gets all in a fret (over something like 'I'm not ready to leave yet, I've still got my makeup and hair to do') she always brings up how 'unbelievably dirty' the house is.

I wish she would lighten up. We're leaving for a family get together and she's all in a worry over how she looks, on top of noting how filthy this house apparently is (geez it looks fine). :\

Posted

My mom does the same.

Except, when she's going somewhere, like to our cousins, she starts a fight with my dad most of the time to slow us down. :(

Posted

Moms are pissy, but I think that's a side effect of womanhood mores than motherhood. Though my dad can occasionally fly off the handle too, because my brother is a dick.

Posted

Why is it that every time my Mom gets all in a fret (over something like 'I'm not ready to leave yet, I've still got my makeup and hair to do') she always brings up how 'unbelievably dirty' the house is.

I wish she would lighten up. We're leaving for a family get together and she's all in a worry over how she looks, on top of noting how filthy this house apparently is (geez it looks fine). :\

Stress probably makes it hard to lighten up.

Posted

So guys. I have $400 currently. I'm going to college in a week and a half. To spend on camera or to not spend on camera?

hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhhmhmhmhmhm.

Also, Yuriko: At least your mother is set on thinking your boyfriend is the anti christ (or at least I don't think your mother is)

Phone rings 6 times, I don't hear it because I'm in the basement and the people upstairs with the TV on don't bother to pick up or say anything.

rahrahrah he's never allowed over again.

Posted

Stress over what? She was just putting makeup on to get ready for a family get together. :\ Well, no family's perfect I guess.

But I got my answer later on in the day, so I guess I had to sympathize her (being the only other girl in the house). =P Monthly stuff, all that.

On a brighter note, bringing my 3DS to Fan Expo on Friday was a fantastic idea; 'got so many Miis on Streetpass! I just wish I knew more people IRL who had 3DS'; currently I can only see myself getting Miis on Streetpass if I go to big events like Cons.