Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Once, I pulled an all nighter of programming and I listened to Around the World by Daft Punk over 200 times straight. I have several songs that I've listened to over 1000 times. I really like to put stuff on repeat.

Posted

im still p convinced that my zune program is just boning my song count. and thats not even going into the songs i listened to a million times when i was still using a sansa mp3 player--songs im just plain tired of, for the most part, and will never hit whatever play count they had again, whos actual play counts were lost to the ages.

i also cant extract a "number of plays" listing in that program. i could have sworn i did it one time, but never again :< so everything is just a rough estimate.

on the other hand, after plugging in my external hard drive and re-adding everything to my library ("i dont see the hard drive, its in a different drive!" "shut the hell up, technology.") i found that the number of things ive played a lot is more than i thought it was. one of MM!s themes has over 200 plays.

what bothers me is i dont quite know how it counts "plays". is it hitting the end of the song? a certain percentage of the song? the song starts? so theres also the possibility ive screwballed something else by telling things "hurry up and play yourself again!" or "go back to the beginning!" nothing i can really do about it, though.

Posted

im still p convinced that my zune program is just boning my song count. and thats not even going into the songs i listened to a million times when i was still using a sansa mp3 player--songs im just plain tired of, for the most part, and will never hit whatever play count they had again, whos actual play counts were lost to the ages.

i also cant extract a "number of plays" listing in that program. i could have sworn i did it one time, but never again :< so everything is just a rough estimate.

on the other hand, after plugging in my external hard drive and re-adding everything to my library ("i dont see the hard drive, its in a different drive!" "shut the hell up, technology.") i found that the number of things ive played a lot is more than i thought it was. one of MM!s themes has over 200 plays.

what bothers me is i dont quite know how it counts "plays". is it hitting the end of the song? a certain percentage of the song? the song starts? so theres also the possibility ive screwballed something else by telling things "hurry up and play yourself again!" or "go back to the beginning!" nothing i can really do about it, though.

I have this problem with itunes. Too many songs end with a few seconds of silence, so I just end up skipping to the next song or restarting the current song. Problem is, it only counts as a play if it ends completely. This leads to thoughts like "Have I only listened to Don't Stop Me Now 30 times?" and "I'm pretty sure I've listened to Discord Living Tombstone remix more than 83 times".

Posted

I have this problem with itunes. Too many songs end with a few seconds of silence, so I just end up skipping to the next song or restarting the current song. Problem is, it only counts as a play if it ends completely. This leads to thoughts like "Have I only listened to Don't Stop Me Now 30 times?" and "I'm pretty sure I've listened to Discord Living Tombstone remix more than 83 times".

audacity is my best friend for this kind of crap. if the silence is too long, or even just the ending note, i trim it. just gotta find that codec to export as mp3 and its worth every cent. audacity is actually freeware.

emsomniac and Roc like this

Posted

That made me laugh so much, Roc.

Roc likes this

Posted

I've decided to sell this computer in favor of another that I got for Christmas and, like an idiot, never used.

And no I won't sell it to any of you

You don't want it anyway, it's pretty much a piece of infernal dog shit

Posted

I've decided to sell this computer in favor of another that I got for Christmas and, like an idiot, never used.

It would be really funny if that Hellhound guy suddenly showed up and made a snarky comment about that. I haven't that guy in a while though.

Posted

if it can play dragon nest without overheating and dying.....

Posted

What even is dragon nest

Posted

an amazing game

Good representation of friendly pvp in the game

Posted

A game that lets you be a holy wizard and/or a loli of death, plus some other classes that don't matter.

It's an MMO that takes a toll on your compter's CPU though, so you gotta have a good cooling system to play.

Posted

People actually still play DN? :P

I play LoL now.