Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last call for bat-puppy crazy rumors!

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I found these rumors on the Gamespot forum supposedly from Eiji Aonuma. Most of them sound out-of-place and annoying, but I'll post them anyway:

1. Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.

2. The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being.

3. The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.

4. The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed at. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from TWW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.

5. Sometimes you have to "draw" a specific symbol on a door with your sword to open it.

6. The Bow controls are very similar to the Bow controls in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.

7. There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma made it though, Miyamoto didn't want to include it. There is a Normal Mode for amateurs. The Hero Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies are tougher.

8. The on-stage dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be dungeons with no bosses and bosses with no dungeon. The "dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an ice level. It will be the first "dungeon" in the Game.

Personally I think 1, 3, 5 and 7 are false. A subtitle-less game wouldn't make any sense, since we already got a game with no subtitle, and making another Zelda game by the same name would probably be too confusing. As for three, we already know the Fairy-like girl will be inportant, but Zordiana? It sounds like Chuthulu's niece for Chris's sake! Adelle sounds leagues better, don't you think?

The drawing symbols thing sounds both cool and agonizing at the same time: on one hand we get to carve the Triforce and such into walls like Zorro, which I've always wanted to do, but on the other hand it seems that whenever you haft to draw a symbol in a game it takes twenty tries, a case of arthritis, and constant cursing to get it right by the game's standard (see Okami and Phantom Hourglass for examples). No thanks. Number seven is unlikely since programing an easier game to go along with a similar yet more diffacult game would be tiring, let alone selling them togeather in the same game. Also number eight seems off, not because of the temple with no bosses thing or the not noticing it's a boss chamber, but the fact that they start off with an ice temple. Usually they start off with a forest temple and/or a fire temple long before moving on to ice. I don't know . . .

Posted

hopefully these r true sound like alot of fun

Posted

wow i posted this stuff at the same time as u in the zelda wii topic lol!

hopefully these r true sound like alot of fun

I know, weird huh? And some of them do sound cool, like the grappling hook thing and the story being about the creation of the Mastersword, but the ones I did mention would begin to annoy me fast.

Posted

Dude if you just wanna cuss just do it. We don't care.

But yeah I don't mind the idea that it might be about the creation of the Master Sword. It'd fit with the theories about the girl being its spirit.

Which must be why she looked depressed in the art. Hell I'd look depressed too if I were about to be trapped in a sword for all eternity.

Posted

I hope 7 is true. I would love my super hard mode.

I also hope theres a lefty option. I can't be left out! (Get it? LEFT out? lol)

I also don't believe 1 and 3. I love 2 though. I hope its real.

But I really want my lefty option!

Posted

I think much of that list is false, though bosses without dungeons and vise versa sounds fun.

I hear a rumor that Link can shoot head beams.

He'll swing his head and his own screaming head will have a projectile glowing in trippy colors that will collide with enemies and make them melt.

Posted

But I will also be disappointed if she turned out to be the MS. My childhood OoT memories will be demolished :(

Posted

Dude if you just wanna cuss just do it. We don't care.

But yeah I don't mind the idea that it might be about the creation of the Master Sword. It'd fit with the theories about the girl being its spirit.

Which must be why she looked depressed in the art. Hell I'd look depressed too if I were about to be trapped in a sword for all eternity.

Really? I thought it was in the sign-up conditions that posing vulger posts was against the rules. But then again people curse around here alot anyway, so oh well. But thank you for commenting! Also the head-beam thing sounds trippy yet awsome, even though it's highly unlikely.

Posted

Oh please, the head thing is fake :P

Posted

Nobody reads the contracts >_<

But yeah. There's a lefty option?! HELL YEAH THEY SHOULD PUT THAT IN!

Posted

Are you a lefty?

I will feel left out if they don't. And so will older versions of Link :unsure:

Posted

I heard a rumor that Link's father is a raging alcoholic in Zelda Wii and that the title is officially going to be "The Legend of Zelda, the Hero of Time: Reloaded; the Sword of Dark Chaos Dragons Returns II" and it's going to be a sequel to OoT oh gosh guys I'm so excited.

Gosh, it made me cringe so hard to type all that.

Posted

Hmmm... I suppose I have to give you a few points for mentioning Cthulhu in an appropriate manner...

Posted

I'm not even going to get excited about any rumors relating to Zelda Wii. What always happens?

People release cool, awe inspiring rumors that we usually end up loving and we can't wait for the game to come out so we can see them all in action.

Then when it finally hits the shelves and all these rumors turn up false most of us look at the game and think about how much cooler it would have been if all the good rumors were true.

So it pretty much comes down to "my imagination was better than this game." Well duh, of course its better.

We all got so hyped up by these bogus rumors that were made up using imagination and it makes the real game not look so good.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Though like I have said before, I wouldn't mind having different difficulty modes.

You never know, it might just take Zelda to the next level and it would appeal to casual and hardcore gamers.

Posted

I don't believe most of the rumors because most of the rumors suck.

"Zordiana"? Really? Is that what years of a fanbase have created?

So for now I'm just going to make slightly satirical, if ridiculous, rumors that are sure to catch on if "Zordiana" does.

I hear there is an execution feature, where you get a monster on its knees, then chop its head off and wear it like a hat.

Sahaqiel