Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Favorite Games of All Time

21 posts in this topic

Posted

My favorite game of all time is probably Okami. While the motion controls are off some of the time, the story, artwork, and core gameplay are strikingly fun and well executed.

As for Zelda, I'm gonna say Twilight Princess. It was challenging, fun, and drew on the formula that made Ocarina of Time great and improved it as well.

Where do you stand?

Posted

I have many favorites, as I could never pick ONE favorite amongst them.

Chrono Trigger, Okami, LoZ OoT, Pokemon Yellow and Arc Rise Fantasia stand at the top of my list.

Posted

That really is hard. I'm not sure if it's Super Mario World, one of my first games, or Majora's Mask, a game I still play.

Posted

I don't play games much. So a lot of my favourite games are fairly recent ones.

In no particular order:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Fallout 3

When you totally ignore the plot, it's pretty much endless fun just running around exploring everywhere. But I've been playing it a lot just recently, so 'all time' maybe is a bit of a stretch. But who knows, all I know just now is I'm enjoying it a lot more than I usually enjoy games.

Mirror's Edge

Just fantastic replay value in that game. Mastering every level is good fun and then just kicking ass, running through them really fast makes you feel pretty pro. Great game.

All Pokémon Games

Posted

My favourite game of all time is Banjo-Kazooie, if you didn't already know that :3

Actually, here have a list!

1. Banjo-Kazooie

2. Zelda: Majora's Mask

3. Pokémon Emerald/SoulSilver

4. Persona 3

5. Paper Mario: TTYD

Posted

I'll give the typical Ocarina of Time response for the Zelda game. But for my favorite other game, I'd go with Final Fantasy 6. It really sets the standard for how an RPG should work plot-wise and game mechanics-wise.

Posted

I guess I will say my favorites from all the series I like.

Zelda

Ocarina of Time. Hands down. I think we all know why. Its a classic, hard, long, innovative game. Amazing. Wind Waker came a close second for me, and Majora's Mask too.

Mario

Now that I think about it, I can't choose. Its either Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario World. Both are amazing and were revolutionary for their time. Both were hard, fun and long too. And lots of secrets!

Kirby

Hm....I think it would have to Kirby and the Crystal Shards (For N64). Amazing game. Many different abilities you could get, and very fun fun FUN!

Super Smash Bros.

I would have to say Melee. Although I still play Brawl almost every day, I feel it can't compete with Melee. It just brings back those amazing, fun memories from many many years ago.

Posted

I could probably list my favorite games of every series, but picking a "number 1" would be kinda hard.

Zelda:

Ocarina of Time

Resident Evil:

Resident Evil 4

Pokemon:

Gold/Silver (old ones, not the remakes)

Final Fantasy:

6 or 12, I can't decide.

Metal Gear Solid:

MGS4, definitely.

Fire Emblem:

Path of Radiance.

Sonic:

Adventure 2 Battle

Dragon Quest:

Dragon Quest VIII

Dead Space

and...that's about it for "Favorite games of all time."

I would say Fallout 3 if it wasn't so damn glitchy and the story wasn't so retarded. It's an amazing game, and has amazing potential, but I don't think they capitalize on it very well. If you play it just to run around and do the sidequests, you'll have a really good time. That's where the game shines, in the sidequests. They fill in the story and help get you into the game. If you just ran through the story mode, Fallout 3 would be one of the worst games I've played in recent memory.

Posted

Dragon Quest IX

Posted

Knuckle likes FF6

Mind blown ;o

Posted

Shaq Fu

Posted

Zelda-MM (I got to be a Zora!)

Non-Zelda-Persona 3 portable (I think it is better then 4 because it has much more enticing storyline plus the option to play as a female helped me feel more connected with the main character which really embraces the two main themes of this game: memento mori (which also became my fav latin phrase because of this game) and (the new one because of the option to play as a female whice changes your gaming experences) the butterfly effect)

Posted

I don't care what you bitches say, Halo: Combat Evolved is still and always will be at the top of my list.

And so is Halo 3, because it's the only video game that I can actually say I have memories of having insane amounts of fun with friends. I actually met my best IRL friend ever on Halo 3, who just happened to live in the same town as me, and go to the same school.

Posted

I love how nostalgia always takes precedence over quality. Every. Single. Time.

Like, how, my favorite game is Ocarina of Time, and literally no game can change that. I've had IMMENSE fun with games like Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, and Modern Warfare. Arguably, those games have way better quality than Ocarina of Time, but because of nostalgia, it cannot ever be replaced. Thanks to nostalgia, I simply cannot will myself to like a game better than Ocarina of Time.

But honestly, I'm okay with that. Because every time I boot up Ocarina of Time, the memories start flooding back. All the good times, all the bad times, all the "OMG" times...everything. And that, put simply, cannot be undone. I cannot experience those things the same way again, and I cannot redo my childhood.

Ocarina of Time is stuck being my Favorite Game of All Time...and that will never change.

Posted

my favorite game of all time is wind waker i can beat it in a week, i love the way its more of a cartoon.