Minecraft

507 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty good at hardcore attempts; my friends and I (three people) killed the Wither and set up this huge mountain base. I did all the architecture and redstone wiring, so a lot of our tasks were automated. We really really didn't want to die though, so we've probably put something like 30 hours into it.

Posted

the advantage to doing the ender dragon over the wither is that we won't be farming for a 2.5% drop

does kaffles want to play?

Posted

Yeah, the Wither Skulls are annoying to get. But if you get enchanted swords that are specifically for getting lots of rare drops, it makes it a lot less annoying.

We also had a trap for trapping zombie villagers. How it works is, you lead them into a room, but before they enter the room, you step on a pressure plate outside the room on the other side. When the zombie villager enters, he steps on another pressure plate, which trips an AND gate which sets a memory cell that pushes iron bars and walls that block him off. Then there's a switch for a dispenser that dispenses potion of weakness, and a chest full of regular golden apples. The trap room contains a bed; supposedly iron bars and beds make the transformation take less time. Since it was just on the outskirts of the village we created that juts off the side of our mountain, once the trap is deactivated, the villager runs to one of the houses that's prepared for him. They were all apartment-style one block wide houses. The villagers were useful in getting diamond armor and enchants for things like animal farming or other miscellaneous tasks. We created the village entirely from scratch. All zombie villagers and our own labor in building.

Supposedly the Ender Dragon is super easy to beat, which is a little disappointing. But yeah, if you guys want to do a rush job, I'm pretty sure I heard that you can solo it with nothing but iron armor.

kaffles is tres bad at Minecraft but I'll ask her. She still likes to play, so she'd probably hop in. Just don't count on her to be too good at the "surviving" thing.

Posted

I didn't know people still played this lol

Kasie is having me make custom skins for the NPCs on her server. She is puppying amazing at making stuff. She's working on a mini game maze/race kinda deal that takes place in a haunted house. 

Posted

we would all be in a skype call while we played, and when you die, you drop out of the skype call

it adds to the OH MY GOD THEY ARE DEAD

pheonix561 and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

then minecraft would suffer in popularity because its fanbase is dead

Posted

When my friends and I played our Hardcore attempt, it was before the Redstone Update. After the update, Nether Quartz was introduced, and we wanted it because I was going to make our castle even cooler. Nether Quartz is also great for farming XP since it's like coal but at last three times more common. We had super crazy enchanted diamond picks, so we could literally just walk forward and hold down the mouse and all netherrack would just disintegrate in front of us. (Seriously, think of how fast you break tall grass, but with a block) Turns out there were a couple things that weren't mentioned in the release notes for the Redstone Update:

1) Lava flows as quickly as water in the Nether.

2) It spreads even more than water does on the overworld in the Nether.

3) Random single blocks of lava would spawn inside Netherrack.

After we discovered this by almost being set on fire tunneling underneath a lava lake, we were pretty pissed. The only reason we weren't set on fire is because we broke Netherrack so fast that the lava was really far away when we accidentally mined into it. A lot of people must have lost their hardcore attempts that night, which was probably the intent, since it gave a pretty good reason to go into the Nether. We were prepared with fire resist potions, though, so we were pretty set.

Incidentally, my friend started a solo hardcore playthrough. I call those "Solo YOLO attempts".

Posted

i was in the Charged Creepers server for literally less than 3 mins

tumblr_mpqg0wlz1z1qft31ko1_1280.png

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Ok so when is everyone up for this?

Posted

Whenever?

Posted

would it be possible for me to join

Posted

would it be possible for me to join

Posted

sure?

anyone who wants in should get on skype so i ccan add them to the chat

Posted

We need to figure out a day. For now post which days you are free for as far up as you know.

Me? i'm free any day. I have no job.