Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The elephant in the Whitehouse

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude, have you ever turned on the news, Puck? That's all they talk about. It's not being ignored and it's not the "Elephant in the Room."

I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry.

Posted

If our demands are not being ignored, than why do they plan on building it anyway? That's like me asking for a cheeseburger, getting a taco instead and when I complain to the manager he says: "We're sorry, but a taco is fine too, right?"

Posted

Because it's their right as American citizens to build a mosque where they please. It's 6 freakin blocks away, it's not like it's on top Ground Zero.

I think it's a little insensitive, but this is a time were one must place logic in front of emotions.

Posted

'Least I ain't a horror, HairyJew Vampire.

And that, kids, is how we politics c:

Posted

So in the process of all this Teto got another new avatar and Cascade got a name change.

Faymin? Is that how you say it?

Posted

Pheo you are correct! :>

Posted

Puck, when you say, "The majority of Americans" I think you mean "Everyone who watches Fawx news"

Also, your poll is incredibly bad.

Posted

Puck, when you say, "The majority of Americans" I think you mean "Everyone who watches Fawx news"

No, actually. Many liberals, even some moderate muslems protest it as well. You just don't hear much about it.

Posted

But seriously, why would you be against the building of the mosque? Not only is it not on Ground Zero, but it's incredibly rude to deny them the right to build the mosque, they're also American citizens (gasp) and it's idiotic to assume Muslim = Terrorist

Freedom of religion dudes?

Posted

This is as bad as denying the right to build a church near a Jewish community because Hitler was a Christian.

Posted

I love how Puck refuses to spell "Muslims" correctly. It's cute.

Posted

But seriously, why would you be against the building of the mosque? Not only is it not on Ground Zero, but it's incredibly rude to deny them the right to build the mosque, they're also American citizens (gasp) and it's idiotic to assume Muslim = Terrorist

Freedom of religion dudes?

I love the first amendment, lol. However, if I were the people looking to build, I would look at all the outrage at the thought, and realize that they are going to get vandalized and quite possibly attacked(not that that is okay, it'll probably happen though). I would also say that the building of a mosque so close to one of the largest, most recognized landmarks destroyed by Islamic extremists is rather insensitive. So basically, I'm not against it, I just think it's a bad idea for all involved, it won't ennd well (assuming they get funding, not looking good at this point)

Posted

The Christians destroyed/burned/killed more people during the Crusades, yet you don't hear about people saying building a church... anywhere in Europe is a bad idea.

Posted

Mr. Sahaqiel has a point.

Not really in favor of the mosque, but like I said: logic > emotions.

Posted

It's not that I'm being insensitive towards Muslims, it just seems that building a mosque so close to a place which was destroyed by islamic extremists seems kinda dumb. Also, Hitler wasn't Christian, he was acctually an occultist. But if radical christians destroyed a building near me and the wanted to build a church so close to the destroyed site, I'd say no too.