Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 year old assassin

15 posts in this topic

Posted

A 14 year old boy has been apprehended outside Mexico City, after admitting to beheading at least 4 people under orders of a mexican drug cartel. The boy has dual citizenship (unverified) in the U.S. And Mexico.

Where should the boy be tried? Should he be tried as an adult?

Citation to come when I'm not on my phone.

Posted

Well, it should be in mexico I would say. It happened there and that's where he was apprehended right? Not sure about the other one yet, let me think more on it.

Posted

Well, it should be in mexico I would say. It happened there and that's where he was apprehended right? Not sure about the other one yet, let me think more on it.

He was apprehended in mexico, I'm not real sure as to where the actual assassinations were carried out, but yes, if they were in mexico, he should be tried there, if it crossed into the u.s., he should be tried here

Posted

He sounds like a bad-ass anime character. Therefore he should be tired in Japan.

Posted

Boys will be boys.

He sounds like a bad-ass anime character. Therefore he should be tired in Japan.

I'm never tired in Japan, I find it difficult to sleep!

Posted

that usually happens in "La Familia"...

I'm scared. :cry::nervous:

But this guy should pay for his crime. Vendetta, vendetta!!! :anger:

:zelda:

Posted

Lawl at my typo. :>

Posted

If the crime was commited in mexico then it should be tried in mexico.

Posted

I like how the discussion is over where he should be tried, rather than what he did.

Posted

it's not a question of what he did, he admits to it openly. Granted, where he should be tried isn't really a question either.

Posted

I feel kinda bad for the kid, but he sounds like he's fully aware of what he's done, so he should be tried as an adult.

Posted

See, this is the kinda thing that makes me mad.

Should the kid be tried as an "adult?" Think of what was just asked. He's a kid. Legally, he cannot own property, cannot vote, cannot smoke, drink, etc. He has very few rights. No, he should not be tried as an adult unless the legal adult age is lowered. There's a reason why we try adults differently than children. Yes, he knew exactly what he was doing, but that does not make him an adult. Period. Either change the child laws or change the age of adulthood. Otherwise it's bullshit.

Posted

See, this is the kinda thing that makes me mad.

Should the kid be tried as an "adult?" Think of what was just asked. He's a kid. Legally, he cannot own property, cannot vote, cannot smoke, drink, etc. He has very few rights. No, he should not be tried as an adult unless the legal adult age is lowered. There's a reason why we try adults differently than children. Yes, he knew exactly what he was doing, but that does not make him an adult. Period. Either change the child laws or change the age of adulthood. Otherwise it's bullshit.

Chase, what state do you live in?

I know here in MO you can be tried as an adult at 14, younger in exceptionally violent crime.

See, when you look at crime, it isn't about age, it's about intent, and whether or not the person was old enough to understand that intent. Smoking, driving, whatever, those are just government regulation. This is about whether or not you broke a law you were capable of understanding. Should we let of a 17 year old a year after he commits a violent murder because he turned 18, and send him off with a clean and newly expunged record.

You see, that is the point of trying someone as a child, so that when they turn 18, they can start a new life with a clean record. It is also why we reserve the right not to extend a child that courtesy in violent crimes which make them a danger to society. If tried as a child, he would HAVE to be released at 18, no matter what the crime.

Posted

I live in Arkansas.

I would be okay with that, honestly. Because:

1) It gives him a second chance

and

2) If he ever murders again, then he will be tried as an adult.

I'm not advocating murder, I'm not hoping he'll go out and murder again after he turns 18...I just think he is a child (in every sense of the word) and, despite his intent, deserves the chance to change. 14 is waaaaay too damn young to spend the rest of your life in prison.

Posted

I live in Arkansas.

I would be okay with that, honestly. Because:

1) It gives him a second chance

and

2) If he ever murders again, then he will be tried as an adult.

I'm not advocating murder, I'm not hoping he'll go out and murder again after he turns 18...I just think he is a child (in every sense of the word) and, despite his intent, deserves the chance to change. 14 is waaaaay too damn young to spend the rest of your life in prison.

1) In my studies, 4 years is never enough to rehabilitate a murderer, often, life never is, especially an already repeat offender who murders in such a violent manner. I see how MAYBE someone who kills someone in a moment of childish passion, But not someone who intentionally hunts down and beheads specific targets. That is specifically why law allows the option to try either way.

2) Why give someone with such a track record a second chance just because they turn 18? Here's the thing, give the kid life with option of parole. A life sentence is 40 years, not till you die. With parole, means they have an option to get out on probation in 15 in most states, if they have toed the line and can show improvement and that they are no longer a danger to society.

14 is waaaaaaay too young to have killed multiple people by cutting off their heads for hire from a drug cartel. I'm sorry if you don't disagree, and I certainly won't hold it against you, but I don't hope with murderers, of any age. If I'm going to be okay with you getting out of prison, you had better damn well have shown that you are changed, and there better be a way for the CJ system to keep up with what you are doing for a while on the outside, and we just can't do that if they are tried as children.