Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is God Using Snow To Be A Cock-Block?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

First, of all, lemme just say, I'm a Christian. I fully support Jesus and all that good stuff. This guy, however, is a douche. I puppying hate Christians who, not only preach hate instead of love, but also make Christianity in general, look crazy and shit. I personally don't believe that God has anything against gays. I mean, he made men with prostates... So yea.

I unno about lesbians though, they might be witches in disguise. (That was a joke)

tumblr_lg3itxUl3N1qa2vz7o1_500.jpg

Additionally, he argued, God shut down major airports in the New York area “so that people who were hoping to fly to do something of a gay nature would have to take a train or a bus, so it might be days before the gay thing they were going to do could occur.”

As for the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather, the televangelist said, “I think God probably wonders, if these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?”

In other blizzard-related news, the National Weather Service offered this update: “It’s as white as a Glenn Beck rally out there.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/12/28/pat-robertson-snow-is-gods-way-of-punishing-americans-who-were-planning-to-drive-to-do-something-gay-2/

Posted

It's not because it's "Anti-God" it's because it has a political statement, rather then just a general moral. Same reason I never read Narnia.

Posted

I just find political art to be kinda boring. I mean, not 100% of the time- Avatar was okay, but most of the time.

I posted this article 'cause, honestly, it made me mad and laugh at the same time.

Posted

I thought this was a joke.

I still think this is a joke.

Posted

Not all context is political context. I love stories that teach general moral values that anyone can apply to their life, despite time or location. LAME EXAMPLE- One Piece has taught me to value what's close to me, namely my friends, above all else. There is nothing political about it. It's not persuading me to join this movement or support that statement. I also like Cartoons because they are easier to understand than real life. I can see how characters interact socially and apply it to my life. I honestly would never read a book that told me why abortion is good or bad or fantastic.

I thought this was a joke.

I still think this is a joke.

Saha, honestly, Pat Roberston has said was crazier things then that.

Haiti got an earth quake because they worship Satan.

Don't adopt orphans, their parents may have offered their children to the Devil! That totally explains why most of them are mentally disturbed. Yea, losing one's parents or being abandoned by them isn't the correct answer at all!!

Posted

Lol'd hard. This must be a joke. Nobody is /that/ insane right? :C

also Northern Lights (Golden Compass) was really entertaining to read. I just find it silly that people get offended by it. Each to their own though :>

Posted

What are you even talking about?

You didn't read the book and don't what it's about. For example, The Golden Compass is one book of a series. Some events in the book MAY relate to real world events or they MAY NOT. It depends on the reader. It's a story first.

Ayn Rand's books, for example, are horrible blatant political statements with a half-assed story tacked on to it.

Okay, That's just what I've heard. Sorry for being misinformed.

Posted

He never washes his hair.

Posted

So the snow's getting bad up north, as well? It's been abnormal all around, then? We just got a foot of snow down here.

Posted

Must mean your area is more gay than our six inches and ice.

Posted

Must mean your area is more gay than our six inches and ice.

We have 9 inches of snow. Usually about 2 inches of ice or so on the sidewalks. I had to use a pickaxe to clear the walkway to the jeep. Lansing, however, got about 18 inches of snow.

Posted

Lol'd hard. This must be a joke. Nobody is /that/ insane right? :C

also Northern Lights (Golden Compass) was really entertaining to read. I just find it silly that people get offended by it. Each to their own though :>

Have you read the other two in the "His Dark Marterials" series?

Pretty good and

They end up Killing "god" in the third book, "Amber Spyglass", though it turns out god isn't really all powerful, he was just around longer and established control.

Anyway, it is a good series to read, and it's pretty easy to look past the political and religious backdropping, if you don't let it hold you up too much.

Posted

Yeah, Pat Robertson is cool. If you haven't seen Rob Pattinson

Okay, this? This was funny. This was a funny statement.

Posted

I thought that was an Onion article at first. Regardless, it's hilarious.

His Dark Materials is a very controversial series, since it's essentially about killing God. But that's why you should read it. Wouldn't it be better to come up with your own opinion instead of blindly adopting someone else's?

Posted

Yea, I really don't wanna blindly adopt the teachings of a fantasy novel author. That'd be like Fantology instead of Scientology. ;>