Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Skyward Sword Trailer and Ocarina of Time 3DS Slideshow

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Take a look at the Skyward Sword trailer [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-zelda-skyward/711140#comments_top"]here[/url] and let everyone know how you feel about it. This is courtesy of Gametrailers.com

You can check out the OoT slideshow [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-the-legend/711146"]here[/url], also courtesy of Gametrailers.com.

Do the graphics live up to your expectations? Will this convince you to buy it? Does this send you into a nostalgia-induced coma?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGObAFRnIo[/media]
this is a video showing GDC where the trailer and the slideshow came from. Also, it appears that Nintendo is doing something special for Zelda's 25th Anniversary. Exciting!

Posted

Wait, did you delete a thread and make this one as I was posting in that other thread? Is this the same video but higher quality? Because here's what I had to say about that video.

I like that this game is taking less influence in terms of art from windwaker. In windwaker many if not every enemy in the game had a big, long, stout torso, with tiny little legs. In this game it looks like the enemies are all unique and variable. They all also seem to call back to the older zelda game styles. At least, thats the opinion I get when I look at this. I also like the four armed skeleton and it's weapons, assuming thats the new stalphos. That was pretty cool. And who's that smarmy motherfucker at 0:50? Is he the new villain? Could he be a 3D vaati?

EDIT: Yes, it is the same trailer. Now the smarmy motherfucker is at 2:00.

Posted

He posted 4 minutes after me. With a lower quality video. In all caps. So yes, I deleted it.

Posted

*w* SS ooks soooo pretty! I am intrigued nows, do want a release date now.

and so is Ocarina of Time oh my golly gosh why are the graphics sooo nice :<<<<<<

Posted

Oh my gosh, I literally started crying when I saw Skyward Sword's trailer. A-MAZ-ING.
And don't even get me started with OoT. I almost bursted out crying.

Posted

That teleporting guy at 2:07...haven't we seen Zant teleport in a similar way?

Posted

If its not Vaati, I'll call him diamond man, i mean his cloak has diamonds on it, and when he snaps his fingers he vanishes, leaving diamonds in his place

Posted

SS still looks like shit, but at least his pants aren't poofy. That's a plus. I guess.

Also I don't know how they did it, but they managed to butcher OoT. I mean the graphics look like shit. 3D ruins everything.

Posted

His pants are the same. It does not look like shit. Unless by shit you mean "fucking gorgeous" then yes it does look like shit.

Again, if you mean "fucking gorgeous" then yes this looks like shit too. This is not in 3D. I wish you would somehow become intelligent.

Posted

Seriously? I swear they're not as poofy. When I say shit. I mean shit.

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shit.jpg
^Shit. It's what it looks like.

Also I know it's not the 3D effect, but the graphics are influenced by 3D and they don't look so good.

And if you must know I am one of the mostintelligent people in my school.

Oh yeah before you say anything this is me being nice about it. I could say tons worse.

Posted

I've said all I want to say. Your idiocy speaks for itself.

Posted

Why are you calling me an idiot? I'm not an idiot I'm very smart thank you. You need to learn to accept other people's opinions and not be such an asshole.

Posted

I accept all viable opinions.

Posted

Well said mine and you went and said this.

[quote]I wish you would somehow become intelligent.[/quote]

Posted

No, a viable opinion would sound like this:

"Skyward Sword looks a bit dated compared to games on the PS3 and Xbox 360, but that is to be expected. The graphics are on par (or even better than) the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, though I do not like the art style, for reasons I cannot explain. Perhaps by playing the game I will change my opinion, but for now I am not impressed by Skyward Sword."

This is closer to what a viable opinion sounds like.

"It looks like shit" means nothing to me. If you were reviewing this particular game, and you said this, I would completely disregard your review. You lose all credibility when you say "it looks like shit" because it's very obvious to anyone that this does not look like shit. The characters are detailed, Link's face is very expressive, there's a liberal use of color throughout the whole trailer, and every environment and enemy looks unique and engaging. You are simply wrong. Now, it's very different for you to say "I do not like the direction of the art" because that isn't saying it looks like shit. That's just saying that it isn't your particular taste, which is fine. You're trashing all the hard work they've put into this game for no reason. You are the asshole.

And on the 3D thing. The 3D has absolutely nothing to do with the picture you're seeing on the screen. You know why? Because it's in 2D and your computer cannot show 3D. You'd have to hold the 3DS in your hands to get any kind of 3D effect, not to mention they have it turned off for the still shots. Your opinion is wrong. The graphics are not influenced in any way by 3D in the picture. And, if you saw the 3D effect in person, you would hopefully change your tune, since the 3D can only make it look better. Plus, if you don't like it, turn it off.

Like I said, I respect viable opinions, but yours has no grounding. You are simply wrong, on all accounts.