Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Skyward Sword Trailer and Ocarina of Time 3DS Slideshow

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks shitty.

Posted

I'm seeing on some sources now that the release date for Ocarina of Time 3DS is June 7.

Posted

[quote name='Is name changing working' date='03 March 2011 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1299175364' post='338280']
Looks shitty.
[/quote]
[img]http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5070365/I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Spongebob-Face[/img]

Posted

[quote name='Spaz' date='03 March 2011 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1299186796' post='338298']
I'm seeing on some sources now that the release date for Ocarina of Time 3DS is June 7.
[/quote]

Really? 8DDD

Posted

Wow.. Just, wow. I check this site for cool Zelda news for the first time in a long time, and don't get me wrong; this is a nice find and it's good to see more Skyward Sword details and the like, but you know what else I saw that didn't surprise me one bit?

Young Link Addict bad-mouthing another Zelda game before it's even seen a release date.

If it's not bitching about cel shading-induced headaches, or complaining about Zelda games he hasn't even BEATEN yet, it's complaining about something trivial and what everyone else has accepted as a viable change (ie. 3D graphics/technology). Is there no pleasing you? Are you cursed with a mental chemical imbalance that makes you hate everything that others enjoy, praise or "nerd" over? I'm really, and I mean, REALLY, am starting to question how much of a Zelda fan you REALLY are.

I remember all the bits you and Sahaqiel [bless him and what little patience he had with you] got into over your biasededness and how assinine your views on certain reasons for hating particular installments of Zelda games were yet you defended them like you thought your views and your thoughts were the only ones that mattered. Hell, I could compare your level of reasoning and mentality to Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory on TV.

So basically long story short, YLA I'm telling you this now for the good of everyone on this site: if you don't have a damn thing good to say about the series this SITE is about, and the franchise so many fans take pride in, SHUT UP. Me personally? I'm excited for Skyward Sword. What I don't need (and I'm willing to bet others are with me on this) is a biased little troll sucking all the fun out of being a fan.

All that said and out of the way, Skyward Sword trailer? Sick. Excited? Yep!! Release date? Not too worried about when it becomes public knowledge; the longer the better. I'd much rather a quality finished product that wasn't rushed by corporate demons :)

Posted

tl:dr drc.

Just saying that so you know I at least acknowleged your post.

Posted

The new trailer has gotten me extremly excited :D I cant wait to actually fight using Wiimotion plus. !!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the graphics (which for some reason has been bashed alot on this thread :S) I think their awesome! The colour and detail looks bright and smooth and I cant wait to explore the world. It does have some of that WW feel sprinkled here and there... but I loved WW as a zelda game, lol

The part I love about zelda, Is that Nintendo has givin it many forms that all manage to capture the same magical core that IS Zelda. OoT WAS an amazing game... arguably the best of all time. but before OoT was where Zelda was first created and the base was set. OoT just added another dimension.

SS will be amazing :) I'm sure YLA will agree (If not to anyone but himself) once the game comes out. pls be soon :D

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='04 March 2011 - 06:33 AM' timestamp='1299238405' post='338380']
tl:dr drc.

Just saying that so you know I at least acknowleged your post.
[/quote]

So by acknowledging my post, you're admitting you hate the Zelda franchise, that you're hopelessly biased, and you can't say anything good about anything? I was right!

[quote name='gamerhenry' date='04 March 2011 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1299261890' post='338401']
just added another dimension.

SS will be amazing :) I'm sure YLA will agree (If not to anyone but himself) once the game comes out. pls be soon :D
[/quote]

I'll believe that when I see it. I don't think YLA knows what praise is. He hated WW because of cel shading and said it caused him headaches. Well then he better stay away from SS, he might suddenly detest the game after complaining the new Wii Motion Plus tech gave him Carpal Tunnel... I can just imagine what the QQ will be like then...

Posted

[quote name='DorkLink' date='04 March 2011 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1299267733' post='338406']
So by acknowledging my post, you're admitting you hate the Zelda franchise, that you're hopelessly biased, and you can't say anything good about anything? I was right![/quote]
No what I'm saying is that post was too long to read at 6:20 in the morning.

Though I am rapidly starting to hate the Zelda francise. If they don't start making good games soon. I mean they made 2 crappy fillers for this one I'll take it, but if what ever is after this isn't good I'm going to give up and say there hasn't been a good Zelda game since MM and the closest it's gotten is TP.

I am not biased it's my motherfucking opinoion so shut your fucking mouth. It does give me headaches when I play it. Would you want headaches while playing something? I think not. Besides I've already proved that this happens to other people. I'm sorry you didn't see it, but it was like last July and I don't know if I'd find the source again.

Also I did say something nice about SS. I said his pants weren't as poofy. That's a compliment. Also I complimented WW by saying the way Ganondorf dies is cool, but it doesn't make up for the bad graphics and the bad plot.

Anything else you want to be wrong at?

Oh and about Wii Motion Plus, I don't think I'll bother to buy it. Don't see the point.

Posted

Wrong? Hardly. 9 times out of 10 on these forums, the shit you say about Zelda games is getting old. Really, if you hate the series that much like you say (or you're starting to), then what the hell are you still doing here? We're a Zelda FAN site. You're basically the only person I can think of on this site that openly bashes the franchise with every installment. You're always bitching about SOMETHING in the game that makes you angry or you don't like and it's usually something trivial that no one gives a rat's ass about.

You know what makes me happy? That you're starting to hate the Zelda series. If we're lucky, maybe you'll leave the site and leave the rest of us to enjoy the future of the franchise (and reminisce over past games) in peace. I think that's just wishful thinking though.

Posted

I like the series. I just don't like WW, it's sequels, or SS. I'm not leaving.

Posted

If the Legend of Zelda series was a hot girl..... YLA would be its abusive husband, lol

" Damnit Zelda!... ya burnt ma F***ING TOAST!! *crash*.... why are you so your stupid!!... but ur hot so ill stick around.... for a while"

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='04 March 2011 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1299273485' post='338416']
I like the series. I just don't like WW, it's sequels, or SS. I'm not leaving.
[/quote]

You're totally missing out. WW, PH, and ST were all AMAZING games. But, your loss!

Posted

I've been looking for a "blank out negative comment" filter on this site since I came back, but no such luck. Damn. Well guess we're stuck.

So back to Skyward Sword... I only remember brief images and flashes so the trailer's still hazy to me a bit at this point, but after looking at Jared's collage of Link-Zelda stuff in his sig, that dude with the shifty eyes and the look of white hair coming down the front of his face kinda does remind me of Vaati like people are reporting... interesting! Vaati in a 3D installment? Sounds fun!

Posted

I'm 99% sure it isn't Vaati. Besides, this game is about the Master Sword, not the Four Sword, so it is highly unlikely we're going to see him at all.