Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Skyward Sword Trailer and Ocarina of Time 3DS Slideshow

110 posts in this topic

Posted

That's what I am. I like the fighting. It's why I play Zelda. The puzzles aren't bad because they're fairly easy at times.

Also I don't know why I'm bothering to be nice about SS. It's lucky that I'm not saying worse than I have been. I could say 10x's worse.

Posted

Thank you for having the good graces not to say 10X's worse. I don't think my little old heart could handle it.

Posted

I'm likin' it, Nintendo! :'D (OhmyGod, especially the video of those new OoT 3DS screens, with the epic re-done music. <33)

Posted

I hate to say this YLA, but you are SO ignorant.

Nintendo doesn't even HAVE to make new Zelda games. They're coming out with TWO this year, and you still complain.
You call yourself a Young Link Addict? You don't even appreciate him in his new game on the 3DS. GET A GRIP.

Posted

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the only reason I even bought my Wii 2-years ago was in anticipation of Skyward Sword. I don't care what the graphics are like, I'm just interested in playing a new and exciting Legend of Zelda game!

Posted

[quote name='Jareddude' date='02 March 2011 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1299112663' post='338184']
I hate to say this YLA, but you are SO ignorant.
[/quote]
This coming from you? Ha don't make me laugh.

[quote]Nintendo doesn't even HAVE to make new Zelda games. They're coming out with TWO this year, and you still complain.
You call yourself a Young Link Addict? You don't even appreciate him in his new game on the 3DS. GET A GRIP.[/quote]
Hey I want I Zelda game that is good. Like OoT an MM. The closest Nintendo got was TP because I felt like playing a Zelda game. They f***ed up pretty badly with WW and the 2 games after that, but they made up for it with MC and FSA which kind of took me back to playing the first. I mean FSA was kind of a bad game and it was made for multiplayer which isn't what Zelda was about, but it's better than FS where you needed more than one person in the first place. MC was ok I mean it wasn't great. I wouldn't really replay it if I was bored, but it was good for a one run game.

I am a Young Link addict and I will be. OoT3DS is just OoT I have that right over there. *Points at Wii and Gamecube games.* Why do I need a handheld version of a good game that was beaten down because it's on a DS.

Posted

Twilight Princess was awful, and you should know that.

Wind Walker took people back to what the original games were based upon and that's exploration at its fullest. It gives you a gigantic map to explore and have fun with, while Twilight Princess is all like HEY, I SUCK LOL, WORST MAP EVER. Also, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks weren't bad, except for Phantom Hourglass, that was bad, but better than Twilight Princess, obviously. [u]Also, the only reason why you think Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures are bad is because you have no friends.[/u] Moving on, Minish Cap was p. amazing, now that I think about it. I get stuck every time when I have to get the Flippers/Bracelet, but still a great game.

Posted

I'm pretty excited about both games. The screenshots for OoT3DS are so gorgeously detailed, and I think they've kept the feel of the original. Looking at the original graphics, as nice are they were for the time, they're a little dated now, and only nostalgia would ever make me say otherwise. It's like comparing the original music from Mario 64 to the fully orchestrated versions of some of the same tunes for Mario Galaxy 2.

Oh, and I'm pretty surprised at how fast Link can move in Skyward Sword, like when he's kicking up dust. Is he wearing Pegasus Boots, or did they put in a dash function?

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' date='02 March 2011 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1299114647' post='338188']
Twilight Princess was awful, and you should know that.
[/quote]

Well, it wasn't [i]bad,[/i] there was just nothing to really do when the game was over. All I really did was collect pieces of heart, and that was fun until I got something like all of them. And then also beat Ganondorf over and over again. It was a fun story to play through in, though. I think if there was anything I enjoyed, it was the dungeons. I need to do it again sometime.

And yes, I believe there is a dash function. It also lets him do things like run up walls to grab ledges. Think along the lines of Assassin's creed. Which is a great idea in my opinion, because It seems much more appropriate for someone to have an ability like that in a platformer if they can't jump.

Posted

I liked TP pretty much. Nothing bad about it, just nothing revolutionary that I really enjoyed. Still a fun game in the end.

Posted

Twilight Princess was a good game.

Most Zelda games are great games.

Twilight Princess was good, not great.

Twilight Princess was not a good Zelda game.

Posted

Here is a video I made showing off the fake little Skyward Sword I made for Young Link ^o^
It was a fun, quick ten minute project. But i'm proud of it, and it looks pretty awesome!
And I added Skyward Sword music to it :D

Posted

[quote name='Clark Kent' date='02 March 2011 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1299120182' post='338205']
Twilight Princess was a good game.

Most Zelda games are great games.

Twilight Princess was good, not great.

Twilight Princess was not a good Zelda game.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

I still remember flipping out when the twilight hands were trying to grab me as I was running out of the twilight dungeon with the orbs. Those things were freaky as shit.

Posted

YLA, since I am pretty sick of all of the fighting, I am going to say/type something

I think your main problem may be that your metacognition skills may be lacking when it comes to the differentiation between the stucture and wording of a statement and a opinion, but don't worry nobody is perfect , but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve yourself and get as close to perfection you can get.

I believe that you may be able to make it so that your posts may never draw fighting again someday. That may only be reality if you want it to, there shouldn't be any logic in imposing something on someone who may not want it.

If you do wish to try and improve, I have some tips that may be helpful since I have a similiar problem except mine is explaining my thinking and reasoning
[list][*]If you put a direct insult into a opinion it becomes more of a statement than a opinion, so try to reword the insult so it doesn't sound like an insult[*]The word "is" should not be in an opinion or it becomes dangerously close to a statement, but if you must used with caution[*]When giving a comparasion, do not put insults in what you are comparing it to, put reasons that, if they are in your own speculation, the same format as a opinion[*]Debating is just stating opinions, not fighting[/list]

Just so you know YLA, I am not trying to insult you or your intellect, but trying to provide some help, that is if you want it

Posted

The new character shown reminds me of a cross between a Zora and Vaati. For now I'm gonna call him Riffraff, because he has that kind of hunch to him. xD