Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum/Site Reorganization and Improvement

88 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711']
[u][b][size="3"]The Legend of Zelda Discussion[/size][/b][/u][/quote]

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711'][list][*][b]Zelda Theories[/b]
[i][size="3"]Discuss solid theories[/size] on the aspects of Zelda not directly touched upon in the series.[/i][/list][/quote]

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711'][list][*][b]The Game Corner[/b]
[i]Talk about [size="3"]non-Zelda[/size] video games and organize online tournaments here![/i][/list]
[/quote]

I don't even know man.

Posted

[quote name='Vintage Rainbow Surprise' date='25 March 2011 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1301026274' post='341699']
Omg, the new site reorganization sucks. It's like a fucking Facebook update.
[/quote]

what

Posted

uhhh

What font is in the banner, by the way?

Posted

Looks good so far. Is it sad I'm stoked the archives section is actually named "Ancient Ruins"?

Posted

[quote name='Cascadey' date='25 March 2011 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1301067826' post='341721']
what
[/quote]
It's probably a joke. Either way, people are happy. <3

Arachne: I thought you'd like it.

Posted

Wtf this is the first time I've seen this. I don't like it though. I keep getting lost. T_T

Posted

It wasn't a joke, Kimmy. This new layout is awful. When I mentioned Facebook, I was talking about how when Facebook updates, they "fix" what wasn't broken, and basically just fuck over and annoy everyone. Except, I guess I'm the only one who finds the organization extremely fowl. I mean, you put the least visited boards at the top and the most popular boards near the bottom. I don't understand this logic at all. Now I havta do extra scrolling every time I refresh or change boards.

Posted

Yes Zelda sections at the top of a Zelda forum what could the logic possibly be?

Posted

[quote name='Kimmy' date='25 March 2011 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1301063137' post='341716']
[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711']
[u][b][size="3"]The Legend of Zelda Discussion[/size][/b][/u][/quote]

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711'][list][*][b]Zelda Theories[/b]
[i]Discuss solid theories on the [size="4"]aspects of Zelda [/size]not directly touched upon in the series.[/i][/list][/quote]

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1299432251' post='338711'][list][*][b]The Game Corner[/b]
[i]Talk about [size="3"]non-Zelda[/size] video games and organize online tournaments here![/i][/list]
[/quote]

I don't even know man.
[/quote]
The Legend of Zelda Game would imply that you are speaking about The Legend of Zelda 1986, yes. Not only that, but The Legend of Zelda isn't just a game. There are a lot more things like manga, books, videos about Zelda, people who do silly Zelda related things, etc. So you're being specific in a place that has to be vague, since we really only have a few sections for it and it's such a broad category.

In my sentence, what is not directly touched upon are not the theories, but the aspects of Zelda that are not touched directly in the series. Saying theories aren't touched upon in Zelda is redundant.
Just like saying other non-Zelda games. Which games are non-Zelda that don't relate to the Zelda series that are also other games other than the Zelda series? All of them.

So yeah. I know I'm just arguing semantics, but they really are important for meaning.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I was kinda skeptic at first but I really like the new layout. I'm noticing posts that I never really noticed before, and the news is right there at the top so it's kinda headlined so I see it first thing. It's pretty awesome, and it feels fresh and new.

Posted

That's what I thought. I mean, I never saw the Fanart/Discussion section regularly and sometimes completely forgot about it. Now I'm seeing the posts and actually stop to look around them. I think this will definitely help traffic, yes.

Also yes. VRS was making a joke. Every time they change the Facebook layouts, everyone complains before getting used to it and seeing it as an improvement. But even though they know they'll warm up to it, they still complain and say it's stupid and the worst.
Sahaqiel

Posted

No, for reals. This is like the new picture album shit on Facebook. I get that we are an LoZ site but I mean, LoZ is like 10% of our conversations-- and that's being super generous.

Posted

That's because it's at the bottom of the forum.
This is going to help traffic, and make new users not think we're stupid.

Posted

right now, i'm torn. I think saha is right about why we never get zelda traffic, but VRS has a good point about us having it really confusing and hard to find the things we care most about. this is one of the worst parts of this website. everyone has different sides on pretty much everything. sure, there's things that most people agree on, but just think. Toon link war (though, i guess that should have happened.), this, and no doubt something during my Hiatus.

I think i just poured out all my feelings in to one post that people will think is pointless and stupid, but i'm used to that by now.
you might as well just disregard this post.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='25 March 2011 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1301110741' post='341792']
That's because it's at the bottom of the forum.
This is going to help traffic, and make new users not think we're stupid.
[/quote]

I've been to many forums in my life time and most of them have the "open discussion" type board at the top and the topic discussion (LoZ, Pokemon, Whatever the forum is about) right after it. It's more welcoming and stuff. Though, we do have a huge Open Discussion board. It might look cleaner and make the LoZ board look closer up if we generalized the OD topics. Entertainment and Other Games could essentially be the same thing. Forum games could even be a sub forum of Entertainment/Games. Stuff like that to clean everything up. It would keep the most used topics at the top but keep the LoZ topics in front without hiding them via the scroll bar.