Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Games That You Really Wanna Play But Can't/Won't

28 posts in this topic

Posted

So, there are a ton of games out there that I'm sure each of us really wanna play, but simply can't due to a language barrier, availably, or some other reason.

I'm in the middle of watching the 4th Keroro Gunso Super Movie, so I downloaded the ROM of the game for it. It's pretty fun, if not a bit hard. (can't beat the second world boss) But as I was looking for it, I came across this game. I really, really wanna play it, and with my flash card, I can. But it's an RPG, which means it's text heavy. Speaking only English, I'm sure I would get lost as soon as I started my adventure. :<

I'll probably just download they other Keroro Gunso side-scrolling games instead.

What are some games you really wanna play but can't/won't? I'm sure Cascade and Rika Code have some in mind.

Posted

This is like, every game with me.

Posted

Every Megami Tensei game that they won't release in europe because Atlus hates us ;_______________;

also Nintendogs+Cats and Paper Mario 3DS. eeeeeeeeeeee so close

Posted

I wanna play:

Umineku No neku kuroni (I terribly misspelled that, but I wanna see if I could figure that mystery out if it was't in Japanese)

persona 2:innocent sin (hopefully the remake isn't banned from America)

persona 2:enternal punishment (just waiting for the remake)

The Resident Evil series (I always freak out in horror games and waste bullets)

Silent Hill(^)

Dead space (^)

The sequel to Trace Memory ( it was one of my first DS games and I loved it and been waiting for the sequel for like ever and recently found out it was released in only Japan and Europe)

Minecraft ( no money and my mom won't buy it for me because it is a computer game)

Legend of Legaia (one of the best RPG's ever, my sister played it, when she moved out I stole it from her, when I tried to play it, it turned out to be broken, I am one of the few people in the world that still has the guide without any pages missing (best written guide I have ever seen))

The four swords series (never had enough players)

I have more but I can't recall them now

Posted

Legend of Legaia (one of the best RPG's ever, my sister played it, when she moved out I stole it from her, when I tried to play it, it turned out to be broken, I am one of the few people in the world that still has the guide without any pages missing (best written guide I have ever seen))

I was confused about this, so I googled it. I THINK I HAVE THIS GAME SOMEWHERE. I hacked it with GameShark and it was a lot of fun. I didn't have the patience when I was a kid to play games un-hacked, so yeah. But still, that was a really fun game!

Posted

Than you should replay it since the replay value is enormously high

I wish it wasn't overshadowed by FF7 because this game was a lot better in both graphics and story

Posted

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Ah, but you can play that game. Episodes 1-7, at any rate.

http://witch-hunt.com/index.html

persona 2:innocent sin (hopefully the remake isn't banned from America)

I know there are English patched ROMs of this game floating around the internet. So if you ever play with emulators, you can play it.

Posted

I want to play a lot of the PC adventure/puzzle games I missed out on, like Phantasmagoria and Grim Fandango. Problem is, they would be hard to run on newer computers because some of them ran on DOS, and the location of the save files is different than the ones on newer computers. I tried running The 7th Guest on Windows XP using Dosbox, but I couldn't quit the game lest I lose all my progress.

Posted

Ah, but you can play that game. Episodes 1-7, at any rate.

http://witch-hunt.com/index.html

I know there are English patched ROMs of this game floating around the internet. So if you ever play with emulators, you can play it.

Same problem with minecraft

Plus I still have no idea what a emulator is

Posted

An emulator is basically the software of a videogame console. It's taken from the hardware and placed on computers, sort of like how people run secondary operating systems on computers if you've ever seen that. With the emulator, you can play videogames in the form of ROMS, so I'ts basically free systems and videogames. Obviously, this is very morally grey, but I use them for some systems because I'm a lawless pirate. :D

Speaking of which, unless I find a way to run a PS2 emulator with Persona 4, It's looking like playing that game is gonna be impossible for now.

Posted

The Resident Evil series (I always freak out in horror games and waste bullets)

Silent Hill(^)

Dead space (^)

It's seriously worth playing all those games, they're really fun.

Minecraft ( no money and my mom won't buy it for me because it is a computer game)

Pirate it, dear.

The four swords series (never had friends)

lol fixed it for you

Posted

An emulator is basically the software of a videogame console. It's taken from the hardware and placed on computers, sort of like how people run secondary operating systems on computers if you've ever seen that. With the emulator, you can play videogames in the form of ROMS, so I'ts basically free systems and videogames. Obviously, this is very morally grey, but I use them for some systems because I'm a lawless pirate. biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, unless I find a way to run a PS2 emulator with Persona 4, It's looking like playing that game is gonna be impossible for now.

Wow, that was actually understandible, usually when I try to figure these thing out I get a bunch of things talking programs or something and since my computer lingo sucks worse than a black hole, I had absolutely no idea what anyone was talking about

Thank you :>

And no *BEEP*draig I have friends, I am just not allowed to have any inside my house

Posted

No problem. :D

My roommate has been giving a crash course in computer engineering, so I learn all this cool stuff from him.

Posted

Cool, I have a friend like that too

But he won't teach me a thing

He said that because I study too hard on things that usually have nothing to do with computers, that I would have too much of a hard time comprehending it all