Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This is the coolest puppying video I've ever watched.

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that i think about it, does anybody do it the former way? And, I don't think anyone I've ever met who was a girl scout stayed a girl scout after brownies. Apparently, all you learn is how not to get raped. You know, I think I'll put my kids in Venture scouts? Its boyscouts, but co ed.

Another Eagle to check in here.

Though I quoted this because I was president of the Greater Saint Louis Council Venturing program before I aged out. Keep in mind that you can't join till they are 14 but it goes until you are 21 for venturing, there is also no equivalent to Eagle or Gold awards for girls in the program, the boys can get eagle in a round about way though.

Posted

Fort was a girl scout for many, many years.

Ummm

I think for 6-7 years.

Sooo many badges and cookies. That shit was fun, I really miss it.

Posted

I guess my... video was... pointless.

Posted

Well, I don't think I would be particularly worried about them getting any kind of gold or eagle scout title, so much as I would worry about making sure they learn everything they would already learn? It's important, to me, that I don't separate them by gender. Though I would particularly like it if I could just enroll my daughter in boy scouts. ASSUMING I EVER HAVE A DAUGHTER. OR KIDS. thinkin' ahead, yo.

Posted

I will have one son and he will be an Eagle Scout or I will disown him.

(Okay not really but I will get him to try Boy Scouts)

Posted

Dude, girls can be in boy scouts?

Holy shit that would have been so much better than wearing a goddamn skirt.

Posted

I would've totally joined the Girl Scouts.

But lol social stigmas.

Also it's a shame everyone is ignoring the video. Like wut.

Posted

Well, I don't know if Girls can be in boy scouts? I sincerely doubt they can, really. But yeah, all of my friends that were girls and wanted to be scouts all wanted to be boy scouts, since boy scouts got to do the cool things like go camping, but girl scouts only did things like tie knots and learn not to get raped (This is the second time I've mentioned that I know, but that seems to be the consensus on the issue), so they left.

Posted

It's important for girls to learn to not get raped.

That's definitely up there.

Um, but, I was in boy scouts and I don't think I ever wanted to be in girl scouts. Except for the cookies.

Posted

I love this guy

I guess my... video was... pointless.

His argument is possibly flawless.

Posted

It is a pretty inspiring video. The idea that a gay couple is less capabe of raising a kid than a straight couple is just absurd.

Anyways, it's just that everyone here seems to have been in Boy Scouts at some point. My Mom put me in Girl Guides, which has the cookies but instead of learning to use a knife you learn to do flower arrangements and try not to get mauled by bears.

Posted

Only in Canada could you have something any more girly than the girl scouts

Posted

Cascade all of your opinions are invalid until you get rid of that avatar.

i *love* that avatar....fits cas's way of talking perfectly.

also, i remember second grade, when the boy scouts came recruiting....bows n arrows n guns n camping.....and i couldnt join ;-;

i was in girl scouts for a few years (note: not brownies) and all i ever did was sell cookies and "camp" in cabins, where we all wound up sleeping in the main lodge anyway. w running water and AC. my troop was kainda lousy, and i dont miss the activities, but i do miss having the stockpile of thinmints in my freezer. (my best friend at the time was the troop leaders daughter, so after i quit we bought cookies from her, but shes kainda AWOL now)