Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the child broiler was serious. Another out of nowhere plot twist that only was believable by saying the siblings all were acting like a happy, connected, biological family, and because Kan said things about "ignoring your DNA to love someone". I was hoping there would be more stuff about that, because if it were more about romance, at least the basic premise would be easily understandable??

Posted

uBTir.gif

fAbsx.gif

She is literally the best character in the whole show

Posted

On episode 31 of the E7 rewatch; gotta say the subbed version is nice (considering this is my first watch-through fully subbed, whereas I've seen it dubbed like 3 other times). I think if I had any gripes, its that Kaori Nazuka needs a little bit more emotion in her voice for Eureka in these later episodes, and Renton screaming when he's serious is a bit deafening to the ears. Oh and maybe get an older VA for Dewey; he sounds cool and all, but Kim Strauss' VA job on him in the dub was like spot-on to his character; perfect voice just based on Dewey's appearance. I like both VAs, though. Besides that, its cool beans. I'm being reminded of so many small bits I'd loved and forgotten from the show. :'3

Also started back on watching Another. Still pretty 'meh', but the ending of episode 3 was certainly... surprising...

Posted

Byebye Nisemonogatari

Posted

@saha

from pretty early on, they decided the diary was the penguindrum, remember? in their minds, they werent looking for a drum with penguins on it--they were more open-minded.

after all, when a hat takes control of your sister and warps you (hallucinatorily?) to another world, and youre seeing penguins invisible to everyone else......why would you assume anything was going to be as it sounded?

Posted

Also they're Japanese

Drum has no meaning to them

Posted

i remember that coming into another series.....one of the characters called another "trash" in english, and not knowing what it meant, he took it as a compliment and got a swelled ego for about 15 seconds

Posted

re watching Hourou Musuko

bawws, bawws everywhere :(

Chimetals likes this

Posted

i could swear that "re" wasnt there before, so its sudden appearance is lol, like

"watching, and giving out so many bawwws"

"watching it AGAIN (gogogogo)"

Posted

I am p. sure that the Japonaise refer to drums as "doramu", if they're not specific types of drums. So yeah, they would have known.

Also, if the penguindrum isn't Kan's heart

Posted

Also started back on watching Another. Still pretty 'meh', but the ending of episode 3 was certainly... surprising...

You should definitely keep watching. It gets a lot better from there.

Posted

Edward Wong Hau Pepulu Tivrusky IV is best

OdhKf.gif

Posted

I think the gif looks a little off but its at 1.98 Mb so i really can't make it any better than that

Posted

You should definitely keep watching. It gets a lot better from there.

I'm on episode 7 now.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Posted

a little

lol