Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

they say the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference

and you are all kinds of indifferent to reading what i say

so

Posted

i dont really see much of a need to drag the mononoke thing on for more than a page, but if you want us to turn this thread into a thread where you say something and i respond with

ok

then i guess we can make that happen

Posted

indifference to replying with any kind of thought

But you said it was Teto's idea, when he was actually backing up what I said in the previous post. :/ Meaning you did not read my post at all.

Oh, yeah, I didn't catch that. I must have skimmed over it. Yeah, we were thinking of different things. Either way, we can agree that the medicine seller either always was, or at some point turned into, a mononoke. Look at how much I can respond to things rather than completely ignoring them! Look, ma, no hands! Only really, I am using my hands to type out responses that aren't blatant offputting messages relating to something completely different. Because when I do that, people call me out on it, I respond by saying the discussion didn't even matter because really I had nothing worth while to respond with because recognizing my errors as no fault to anyone else is something that isn't worth my whiles!

Posted

but if i dont have anything thoughtful to say i dont say anything

and then you get mad at me for not saying anything

so then i say something not thoughtful and you get mad at me for not being thoughtful

it is a lose-lose situation for me

i am also not as good with words as you are. I am not good at writing what you would want me to write (which is coincidentally just what you would write). You are expecting me to do things your way, which I can't

Posted

When you say something, it tends to be completely unrelated to the original topic, which either shows ADHD or a blatant disregard for what a person has written.

When you don't say something, it tends to be a blatant disregard for what a person has written.

So just say something related to what a person has said, especially if it's directed at you? Some kind of response that doesn't warrant my unending rage? Some kind of concession or rebuttal, or just how you feel about it?? Goodness.

Also, the comedy was in that it was written exactly how I type. I made absolutely no effort to mimic your typing style or to think from your perspective in order to come up with a response. SOUNDS FAMILIAR EH.

Posted

Most of the disinterest results from the fact that i would rather not get too distracted from my work (which coincidentally is happening because of this)

so basically i am trying to not fail my classes and now i have to stop doing that in order to make you not mad at me.

But yeah i can see now that i should have gone with option 3: never actually comment on what you said in the first place. I won't get distracted ever, and you will not have a reason to be mad at me. Later.

Posted

about the mononoke outfit bit....i know as far as our japanese class goes, japans isolationism caused the industrial/"modern" age to slam into it quickly, as opposed to a gentler transition, if im interpreting it right. When japan started interacting with the other countries trying to prove itself a major power, it was still wearing kimonos and whatnot, and had to change to fit the other countries expectations of a ruler, as from a european standpoint (as my professor puts it) the japanese emperor looked like a guy in a bathrobe. the modernization spread from areas that interacted with foreign trade first, then to the small country towns. if mononoke took place during this time, it would explain why some stories' characters are dressed in kimonos, and why some seem a little more modern.

also, as to that one theory

about the medicine seller just spawning as a mononoke....hed put down a lot of mononoke barriers when fighting them, did he ever cross any? i mean, the seals on the walls dont count too much, as an open door would let both a human and a mononoke through, but what about the things like the salt path? also, i would think that the barriers/bells would react to his presence, too, if he was just born a mononoke. maybe he kept a safe distance from them, idk.

i feel like i should watch that again.....my memory is so hazy :<

Posted

Those are good points. I didn't quite think about that. He never did cross/break the salt line (because he's not dumb) but the "toys" didn't react to him. Then again, the toys seemed to be sentient to some degree. What I'm thinking is maybe the medicine seller conceals his mononoke presence with his body paint or maybe adding onto the "ambassador" part of my theory, he could be using the medicine seller as a human-as-possible disguise that doesn't register as a mononoke. It makes sense if he relies on mononoke sensitive devices. He'd never be able to do anything. This could also contribute to the theory that the medicine seller was once a human and doesn't trip any mononoke-sensitive devices. We never got to see the seals or toys near kusuriuri while he's transformed. That'd make this a lot easier lol.

Posted

tumblr_m0n2lfQHIY1qdek7mo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0n2lfQHIY1qdek7mo3_500.gif

tumblr_m0n4rheSOe1qdek7mo1_500.gif

yes

#2 4 lyf

Posted

Whoa, look at that drama. I ain't touching that.

On another non-anime note, just watched The Machine Girl, which is a Japanese gore/exploitation film, which was pretty fun. That's a movie with oodles of GIFable moments, Teto. Especially the woman with the drill bra. I could watch that thing spin, and spin, and spin...

Posted

We finished Tiger and Bunny.

My cup of happiness is so full. So. Very. Full.

;-;

Posted

Oh, its a good time to bring up a video I just found then. :'D

I love this trailer way too much.

"BUZZ, LOOK. AN ALIEN." X'D

Posted

Posted

Guys, One Piece is amazing! (but like any long series the manga is better because of the lack of fillers.)

Every piece of info from the beginning of the story to currently is important and relevant. Its such amazing writing.

Posted

i could watch like 50 series in the time it would take for me to get caught up with one piece