Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

This must be what Berserk's manga artist spends his free time doing.

Posted (edited)

DUDE I KNOW DUDE I KNOW DUDE I KNOW

* please do not quote huge posts in their entirety

This may be the greatest thing ever.

Also I know you guys talk about it alot but would you recommend psychopass?

Edit: Apologies. When i'm on my phone its not really pheasible to edit quotes

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

Definitely. One of the best shows of the season, and it constantly makes me think, "Why can't American crime dramas be this good?"

Posted

hell yes.

oh my gawd pheo, that beserk comic i just. i couldnt stop laughing. like, some sort of snicker-giggle of "guts would WRECK madoka JUST LIKE THAT". hes like some sort of cheat code to bypass the entire anime. "no, were not having character death angst, were not dealing with the contract creature, and mami, is not going to lose. that. hat."

Posted

Cool I was thinking about catching up on it and Jojo, and I think one other thing but I can't remember. Oh well. On a different note, I'm doing that thing where I start watching something in my backlog of anime, change my mind, pick something else, and then don't get much of anything done. This is very frustrating.

Posted

I'm doing that thing where I start watching something in my backlog of anime, change my mind, pick something else, and then don't get much of anything done. This is very frustrating.

Story of my life. Except it's more like I download all this anime and I'm like "So much to choose from" and "Man, I want to watch this so I shouldn't watch anything else" and then nothing gets watched. Nothing.

: /

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I think I've started too many finished shows that I should actually start finishing up what I've started. Probably Kaiji first, then Samurai Champloo, then Accel World, then Mushishi, then Ouran High School Host Club. Since those are all ones I've started at least a bit. Listed from most to least episodes of it watched.

Like I think I said at some time before, Kaiji feels like Liar Game + JoJo merged together. Manly intenseness of JoJo, with the high stakes and clever planning of Liar Game. Though I've only watched the first part of Kaiji. He's just about to give in and go into the second game. Difference in stakes with Liar Game and Kaiji is that Kaiji's debt seems miniscule compared. At 6.7 million (or something?) against Liar Game debts of 100s of millions. Both are still really high of course though. And Liar Game having a lot more psychology and seeming a lot more difficult in the games they're made to play. 

I feel like I talked about this before. Serious deja vu.

Anyway yeah, that's the plan for how I'm going to deal with my backlog. Of finished series anyway. One Piece can continue to be on hold for now, since I'm still on break after the Skypiea arc.

Posted

Well what i've been trying to do is watch an anime then watch a ttoku series. I'm on toku now, a show called Kamen rider kuuga. Its interesting but it follows a very stringent 2 episode arc formula. The only long storylines are some background stuff. Its good but its hard to marathon.

Posted

Necropolis, you should watch Starry Sky. It seems like the perfect show for you.

Posted

Tell you what i'll finish HHD then you finish the movies, then we'll make a new deal possibly involving this starry sky.

Posted

That was a joke.

No one should ever watch Starry Sky.

Posted (edited)

Ah.

Your joke

My head.

But my offer stands.

Except with good anime.

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

You could watch the first four episodes of Starry Sky and that would be sufficient in understanding.

Posted

I just got my copy of the first volume of the original Shin Sekai Yori novels. I liked the anime enough that I've been wanting to look at the books and I figured it was a good opportunity to practice my Japanese reading.

Posted

I've decided to finally finish Trigun. I have a nasty habit of losing interest in things and forgetting to finish them. Skyward Sword for example.

pheonix561 likes this