PETA

59 posts in this topic

Posted

some monasteries are vegan. i think ive been to one. but it wasnt so extreme as limiting shampoo, it was more like eat-veggies-and-try-not-to-step-on-bugs, but even then, wasnt as extreme as categories can get. and their beliefs stem from the whole reincarnation thing--that everything was once human and such.

i can see both opinions, but i dont think comparing arachnophobics to homicidal people isnt quite the same.

Posted

And honestly, Sayuri, I don't believe that when the time came to kill your class mate, you'd actually be able to do that. Everyone has sadistic thoughts, big deal. I personally believe that YOU don't have the will to kill outside of self defense or maybe military stuff. I don't think YOU would kill outta desire. And that's a good thing. :>

i can see both opinions, but i dont think comparing arachnophobics to homicidal people isnt quite the same.

EXACTLY! you can't compare them! People will freely kill animals but few people would freely kill other people.

And ps again- Thanks, Chimetales. I haven't found such an engaging conversation on Hnet in a while. At least one I enjoyed as much. I really love discussing things with you guys and I haven't done it in such a long time.

*a sing tear of joy*

Posted

Hey, did you know I almost did hit someone with a book? A really big book? Did you know that out of all the people in the world, I hated half of them? DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID AND PATHETIC HUMANS REALLY ARE?! AND TO CALL another living organism property is just plain arrogance.

Do you honestly believe... that I wouldn't kill someone for the pure joy of never having to see them alive again?

Maybe you call that criminal but I call that self-preservation because at some point in time...it was either I killed them or I killed my self. And you know what? At that same point in time an animal was more comfort to me than any other human would be.

You're smiling now but I am in fact crying.

Posted

Do you honestly believe... that I wouldn't kill someone for the pure joy of never having to see them alive again?

Yes, I honestly believe that. Because I have faith that you are a better person than that.

Posted

BECAUSE SPIDERS ARE SCARY AND GROSS AND HAVE EIGHT LEGS AND ARE POISONOUS AND I DON'T LIKE THEM

See like, I read this and I know this is exactly how cascade reacts to this issue, and then I remember what she thinks of babies. And now I really really don't want cascade to come to my house anymore, because there is a baby there.

Posted

:< why do you hate meeee

It's not like if a baby enters my range of vision I'll fly into a rage and immediately strangle it GOSH. Just, don't let it touch me okay.

I've never understood why vegans get so much scorn from people. Like, I understand thinking PETA are cunts because they are p. insane I can't lie, but, they're not representative of all vegans aaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh. Seriously, I'm sure the majority are just people trying to get on their lives just accept their lifestyle okay.

I can't ever agree with calling animals "lower life-forms" I'm sorry, creepily enough, we're also animals!!! Gasp shock horror. We're just built differently. That's my view. Animals are p. equal to me I'd say. Doesn't stop me from eating them though, I suppose... though the idea of becoming a vegetarian (note: vegetarian not vegan) is extremely appealing sometimes... But, ugh, property? That's really creepy sounding I'M SORRY :< That word should only be used to describe inanimate objects and shit, ffff yet another pet peeve.

SAYURI WHY CAN'T I GIVE YOU SOME CAKE ;;

Posted

Guess who almost got banned from hnet because her sister walked in on her crying?

Yes, I honestly believe that. Because I have faith that you are a better person than that.

Your beliefs are unfounded especially since you don't really know me.

Posted

We are not animals. Feel free to think of yourself that way, but you aren't giving yourself any credit.

Animals have no consequences for their actions; they act and react purely on instinct. Human beings have a Moral Code apart from our instincts which we can choose to obey or disobey.

Animals should be well cared for and certainly not mistreated. You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his pet; something totally reliant on him. But animals don't have rights, and shouldn't be given any. I've never had an animal ask for any rights anyway.

Posted

If a human asks for rights, do they have any rights to begin with?

Posted

A human knows they should have rights. An animal does not.

Posted

A human knows they should have rights. An animal does not.

A human feels they should have rights. Are rights really something that are given to humans or something that humans intrinsically have or did we decide from out of nowhere that we deserve these things? How do we KNOW that we deserve rights when nothing else does?

Posted

I'm not sure how much animal rights should extend, but a domesticated animal is dependent on its owner. Abusing said animal is akin to abusing a child, in my eyes. Maybe not quite as bad, but a man who abuses his dog might move on to hurt other human beings.

I think we should be respectful of other life on the planet. I'm not saying we shouldn't eat meat, but there's a balance to everything. It's a shame that groups like PETA give a bad name to other people who are concerned about the treatment of animals, because it halts discussion on such topics.

Posted

Sayuri, I really love how you are making me out to look like a terrible guy who makes girls cry simply because I disagree with you. Both on the subject and on my faith in your humanity. I mean, gosh, I feel like saying you aren't a homicidal maniac is a compliment or something, not a bad thing. I mean, gosh.

Posted

Like you need someone's help to look like an asshole

How many times have you returned to make peace with everyone here, exactly

Posted

Sayuri, I really love how you are making me out to look like a terrible guy who makes girls cry simply because I disagree with you. Both on the subject and on my faith in your humanity. I mean, gosh, I feel like saying you aren't a homicidal maniac is a compliment or something, not a bad thing. I mean, gosh.

its more of she really hates all the people she had to deal with in her childhood, and youre giving her flashbacks as she really was homicidal-holding-it-in.

also, i get more offended by harm/killing of animals than of people. if an animal gets shot nonchalantly in a movie, i get pissed. a human? nothing. same goes for every other kind of death. you tell me someone beat and killed a cat, and ill feel horrible. same thing for a human, and its like "well damn." and i have no real emotional change.

i have no issues with eating meat, as ive never seen an animal alive, and then eaten that exact animal immediately afterwards. eg, i can eat a buffalo burger while watching buffalo out a train window, and still find the burger delicious, but i couldnt pick out a lobster from a tank to eat for dinner. i also cant eat anything i have at home as a pet with a personality, aka anything i have an attachment to.

every last one of my animals has a personality, and just cuz theyre too stupid to have a concept of "rights" doesnt mean they dont deserve some basic ones imo, like food/water/shelter/the right not to get killed because they didnt find a home in a couple weeks...i respect my pets, i dont just "care for them".