PETA

59 posts in this topic

Posted

The only animals that I respect are horses. Like I'll insult my animals all day. Horses are the only exception that I can think of

horse_love.jpg

Posted

Well, humans are kinda classified under the kingdom Animalia... specifically we're mammals? Similar to primates? Remember that biology class? Lol you can't exactly say that we aren't animals. Sure that may be the scientific definition or w/e, but, you didn't specify so lol. We are animals technically.

Then AGAIN we did give ourselves a special little classification group, the homo genus, so idk. Personally, I don't think humans are anything special because we have intelligent thought and can create moral systems and all the like. Just my opinion, though.

Oh and don't even bother with the "not giving yourself credit" are you implying that I somehow look down on myself because I said animals are equal to me in my own personal opinion? Like, just correct me before I assume you are judging me, there.

Posted

Because some scientist classified us as part of the animal kingdom, that makes it true? Quite a lot of faith you place in that.

It's obvious to my own eyes and experiences that animals are not on our level. If they are, WE are the ones that place them there.

Posted

I doubt one or a few scientist(s) composed the entire species classification system all on their lonesomes? I think many years of studying and work went into building it, and I trust that it's mostly accurate. There ARE similarities between other species and humans that you just can't deny. I'm sorry. Based on scientific evidence and observation, you're an animal.

Oh and that isn't me saying that animals act exactly like us and "wear shoes and have debates about many important issues", if you think I'm that stupid. I know humans don't act on instinct and care for consequences etc etc, I know animals don't possess the same amount of intelligence and morals blahhh, but, that doesn't change the fact that on Earth, we're animals. We've just evolved differently, again as I've stated in previous opinion posts. oh no evolution I nearly forgot that is a hot-button topic in America gasp.

I'm not even talking about this on a spiritual/religious level. Purely physical, so don't even rebutt with that.

I honestly feel whenever people use words like "lesser" and "dominated", and all that kind of stuff. It's just because they want to feel special, and more important? idk. It's just how I'm seeing it. Sorry if anyone's been offended by what I've said so far.

Like, I may just be rambling on about nothing, but I get confused when people express shock and kinda, annoyance? when I say I think animals are equal to us? Don't think I'm directing this purely at Hnet, it happens IRL too. I don't know. I think maybe I should stop debating. I feel somewhat bad for dragging this on.

Posted

You state your evolutionary theory like it's a fact or something.

Similarities. Yes. Of course there are similarities. The same artist designed us; we just serve a different function. Whether through God or evolutionary design (which the latter still needs the former, but whatever) we are above animals due to our morality and higher level of intelligence.

Posted

Perhaps we are the best animals, but we are still animals. Just look at all the instincts and habits we share. Whether we were made in God's image or grew from monkies, I think it's safe to say that we are animals in one way or another.

Posted

You state your evolutionary theory like it's a fact or something.

Similarities. Yes. Of course there are similarities. The same artist designed us; we just serve a different function. Whether through God or evolutionary design (which the latter still needs the former, but whatever) we are above animals due to our morality and higher level of intelligence.

Dolphins

They are smarter than us

End of disscussion

Posted

Lol okay Rika.

Posted

Why do humans step in bear traps when exploring the woods?

Posted

Why do animals invent colonies?

Posted

Dolphins

They are smarter than us

End of disscussion

Dolphins.

They are pricks. They are murderous, sex-crazed pricks.

End of discussion.

Or better yet, if dolphins are so much smarter than we are, why haven't they invented underwater pepper-spray so the girl dolphins can avoid being gang-raped by the male dolphins?

Posted

Dolphins.

They are pricks. They are murderous, sex-crazed pricks.

End of discussion.

Same can be said about a lot of humans too, dawg.

Posted

Dolphins don't have the same morals as humans do. It's best not to judge them in accordance to what we think is immoral. Definitely does not mean they're unintelligent and inferior to us. :x

But yeah I remember reading somewhere that Dolphins were officially declared the most intelligent creatures, but second to humans (of course lol!). Still not an argument for saying humans are better. Intelligence =/= superiority. That's a really bad way to look at things.

I'm still not really convinced when people attempt to argue that like, animals can't feel and don't care about anything that isn't survival. No morals blahhhhhh. Hasn't there been countless reports of animals grieving after members of their group die? Death by loneliness? Stuff like that?

But anyways, I think everyone, can agree that being an asshole and abusive to animals is wrong, and even with their differences and lack of morals, they deserve to be treated with respect. I just personally think they're on the same level as me and deserve the respect I give to other humans. Okay? Can we agree to disagree? Okay. I'm bored of this argument now. PETA is sillies etc etc etc.

Posted

Rika Code 12:17 AM

we cannot communicate telepathicly so they are smarter than us

The hell