Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mario Kart 7 thread

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I decided, as suggested, that there should be a Mario Kart 7 thread so people can set up communities and figure out when other people will be on.

I've already set up one community called Hnet Kart, if anyone wants to use it. The code is 02-7960-2696-7976, and it's 150 cc with all items. I can usually be on at about 10:00 Pacific time, but I can make plans.

This thread will likely be buried, but let me know if you're interested.

Posted

Some of the more mature ZD users have their own Mario Kart 7 channel (#MarioKart) I'm not sure how often it's used but maybe do some Hnet Vs. ZD? Is that even possible?

Posted

That sound like fun. I wonder if that's possible with the online modes right now. Maybe with battle...

Btw, I'm getting sick of the Maka Wuhu glitch. It's just unfair to people who want to legitimately play the course.

Posted

Btw, I'm getting sick of the Maka Wuhu glitch. It's just unfair to people who want to legitimately play the course.

This this this this this. The most dickish thing. And then there are the people who choose Maka Wuhu over and over again just to use it dshfalfkjdhasdfjh

What I usually do is not use the glitch the first time around and try to see how many people do use it. If more than half used it, then the next time around I will.

It's like they think they're better because they know about it, but everyone knows about it so?????????????????????

Also, my DS Triple has a hard time with internet here, but I can try to konnect every now and then

Posted

I don't begrudge the people that do use it, due to Nash equilibria and such. It's there, and if you don't use it there's no guarantee that anybody else will do the same.

I wish my uni didn't have such shitty wifi so I could join in.

Posted

I don't begrudge the people that do use it, due to Nash equilibria and such. It's there, and if you don't use it there's no guarantee that anybody else will do the same.

I didn't even realize before that I was utilizing a Pupper-for-tat strategy until you brought up Nash equilibria

oh lol pupper-for-tat

censors don't know bout game theory

Posted

Yeah, Pupper-for-tat is pretty funny when censored.

I think there are non-Maka Wuhu communities, or ones where using the glitch is discouraged. It sounds like Nintendo isn't going to do anything about it, since I guess patching or taking it out of newer cartridges would alienate people and be unfair.

Posted

Well, I'd gladly participate in this :> I'll get around to joining the group ASAP

I should be free around 1pm-8pm Central Time during the week, and mostly anytime at the weekend lol.

also lol Hnet vs ZD pls no more

Posted

I'M HOME FOR A WEEK, WHICH MEANS I WILL BE RARING AND READY FOR KART CHALLENGES

a.k.a. "Mario and Musketeers Go for the Gold"

a.k.a. "Mario and Comrades Burst for First"

a.k.a. "Mario and Friends Burn Some Rubber"

a.k.a. "Mario and the Kart Gang Fly to the Finish"