Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fire Emblem, in General

136 posts in this topic

Posted

New FE looks pretty spiffy! I heard that FE:A was supposed to be the last game or something? (But it was so popular that they decided to make this one?) I like FE:A pretty well but for whatever reason, this one is exciting me more.

Posted

FE:A was sort of a Final Fantasy 1 Deal. They thought it was going to be their last game ever so they went all out and try all sorts of new stuff. But then it turned out that Fire Emblem Awakening is more or less the best 3ds game and things changed, and the series was saved

Posted

I have been reading through my extensive library of support conversations (which is nearly 100% complete, minus a few template conversations, like how if lucina has a sibling their support always follows the same basic structure, no matter who the sibling is)

Awakening has REALLY good support conversations, and characters overall

Like, this game has better support conversations than any fire emblem I have played

And believe me. I always unlock ALL of the support conversations. The fact that this beats Sacred Stones, which has Dozla, otherwise known as the best support fodder ever, is amazing

Posted

comic394_zpse5fdkmhu.png

This week's AZ comic reminded me that Path of Radiance uses recolors of your more bland looking units for its enemy models. Since Rolf and Tormod are used for the archers and mages, you kind of get this weird situation where Daein recruits nothing but young boys for its divisions of ranged attackers and then you pretty much get to slaughter all of them. Yay!

Posted

I like the look on Mia's face in that comic

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

There was apparently a 4Koma of Fire Emblem Awakening. It is hit and miss like 4komas usually are but these two were probably my favorites

55translate.jpg

Posted

Crap the image link broke. Whatever it was silly. If you guys haven't seen the announcement about the new game yet, you should check it out. It is in the Nintendo Direct and shit is pretty crazy. I would 100% side with the Nohr first run through the game

Posted

I have actually always wanted a fire emblem game where two nations are at war and you pick a side and that's the campaign. Like, always. Absolutely 110% siding with the Nohrs first chance I get.

Posted

It seems like you don't even become a dick suddenly. It is one of those things where you resolve to fix the crazy nation from the inside, which sounds great. Leading a revolution and all that

Posted

Mhm. Just watched the video, and I didn't realize it but they actually honestly went with a black and white motif. I'm calling it right now. Right here and right now. It's April 1st 2015 and I want everyone to remember this post for when it's relevant:

The final boss of the game is going to have one black wing and one white wing. And when it's out, I'm going to roll my eyes so hard and just completely disregard all of the story telling that was happening, no matter how good or bad I thought it was.

Posted

Oh also. Remember how There was a shin megami tensei/fire emblem crossover announced? And then nothing ever came of it? Well apparently something is actually coming of it after all:

Posted

Oh, so instead of a Fire Emblem style game, It is a Shin Megami Tensei style game where I guess everyone gets Fire Emblem style classes. Thats cool.

Or so I would say if the outfits didn't look really stupid. I mean, most of the annoyances are targeted at the heroine.

Now, having said that, it appears that the pegasus knights will fly on ROBOT ROCKET PEGASI. so i guess that is puppying RAD AS SHIT

Posted

tumblr_inline_nm8zzqQdNp1r561t7_540.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Yeah, Fire Emblem is definitely moving towards the "wider appeal" audience. For better or for worse, it shows.