The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

As Marvel's no-holds-barred slugfest Avengers vs X-Men comes to a close the next big comic event is upon us. This Means War will feature our favorite heroes getting into some very sticky situations. Teaser images have recently surfaced showing some very dire scenes.

2434523-thisiswar_spiderman_super.jpeg

2431990-thisiswar_ironman_super.jpeg

2427960-thisiswar_captamerica_super.jpeg

what can these omages mean for our favorite Marvels? Only time will tell.

Posted

Sorry True Believers, no update today super busy. Come back tomorrow for two, count em two pieces of Spidey art plus an extra special announcement.

Posted

It's here True seekers. The first bit o art comes from Independant Artist John Watkins-Chow.

jwc-spiderman-02.jpg

and the second comes from yours truly.

8130_1217731693579_6276589_n.jpg

Now for the news. It seems Disney wants in on the Marvel Superteam movie antics. They've optioned to produce an animated feature based on fairly obscure Super Team "Big Hero 6". The Asian influenced super team works for the Japanese Government taking care of Godzilla style Kanji. They've recently been seen in a "One Shot" issue helping Spidey deal with Doc Ock's plan during The "Ends of the Earth" storyline.

bighero6-thumb-550x653-94869.jpg

Posted

I have no idea what big hero six is or why disney wants to make a movie about it or why everyone has been feeling the need to make super hero movies(especially ones that already exist, no new material anyone?), but I think I'm okay with them choosing something like this to do. Every time I see a super hero it always feels like its the exact same hero I saw already once before and he just got some new clothes thrown on him. Everyone just wears these skintight clothes with different colors depending on who they are. It never makes sense to me and is a part of why I never really got into superhero comics. These guys don't exactly look like that though. Even though the girl's armor isn't even protecting her boobs.

Posted

So you would recommend Kick-ass? If it's that good I'll look into it.

Posted

Kick-Ass is very good. So is Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

Posted

So I just had a realization. A while back, before the Avengers hit theaters, I mentioned that they filmed a scene at NASA Plum Brook, which is in my hometown. I mentioned that Samuel L. Jackson was there to film that scene at the beginning of the film (in the big room with the Tesseract), yet somehow I forgot about the other characters that were in that scene.

So here's a list.

Marvel Characters that have visited my hometown:

1. Nick Fury

2. Hawkeye

3. Loki

4. Agent Coulson

5. Agent Maria Hill

Yeah.

Posted

You forgot S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Maria Hill.

Posted

fixed

Posted

They could not have found a better actress than Cobie Smulders!

HILL.jpg

Posted

She has a small face.

You must find fault with everything. I think she's an adorable Goddess!

cobie_smulders_colbie_smulders_maxim_dec_2010_rx06yPi.sized.jpg

Today's bit of Spidey comes from the pen of Marvel's Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada himself.

4e9c858e07dd1.jpg

Posted

I like to think that he spent a good ten minutes trying to untangle himself from that mess.

Like, "Okay, I just need to pull my arm out of this part, okay now just twist to the right a little, wait, no, shit now I more stuck than before!"

Posted

SH*T! I took tomorrow off so I could see The Amazing Spider-Man's Midnight screening tonight, but my Boss just called me and asked me to fill in for a Supervisor. Looks like Spidey'll have to wait til Sunday, on the plus side I'll get double time for breaking a Vacation Day.

*$CHA-CING$*

Posted

It's here true believers, July 3rd and The Amazing Spider-Man is in theaters now. Hopefully this will erase the sight of tapdancing Spider-Man (Spider-Man 3) from my mind.

To celebrate the day the final Spidey art post belongs to non other than the most celebrated comic artist of all time, Jack "King" Kirby.

kirby+spider-man+marvel+comics+silver+bronze+age+pencils+art+sketch.gif

Posted

It's here true believers, July 3rd and The Amazing Spider-Man is in theaters now. Hopefully this will erase the sight of tapdancing Spider-Man (Spider-Man 3) from my mind.

YOU WILL NEVER BE FREE, SUTEKH.

YOU WILL NEVER BE FREE.