The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh Cool, I didn't know you could play it online!

I haven't played that game in years.

Posted

It's time once again for:

The MMMS Digital Comics Giveaway:

Today's code comes from a Comic I've been waiting for for six months....

Spider-Men #1:

ATMC1Y6Y909J

Posted

LOOK OUT!!!!!

It's the Marvel Obscure Character Spotlight!

Today I bring you...

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl aka Doreen Green is a human mutant with the power to communicate and control Squirrels. In addition, she has enhanced sight, hearing and smell. Has agility and reflexes that match Spider-Man's as well as increased strength and a Squirrel like tail. Among the Obscure set she's one that actually should get more recognition from Marvel. She currently works for Jessica drew and Luke Cage as nanny to their daughter Danielle Cage.

Posted

Has a squirrel tail

Yeah they just wanted a cat girl who wasn't a cat girl

Posted

Listen up True Believers, this is a call to action!

Last week comics writer Robert L. Washington III passed away at the age of 47. He died in Financial trouble and lack of family could mean Washington ends up buried in an unmarked grave, but friends and fans are working to change that, and you can help.

The fundraising effort is running through the Hero Initiative, a charity devoted to helping comics creators in need that frequently lent Washington a hand in recent years. To donate to Washington's funeral fund, just head over to the Hero Initiative, click their "Donate" button, and select "add special instructions to seller" when you make your donation. Type "Robert Washington" in the special instructions box to make sure the money goes to the funeral fund.

http://heroinitiative.org/

post-4364-0-44633800-1340144107_thumb.jp

Posted

With The Amazing Spider-Man movie a week away I thought I'd count down the down the days by showcasing my favorite Spider-Man drawings (some drawn by yours truly).

This one was drawn by me and is called "Hanging Spidey".

38635_1510729698346_5663939_n.jpg

Posted

Pretty good stuff, bro. Was that drawn freehand, or did you use a reference, or what?

Posted

Pretty good stuff, bro. Was that drawn freehand, or did you use a reference, or what?

Freehand, always freehand.

todays pic comes from Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.

todd_mcfarlane__s_spider_man_by_inkwell3-d17exc2.jpg

P.S I have this iconic issue.

Posted

Some Marvel news to share today folks.

But first up, here's a Spidey pic by World Renouned Artist John Romita Sr.

Spidey.jpg

For our next bit o news it seems that Marvel and Disney are amping up production on a feature film based on "The Guardians" comics. Recently seen in the "Michael Korvac" episode of "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of Alien Peacekeepers who protect all sentient species in the Galaxy. It is unclear which team the movie will focus on, but seeing as the Modern version was just shown in Avengers toon, it's a good bet that Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Star-Lord, Adam Warlock and Quasar will show up.

0220_guardiansgalaxy.jpg

and lastly it seems that The Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man toons will be crossing over in "Along Came a Spider..." the 13th episode of The Avengers as Captain America tries to earn back the trust of the public following his replacement by the Skrull. He teams up with equally hated Superhero Spider-Man to fight The Serpent Society. Drake Bell (Drake & Josh, Ultimate Spider-man) guest voices Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

1065186022.jpg

Posted

Today's Spidey art belongs to Mark Bagley, a gifted artist and personal "friend (on Facebook)".

mark-bagley-spiderman.jpg

Posted

todays Spidey art piece belongs to Johyn Romita Junior, the son of former Spidey artist John Romita.

Spiderman%20Romita%20Jr-CAF.jpg

Posted

So did any of you watch it, and was it good

Posted

The Amazing Spider-Man? It's not out yet, will be released July 3rd. I'll post a spoiler-free review after I see it.

Posted

Oh, I thought it was supposed to come out yesterday herpa derpa