College Woes

152 posts in this topic

Posted

That's unfortunately coincidental that its always moving away. D:

/pats pheo 

Posted

BWUUUUUUUUH

EDIT: I have only just stopped to consider the possibility they were all lying and only moved so they could get as far away from me as possible

Posted

Yeah I was talking about what my date plan was afterwards with some friends, which was just "buy pizza and meet this girl at the art building and eat and talk and get to know each other and thats literally all." And they were like "aw thats cute" but I pretty much just got lucky because I honestly couldn't and still cannot think of anything better to do for a date, let alone a first date.

Posted

There's no good plan. It depends on the girl, and since it's the first date, you don't know enough about her to know what she likes.

A (relatively) safe bet is to take her out to a fairly pricey restaurant, where you can both talk and quiz each other. That can get REALLY awkward, though, if she's a quiet person. 

If she seems like an outdoorsy type, take her to a park, a lake, or somewhere close to water and eat something like a pizza there. 

Avoid movies unless you're confident that you can make a few advances (arm around her, holding hands, possibly kissing). Movies don't leave any room for conversation and are incredibly awkward if she rejects your advances. I've been on both ends of that spectrum, and let me tell you, it is the worst feeling in the world when she rejects you. That girl was a "good" girl, though, so I guess my advice for that is know your audience. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

If only I got dating advice like that in high school >.> It's painful looking back on those train-wrecks. Thankfully I've heard similar things since, but haven't had a chance to try out superior dating technique during these college years. I've had so many other things to do like saying I want a career in art and then not practicing outside of class. Not the best excuse, but I work with what I have.

Posted

I had a first date once where we went to laser tag. Its great - it can be competitive, cooperative, or just a really dark blacklit place with lots of little hidey-holes to go make out in depending on the other person.

Though to be honest I kinda prefer the "we have no money so lets cuddle up and watch anime" kinda dates.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Agreed on the awkward movie thing. I remember going to see Looper with a guy who I kissu'd but realized I didn't really feel something from the kiss. We went to a movie the next week and since there's really no room for conversation, it was the most awkward thing especially because I was feeling like I didn't want in.

I felt really bad, but.. :c

My favorite date was my first back in HS. Summertime, walking through a park near the Lake, buying gilotto and just talking. Unfortunately the relationship didn't get far as the guy wanted out after a fair number of months and in those months we didn't really do anything couply. Too shy. I'm really good friends with him now, though.

But yeah like, gimme something in Uni that gave me that HS first date feeling or something close to that happiness because I feel lonely as dang

Posted

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone who is attracted to you is someone you don't want to date, but the people you're attracted to just don't seem interested?

I can't be the only one.

SilverAlchemic and Eka like this

Posted

I think that's the rule, lol. That's how it is for me, too. Someone not showing interest in you is attractive/challenging.

I had this discussion last night, also. If someone were to like me, then I don't know how I could respect that person

Posted

I think that's the rule, lol. That's how it is for me, too. Someone not showing interest in you is attractive/challenging.

I had this discussion last night, also. If someone were to like me, then I don't know how I could respect that person

What a contemptible point of view...

Posted

Just something I noticed. I don't like it or anything. But when someone is available to me, I can't help but feel that I have gotten all I will get from them and that there's nothing to work towards. I didn't mean it in a mean way or in a self-deprecating way

Posted

Just something I noticed. I don't like it or anything. But when someone is available to me, I can't help but feel that I have gotten all I will get from them and that there's nothing to work towards. I didn't mean it in a mean way or in a self-deprecating way

Well believe me pal, I'll never be available to someone who thinks like that. So try all you like, you can't get me.

But really I don't think that's bad. I can't rightly say I get what you mean, because I don't really want anybody, but yeah. Maybe you're like that Nadeko chick from Monogatari, where maybe you just feel deep down that if you got to that point with someone where you can be together, you wouldn't know what to do, and so to avoid that outcome you focus on people who are difficult to get. But that's a pretty wrapped up TV character analysis that seems unrealistic and overly dramatic for everyday people. 

But yeah I dunno. Everything I know about that kind of junk comes from TV.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

My favorite first date was going to an improv theater in Atlanta. amateur pro actors, but god it was funny and enjoyable. then we got ice cream afterwards and it was just cute and fun.

but normally, since I have little moneys, boyfriend and I will hit up this super cheap sushi place. or we go to a movie on stimulus tuesdays during the afternoon, so the tickets are cheap and so is food. if we have fun nights when we're not exhausted from work or school, then we'll drink beer and play vidya or watch a tv series until late into the night. I am all about that low maintenance quality time. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I've discovered that I attract a fairly consistent personality type :|