POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

charizard tries to hit magikarp after getting hit by sand attack 6 times.gif

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Wow its been a whole 5 days since anyone posted

Update patch 1.2 is out, you should all probably get that before PokeBank and PokeTransfer are released

Posted

go, my favorite pokemon!

yeah i should probably get online and do that and stuff.

Posted

Hey somebody help me understand what happened in this video. Like what final gambit is or why that shedinja is invincible. I'm looking at you Knuckle and LL. You guys know this stuff. Help me.

Posted

Final gambit causes the user to faint; in return you do damage equal to your current HP. It's a lot like explosion but with set damage.

Shedinja is invincible because the ferrothorn used worry seed on it (gives it insomnia) so that it can skill swap with carbink to get sturdy (Shedinja's normal ability, wonder guard, makes skill swap fail). Because Shedinja has a max HP of 1 and Sturdy will let a pokemon survive any attack with at least 1 HP if it is at full HP when attacked, he is invincible with sturdy. (Shedinja is always at 1 HP and Max HP simultaneously, so the game just makes him virtually invincible).

Posted

THIS IS A THING AND NO ONE TOLD ME?!?!?!?!

i imagine hitting shedinja with poison or burn or curse or the like will get around sturdy though

Posted

I imagine that's the reason why he Paralyzed it as soon as he could. Spikes and the like could probably still get through or weather, but the opponent didn't seem to have either. I feel like Whirlwind or something like that would help in bringing the God back to normal as well.

Posted

I dont feel bad for the opponent given their use of legendaries

Posted

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I also thought it was hilarious how he put False Swipe on Shedinja to make sure he killed his opponent with 1 HP when he used Final Gambit. It was perfect, like saying "This is how my Shedinja dies: by my hands, defeating your final Pokemon, and on the final turn."

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I've been coming up with a bunch of different kinds of strategies to make the main game more interesting. I taught a Volbeat Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Double Team, and Attract. It has no offensive moves; this entirely counts on the opponent being confused to death and being unable to attack my Volbeat.

But you know, the darndest thing. I confused, paralyzed, and attracted my opponent, raised my evasiveness three stages, and they still managed to nail me with a move that has no special effect. :/ I was kinda' mad, 'cause there was such a big level difference, that if I pulled it off, I was counting on Volbeat's level raising at least three times. The great thing about the strategy is that if I can get an Attract or Confuse Ray off, then I have a chance of beating the opponent's Pokemon regardless of level difference, since I make the opponent hit himself.

Posted

if you are going for a build like that, i would say swagger is the better option, it confuses the opponent and sharply raises their attack, so when they hurt themselves in confusion its for a lot more damage

Posted

Yeah, but I don't have a Swagger TM or anything, otherwise I would. Though its accuracy is 90 whereas Confuse Ray is 100, which can be a fatal difference if I mess up. Incidentally, I found out that for some reason, if you use a multi-stage move like Dig, and it fails, then poison damage doesn't go through (for some reason) and any Bind/Wrap-like attacks stop working. It was either that or Light Screen. Point is, some weird thing made it so Toxic damage didn't go through for multiple turns. It made me kind of mad.

EDIT: OK, nvm, it was just a Sigilyph's Magic Guard. It just didn't bother to tell me.

Oh right. Whenever I double battled against Team Flare with my rival, I KO'd his Pokemon myself. It was kind of funny. The game didn't take mention of it.

Posted

There are teams using tactics sorta like that; they usually feature something with very high defense like Shuckle, and just use toxic on the opponent and stall them to death.

Also, Pheo posted that Killer Nacho video and I just wanted to say that guy is gooooooood at pokemon (casual and competitive).