POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

The chance of it happening goes up the more your Pokedex is filled.

Posted

that makes sense. Cause even when i dont get a crit, i still get the capture like 90% of the time.

I caught Xerneas with my second ball, a premier ball. 

Posted

Smogon has banned Mega Gengar in the metagame.

Posted

yeah I knew about that, its quite understandable since he is op as shit

Posted

I sent Yvetal to wondertrade. Someone in Japan was really confused probably. Amazing (well, not really) the amount of crap you get out of wondertrade though. I actually made a separate PC box for crap I got through wondertrade but don't feel scummy enough to send back through it, named "Wondertrash". I just get eggs, hatch them, send them in. Lickitungs, Eevees and Chubchoos so far. I think I might actually just send in tons of those new chromatic butterfly things for the sake of the fact that I get UK unique patterning and some people might think that's cool. I get crap in return though, mostly. Sometimes good stuff, but mostly crap. 

I'm keeping my Korean Honedge though because it's kind of cool that it has a name, yet I can't call it by it's name because I don't read Korean. It's like it's an ancient sword and we have a mental connection without need for names. My Korean Honedge is my new bro for life.

T1g likes this

Posted

ive got a lot of goodies out of Wonder trading. Some Froakies, a Chespin i think, A few Eevees, a Ralts... A lot of others but i think those were the best imo.

Also just got a Gligar and an Aipom over wonder trade. <3

edit, one of the froakie i got has Protean as it's ability holla!

Posted

tumblr_mzh5vuqCxL1qft31ko7_500.jpg

Diantha's still kinda a bitch in my book...

Posted

I got two Charmanders and two Froakies quite quickly into it. And a Camerupt which surprised me. I sent that one back though because I like sending good stuff, as I said. I once sent a lvl 1 Eevee and got a lvl 1 Eevee in return and that was funny as heck.

Got a Bagon the other day too which caught me by surprise a little.

Diantha's a bitch because she's difficult or because you just don't like her? I found the only problem I had in the Pokemon League was that Gyarados the water guy had. And by trouble I mean it wasn't a 1-hit KO like everything else. I made my team pretty well to try and cover as many types as I could so that I can just storm anybody I run up against. Not lost a battle in-game, though this one random battle I got from someone online totally trashed me because he had a really good team and I was training up weak Pokemon and had only two of my main lot on hand. Poor lvl 12 Deino got wrecked. I'd hoped that they would level them up to 50 as well as down to account for that.

And for the record, my third safari Pokemon is Sliggoo. Alongside Gabite and Shelgon. 

My team is, from most to least favored:

Chevre the Gogoat (lvl. 81)

Orrr the Pangoro (lvl. 83)

Madine the Scolipede (lvl. 51)

Thorikto the Blastoise (lvl. 80)

Moqorro the Delphox (lvl. 80)

Qatar the Pidgeot (lvl. 81)

plus Jel the Goodra (lvl. 66) who I retired when I taught Blastoise Ice Beam, making him my go-to defense against dragon-types. Dragon type is a joke when you're building your team only considering weaknesses and strengths.

Going to just whitter on to myself here about weaknesses and what moves I have to deal with any type. Mostly for my own sake because I haven't sat down to do this yet.

Pangoro: Fighting Dark type

Moves: Dark, Fighting, Dragon

Blastoise: Water type

Moves: Water, Ice

Delphox: Fire Psychic type

Moves: Fire, Psychic, Ghost

Gogoat: Grass type

Moves: Normal, Grass, Ground, Flying

Scolipede: Bug Poison type

Moves: Rock, Poison, Normal

Pigeot: Flying Normal

Moves: Flying, Dragon

Against Normal:

Pangoro with Fighting moves

Against Fire:

Blastoise with Water moves

Gogoat and Scolipede are weak to fire, so they shouldn't be brought out to use their Ground and Rock moves.

Against Water:

Gogoat with Grass move

Against Electric:

Gogoat with Ground move

Against Grass:

Delphox with Fire moves

Scolipede with Poison moves

Pigeot with Flying moves

Gogoat with Flying move

Blastoise is weak to Grass, so can't use Ice move

Against Ice:

Delphox with Fire moves

Scolipede with Rock move

Against Fighting:

Delphox with Psychic move

Pigeot with Flying move

Gogoat with Flying move

Against Poison:

Delphox with Psychic move

Gogoat is weak to Poison, so can't use Ground move

Against Ground:

Blastoise with Water and Ice moves

Gogoat with Grass moves

Against Flying:

Blastoise with Ice move

Scolipede weak to Flying, so can't use Rock move

Against Psychic:

Delphox with Ghost move

Pangoro weak to Psychic, so can't use Dark move

Against Bug:

Delphox with Fire move

Pigeot with Flying moves

Scolipede with Rock move

Gogoat weak to Bug, so can't use Flying move

Against Rock:

Blastoise with Water moves

Gogoat with Grass and Ground moves

Against Ghost:

Pangoro with Dark move

Delphox weak to Ghost, so can't use Ghost move

Against Dragon:

Blastoise with Ice move

Pangoro with Dragon move

Pigeot with (rubbish) Dragon move (Twister)

Against Dark:

Against Steel:

Delphox with Fire moves

Gogoat with Ground move

Against Fairy:

Scolipede with Poison moves

So fairy might be my biggest oversight. But otherwise I have most bases covered. It'll just be the multi-type Pokemon and those with moves outside of their type that I would need to watch out for, but I've got a pretty good spread of talents.

Posted

I've decided my favorite Pokemon is Sylveon. Make of that what you will.

Posted

I could write novels on that, Silver. Very telling.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

As was my intention.

Posted

I got two Charmanders and two Froakies quite quickly into it. And a Camerupt which surprised me. I sent that one back though because I like sending good stuff, as I said. I once sent a lvl 1 Eevee and got a lvl 1 Eevee in return and that was funny as heck.

Got a Bagon the other day too which caught me by surprise a little.

Diantha's a bitch because she's difficult or because you just don't like her? I found the only problem I had in the Pokemon League was that Gyarados the water guy had. And by trouble I mean it wasn't a 1-hit KO like everything else. I made my team pretty well to try and cover as many types as I could so that I can just storm anybody I run up against. Not lost a battle in-game, though this one random battle I got from someone online totally trashed me because he had a really good team and I was training up weak Pokemon and had only two of my main lot on hand. Poor lvl 12 Deino got wrecked. I'd hoped that they would level them up to 50 as well as down to account for that.

And for the record, my third safari Pokemon is Sliggoo. Alongside Gabite and Shelgon. 

Yeah Wondertrade is great. I also think my favorite pokemon is either Scoliopede, Gliscor, or Drapion. All of which need mega evolution love. I really have a thing for Poison type pokemon. And Bugs. Ice would be my 3rd favorite type. It's funny cause of my 3 best friends, 2 of them have 3DSes. Our Friend Safaris are Poison (myself), Bug (best friend (although a shitty bug safari so far)) and Ice (other friend) haha. 

Diantha is a bitch because she is really condescending towards the player. Also it's implied (or canon) that she is dating Sycamore, which is a no-no because I am dating Sycamore. Haha. But yeah her personality is slightly cuntish. 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

She's a movie star and champion. She can be however she wants.

PrimaGaga and T1g like this

Posted

Yeah and I hear terrible personalities are in style nowadays