POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

chansey with toxic and softboiled and eviolite is more of the dick move, although I can easily counter it with Mega Gengar

Posted

Toxic Shuckle is a classic, especially combined with Sandstorm.

There's also Heal Block.

Pictured: A Blissey who has been Heal Blocked.

493px-Mars_Bronzor_Heal_Block_Adventures

it's as if its reason for living has been taken away

Teto, SilverAlchemic and T1g like this

Posted

Chip damage is really popular. Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, etc.

Saha, maybe you'd like Togekiss. Serene Grace increases the likelihood that chance-based effects will happen. So Togekiss usesThunder Wave to paralyze, then Air Slash to flinch the opponent. The opponent is lucky if they even get to move.

Posted

I was actually noting Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin. Clamp and other moves like it actually work when you're Digging, so I have a Barbaracle with Toxic, Clamp, and Dig, holding a Rocky Helmet. It's nearly as devastating as just using powerful attacks. The Togekiss thing sounds hilarious and completely frustrating, so I might look into it.

ALSO

hNKDcJK.png

AHA

HAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ULTIMATE POWER

Posted

Just started a pokemon hardmode run on an emulator for emerald I just downloaded. I've got a Treecko named "L.Legendry," a Poochyena named "Cirtothiel," and a wingull named "Ganny333." Lets hope my saves don't corrupt because apparently mac visualboy advance can't savestate or something???

EDIT: HAHA YEAH VISUALBOY ADVANCE CAN'T SAVE ON MAVERICK OS GUESS I'M NOT ACTUALLY DOING A HARDMODE RUN NEVERMIND

Posted

I thought that I used it when I used a macbook? The Treecko sounds tight as hell

Posted

He could have been, man, he could have been. I know there's a few videos showing patches for visualboy advance after maverick was released, they didn't work the first time I tried them but I can go back and try again I guess. It didn't work out for me the first time but I'm gonna try it again. Apparently Visualboy hasn't actually been touched by whoever first made it in a long time, so. Google tells me there really aren't any good GBA emulators for mac. Getting VBA to work is my best bet.

Posted

I thought you just saved the states with like shift, apple key whatever and f1, f2, etc.

Posted

I couldn't figure out how to get that to work with vba mac. For some reason there just isn't a savestate option under the file menu here? Anyways, I found a video explaining how to get it to work, and it's working now, so I can resume this hardmode run for like the third time. Except, I just got my treecko again and it's a girl this time, so it's not named L.Legendry. It's Cirtothiel. I'll find something else to name L.Legendry soon.

VD3h1bY.png

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

T1g and Knuckle like this

Posted

I sped run Ruby, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Black(i was missing Zekrom, but decided it would be a waste to not catch all of the legendaries in that game as well) to catch legendaries to transfer to X and Y, but the thing is for Ruby, I actually was doing a Nuzlocke run, and if I lost, I would just keep playing anyway.

I did lose the Ruby run fairly early, being new to the game, the haphazard level differences between areas and gyms, and completely unexpected, unprepared encounters with the rival did me in.

But that doesn't matter because I caught a Ralts. In a Nuzlocke run. It was the first thing I encountered on the route, I am not making that up.

I am the best

Posted

So now I have a poochyena named Ammonsa, a treecko named Cirtothiel, a shroomish named Sayuri, and a Taillow named Cascade. I keep catching girls. I have no idea why.

Posted

1/(2^1) = 50% gender ratio thats why

except for the Treecko. Its actually like 1/(2^4) = 1/16 to get a female starter

Posted

For whatever reason.

Posted

Just caught yet another female pokemon. Ekamy the Whismur. This is ridiculous. My first five pokemon are all female. This is just weird. I have no idea why this is the case. To the best of my knowledge none of these pokemon are female specific. This is weird.

Sayuri just carried me through the entire rock gym like it was nothing, so now I have to go and catch an HM whore to cut down some stuff. I don't personally count HM Whores as part of the hard runs.

Edit: Aaaaaaand I just got in a fight with May and Ammonsa got KO'd. So Ammonsa the poochyena is dead. But, Cirt just evolved into a grovyle, so that's something??? Just kidding I'm sad.

T1g likes this

Posted

You're welcome.