Embarrassing Family Secrets Revealed

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a secret uncle. I met him once when i was young and havent seen or heard from him since. My mom and her family have not been able to contact him after countless attempts. One day we got a card from him and we went to the return address only to find an empty house. It's weird. He donest wanna be found for some reason.

My mom says I'm just like him though. Beyond the fact that we are both gay, she says i look just like him and have the same mannerism, sense of humor, etc.

Posted

I don't believe that you two are alike. I mean, your family seems to miss him.

Posted

damn LL

Apparently one of my uncles married two other women that I have never met or heard of. I only found this out a year ago.

I guess it makes sense that the failed marriages go unmentioned but I still feel weird having not known I had two ex-relatives 

I have this in my family too. One of my dad's brothers got a divorce from this aunt I knew for the first twelve years of my life. They had two boys, cousins I knew fairly well. After the divorce, I never talked or saw them again (the aunt and the two boys). The older cousin has two daughters and I've never met them, despite them being 6 and 4? They are the first great-grandchildren on my dad's side and no one sees them ever. My uncle got remarried and that was that. It's just sad, having ex relatives like that. 

Posted

Looking at my family tree, one pair of my great-great-somenumberofgreats-grandparents were also cousins. I don't remember exactly if it was first, second, third, etc. cousins.

Posted

This is less embarrassing and more "interesting to know" but: my aunt (who i always thought was my mum's youngest sister) is actually my mum's oldest sister's child, who she had when she was 16. Nobody knows who the real father is except my aunt (as in mum's oldest sister). Being from a very Catholic family, my grandparents took the baby and passed her off as their own kid. I think my mum and my uncle (madre's younger brother) didn't even find out the truth until they were in their twenties? I think. I didn't find out til I was like 15. So she's technically my cousin. Although I still call her my aunt due to 15 years of thinking that she was lol. And also technically makes me an aunt to her two bratty sons ._______. so weird to think about.

Also interesting: aunt/cousin's birthday is on Christmas Day. Which is kinda cool but also kinda rubbish at the same time.

Oh also! one of my uncles was admitted to a mental hospital for a few months when he was 16. he's never had a job and lives entirely off government benefits due to this. also has a habit of repeating the same stories from his teenage years at every family gathering lol. it's gotten to the point where everyone jokes that it's like we've actually been there and lived it because we've heard the stories like 100x times and more. so silly

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

When I was 13 my best friends sister let me feel her up for $10. No wonder she grew up to become a Prostitute. 

Kidding, she's a Kindergarten teacher.

pheonix561 likes this