New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Is everyone just going to gloss over the 8 player smash battles? That sounds like it is going to be puppying awesome. 4 teams of 2 baby!

Posted

does this mean there are now 7 team colors to choose from? Total team colors should always be N-1 where N is the max amount of players. I wonder what the new team colors will be?

Posted

Can we also talk about How puppying pumped the announcer guy is about this game?

Posted

Yeah, the up to 8-player matches sounds like a lot of fun. The announcer the whole time really was great. "IN FACT, IT'S NOT EVEN COMPARABLE", "You can also see a list of past notifications... EXCITING", "On the gamepad there's a MIC". I was loving it, too.

Nintendo just keeps their stepped-up game going. I thought maybe they'd start waning, but they've kept up this hilarious and interesting commercials for a while now.

SilverAlchemic and T1g like this

Posted

OH MY GOD

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

They're definitely something people will buy regardless of whether or not they even have a Wii U.

Also man, I really love Smash Bros. cinematics. They're all so cool. I'm also completely surprised they are actually bringing back Mewtwo.

The opening cinematic has been released:

It's still a cool sequence, but I'm a little disappointed because it lacks the dynamic and original values that the first couple games had with their opening cinematics. Smash 64 and Melee's openers made you feel like the games were intense adventures between many clashing worlds, and just had a unique flair to them. Smash Bros.' presentation has always been top notch (their trailing flame motif is surprisingly not cheesy) but who doesn't remember the 8-character jump kick in Smash 64's opener, or the Bob-Omb explosion from Melee's? [GET READY] Those were fairly iconic moments and part of cohesive original cinematic sequences. I'll give Brawl a pass because its Subspace Emissary cut scenes were awesome (just about the only reason to play the mode) but this one is just composed of clips we've already seen and a bunch of gameplay footage that looks better suited for a trailer.

Just for reminiscing purposes:

Smash 64 opener

Melee Opener

Whoever directs these things is amazing. And that puppyin' announcer, man...

Posted

I agree.

Also what happens when the announcer retires or whatever? The games after this one just wouldn't be the same without that voice.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

SUPER

SMAAAAAASH

BROTHEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!

It'll be really sad.

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

I just got all 685 trophies this morning.

I did use Gold Hammers on a few things, (puppy doing 100 man smash with everyone). I have, for the most part, collected everything. I am grabbing the last few special moves I don't have. As for Mii Hats, puppy those, the game never gives me new Mii hats even when there are like 13 left to get

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

t1g when are you going to FIGHT me

Posted

When I have wireless internet that supports online play!

Also just got the rest of the custom special moves