New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought demos were supposed to be like, to hype you up for the new game, or to interest people who haven't already gotten into the series. So I find it weird that they'd put in a disappointingly small portion of the game. It's just going to disappoint or bore people who already like the game or confuse newcomers as to why people like it so much.

T1g likes this

Posted

pheo thats because Brawl pretty much ruined everything. which is why your Mario game stopped being useful

Don't I know it. Mario's Final Smash is the most worthless final smash in the game. It's terrible no matter what stage you're on. At least Jigglypuff's is good if you're on a small stage, or Donkey Kong's if you can keep the rhythm.

Posted

I meant in terms of the physics. The game is floaty and you can't really combo in it at all

Posted

yeah that too

Posted

Don't I know it. Mario's Final Smash is the most worthless final smash in the game. It's terrible no matter what stage you're on. At least Jigglypuff's is good if you're on a small stage, or Donkey Kong's if you can keep the rhythm.

Actually, if you time it right you can get someone caught between the flames and push them off the edge.

Though yeah the floating sucks too. I'll take gravity any day. Unless they're small and have to float like Kirby, Ness, Lucas, ect.

Posted (edited)

The game seems really "swishy" or "soft". This wasn't true in 64 and Melee; you you FELT it when you were gonna die. There was an actual smash. It was less so in Brawl and less so in Project M. I feel like in this one, your attacks go through the opponent. Like everyone is soft and floaty.

I think lack of rumble lends to the floaty, "swishy" attacks

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

So wait, are you saying this new SSB is going to be floaty like Brawl was? Or it has the weight to it like melee does?

Posted

Also, it's really embarrassing to see people stream this game. People who imported the Japanese 3DS have had the game since Japanese launch. So these are people who like to think of themselves as professionals. They are streaming themselves grinding and practicing with a single character. They aren't showcasing the roster for everyone, they are practicing specific combos and even trying to invent new jargon in the mean time before the US release. They're trying REALLY hard to make this a competitive game, but it doesn't look like it's going to be one. Smash Bros. isnt a good competitive game really. The people who imported are trying insanely hard to get better than everyone else who has to wait three weeks or so.

Posted

Well, if you recall, the plan was for 3ds to be more casual, and Wii U to be more hardcore. So you know, it is kind of understandable that it would wind up playing more like Brawl anyway.

Posted

I hope Ganondorf isn't as slow as he was in brawl

Posted

i hope ganondorf is his much better wind waker incarnation

oh wait dammit

Eka likes this

Posted

Well, if you recall, the plan was for 3ds to be more casual, and Wii U to be more hardcore. So you know, it is kind of understandable that it would wind up playing more like Brawl anyway.

but what about the New 3DS

Posted

I meant smash 3ds was meant to be casual and smash u was meant to be hardcore

Posted

They're the same game more or less. I doubt they'll change the physics.

Posted

Yeah. I don't see why they'd make the same game two different games. I was under the impression it'd just be a straight port.

But then it would be strange if they made two versions for the consoles that are from the same company and not make them any different.