Talk

27453 posts in this topic

Posted

The year went by very slowly. :(

Though I assume thats because so much has happened.

And there is still more stuff to come. ;)

Posted

When you get a question wrong you get points off, whereas when you skip it you don't lose anything.

That's a terrible system. Yeah, you can quit and give up on the question, but try your best and believe in your abilities, you get ut wrong, you get a kick in the face.

That's just rubbish. Scotland is, If you get it wrong, no marks, you don't try? It's wrong, no marks.

Posted

Lucky Star + Mario. What an awesome combo. :D

Hmmmmmm...I see you have a Lucky Star MAD. I will contribute one as well ;)

YAY! I even think they say "Keroro" in there :woot: (A Keroro Gunso FANATIC)

And SAT Tests? D:

Posted

Right... Weird.

I actually got round to watching the first episode of Death Note. Now that's weird. But good.

Posted

Right... Weird.

I actually got round to watching the first episode of Death Note. Now that's weird. But good.

Awesome! ^^

Posted

Yeah. I watched it on Megavideo in Japanese with English subtitles. I tried to watch the second episode in English. But the voices suck. I have to watch them all with subtitles now. Oh well. I managed with Only Yesterday. I can manage with this.

Posted

nobody told me that when you get a question wrong you get points off, whereas when you skip it you don't lose anything. So there I was, feeling that I'd have a better chance if I answered every single question. Poor, naive seventh grade Ganny...

Yeah, you're better off skipping a question you don't know the answer to because they don't deduct points for unanswered questions. They do, however, knock off 1/4 of a point for each wrong answer. But if you can narrow down the choices to two possible answers, you're best bet is to guess in that scenario. That's how it is on AP tests. It's to discourage willy nilly guessing.

Posted

Yeah, you're better off skipping a question you don't know the answer to because they don't deduct points for unanswered questions. They do, however, knock off 1/4 of a point for each wrong answer. But if you can narrow down the choices to two possible answers, you're best bet is to guess in that scenario. That's how it is on AP tests. It's to discourage willy nilly guessing.

Right. That's better. That doesn't suck as much.

Posted

Yeah, I took the SAT in 7th grade as well. I don't remember my score, but it was high enough to qualify me for Duke TIP. It allowed me to go to A&M for a summer and have one of the most amazing times of my life.

Posted

Cool. I wish I was an American. It seems much more fun than being Scottish...

Posted

Cool. I wish I was an American. It seems much more fun than being Scottish...

Woah...you are Scottish , Teto? I am part Scottish :D

Posted

How?

Posted (edited)

How?

Don't you know about what "blood" you have? Like: German, Irish, British, Japanese, etc.

Acutely now that I think about it, that is not a good description ^^;

I will let Wikipedia explain ;)

Heritage

You can look at all the different versions as well!

Edited by Cindy (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah. I knew about that, but what I was asking was which part of your family came from Scotland?

My dad's parents came from Ireland. So, I'm a bit Irish as well. But that's it.

Posted

Right. That's better. That doesn't suck as much.

But it's the same thing I said... D=

Also, I've begun reading some Isaac Asimov (ooberclassic science fiction author) novels. Started with The Caves of Steel, which I believe is one of the first...

My nerdiness is boundless.