Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSBB official website taken down.

196 posts in this topic

Posted

TP Ganondorf's swrod was great...

But WW Ganondorf would be pretty cool tooo.

Posted

Yeah, I like WW Ganon more. . .

I'm hoping that at E3 they'll have another trailer like the first where they reveal around 5 new characters.

Posted

If they add two characters each day we'll have some new ones by monday...

Posted

They've actually said on the site now that they're making daily (weekday) updates, so we're going to get stuff every day, not nescessarily new characters or anything particularly new, but still. I think the pose for link aiming his arrow is cool, but shouldn;t the arrow be in the centre?

Also, remember, they have WW link as well (not quite been confirmed but nearly) which means they might even have TP ganondorf AND WW ganondorf. No point having WW zelda tho, although TP zelda could work.

Anyway, they updated again today WITH SOMETHING NEW!!!

A new item in fact, the gooey bomb, which sticks to your opponents and then explkodes, but if you run past someone, you might have the chance of passing it on. Seems a bit like a plasma grenade from halo rip-off to me, but look at it this way, WOOOO!!! plasma grenades on brawl!

Posted

Nice, this is a cool item. It will be so hectic when someone gets stuck with one!!

I have a strong feeling that either a notice or gamemode will be revealed tomorrow.

Posted

nope, character, pit this time, with a couple of nice new screenies :D

Posted

I falied. :cry:

Posted

It said that the player will be able to control the curve of Pit's arrows.

That pretty much gave away the control scheme. (For me at least)

Okay, so we have the control pad, B, A, 1 and 2 buttons in the Wii mote.

You move your character around with the control pad and jump with the B button. To attack you just move the Wii remote in the direction you want. For example, to pull a down A you move the controller downwards.

If you hold the 1 button and shake the Wii remote in any direction, moves will turn into B attacks.

The 2 button could be used for shielding, and pressing 1 and 2 would make you grab your opponent. Shake the Wii remote in any direction to throw your opponent.

Pressing 2 while on air would make and airdodge.

Shaking the Wii remote in any direction while holding 2 would turn into a sidestep or dodge roll.

Oh, and for Pit's arrows... You fire by pressing B and 1 at the same time, and tilt the Wii remote in the direction you want it to go.

And... I think that's about it. There may be better button combinations, though.

From my point of view, it would make things a little bit easier.

Posted

control pad for movement is tricky, they're not stupid enough to do that, i know it's tricky because i've been playing super smash bros. like that and although it works, it's just too fiddly to put in a final game.

I can see the game possibly working with the nunchuk as well, but not using only the wiimote...

plus saying you can control pit's arrows doesn't lead to anything, although i hadn't spotted that when reading it before, you can control both yoshi's eggs and Ness's PK thunder anyway.

Posted

They wouldn't have put the control tilted sideways for nothing...

Posted

[quote name='Relean' post='46293' date='May 26 2007, 07:37 AM']They wouldn't have put the control tilted sideways for nothing...[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]Y'know.... he is right...... but still, I think this conversation is completely useless untill we all actually get the game....

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr,Triforce[/color][/font]

Posted

well not really... people like to share theories.

Posted

[quote name='GoldenTriforce' post='46295' date='May 26 2007, 01:45 PM'][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]Y'know.... he is right...... but still, I think this conversation is completely useless untill we all actually get the game....

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr,Triforce[/color][/font][/quote]

Okay, that "Your's Truly" Thing is getting REALLY annoying. :angry: >_> PLEASE, I'm BEGGING YOU, AT LEAST cut down on it.
PLEASE!!!!!!!! :o

There is nothign wrogn with it, [size=100000000][b]BUT HE SHOULD CUT DOWN!!!!!!!![/b][/size]

Posted

look who's talking double poster...

anyway, he's just beeing polite...

Posted

Crap. It says that they'll update the site daily weekdays.

Nothin' new on the weekends. . .