Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Game suggestions

114 posts in this topic

Posted

I, for one, have a great idea. How about each guild has a "Guild Fund," like a bunch of Rupees owned by the guild that can be put toward new stuff for the guild (Cannons :D , weapons, decorations for the guild's HQ, more cannons, monsters they could use to fight with [See bottom of post for details]). The members of the guild suggest and vote on what should be bought with the Guild Fund. The thing with the most votes would be bought.....and, if they want, people can add their own Rupees to the Guild Fund. But they can NEVER take any away from it.

[quote name='Relean' post='46126' date='May 25 2007, 09:25 AM']I guess you cuould sell the products that are /only/ found in the land you just conquered...[/quote]
OR a guild that captures land gets a certain amount of Rupees added to their Guild Fund, and every place would be worth a certain number of Rupees (A town would be worth more than a swamp).....Of course, the Guild Fund would get a certain amount added to it every day for that piece of land, hence a reason for keeping the land. (Anyone could still enter/do whatever they wanted in the place)

[size=3][b]OK, here's another idea:[/b][/size]
Monster Breeding. A guild could own a few monsters they could use in a war to fight for them by buying them with the Guild Fund (More Rupees=Better Monsters). They breed two monsters that they buy with their funds, and they get another monster. Also, when breeding monsters, let's say a guild has a Dragon and a Unicorn that they breed. They could get a Horned Dragon, or a Fire-Breathing Unicorn (or something. :embarrassed: ).

RESTRICTIONS ON MONSTERS USED IN BATTLES:
Each monster could have a number of stars or something depending on how useful or powerful it is. A guild would only be allowed to bring monsters into battle whose stars, when added together, do not surpass a certain amount.

Example: A guild wants to use a Dragon and a Werewolf in battle. A Dragon has 4 stars, a Werewolf has 3. Let's say the limit is 10 stars for that battle. 4 plus 3 equals 7, which is less than 10, so they could do that. But if they wanted to bring a Dragon, a Werewolf, and a Demon into battle; A Dragon has 4 stars, a Werewolf has 3 stars, and a Demon has 6 stars. 4 plus 3 plus 6 equals 13. 13 is more than 10, so they can't do that. (They could also bring 10 monsters with 1 star each into battle.)

Ooooo, lotsa typing. Zzz But I think it's a good idea!

Posted

YEA!!! Redeads, Octoroks and Biri for ME

Posted

[quote name='hyruledotnetwillriseagain' post='46432' date='May 27 2007, 04:03 AM']Nice idea, but how about cooking contests with other players?[/quote]

yeah! we could have a hyrule online pilsbury cookoff!!

and G333, I like your monster breeding idea.

Posted

It's cool. ^_^

But it somehow reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh... :mellow:

Posted

cooking contests remind you of yu-gi-oh? oh, right, the monstor summoning, no that's just summoning which is on absolutely tons of rpgs...

I think it's kinda obvious that if dustin suggests something it's almost definately gonna be added on the game :P

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='46709' date='May 29 2007, 10:22 AM']Monster Breeding. A guild could own a few monsters they could use in a war to fight for them by buying them with the Guild Fund (More Rupees=Better Monsters). They breed two monsters that they buy with their funds, and they get another monster. Also, when breeding monsters, let's say a guild has a Dragon and a Unicorn that they breed. They could get a Horned Dragon, or a Fire-Breathing Unicorn (or something. :embarrassed: ).

RESTRICTIONS ON MONSTERS USED IN BATTLES:
Each monster could have a number of stars or something depending on how useful or powerful it is. A guild would only be allowed to bring monsters into battle whose stars, when added together, do not surpass a certain amount.

Example: A guild wants to use a Dragon and a Werewolf in battle. A Dragon has 4 stars, a Werewolf has 3. Let's say the limit is 10 stars for that battle. 4 plus 3 equals 7, which is less than 10, so they could do that. But if they wanted to bring a Dragon, a Werewolf, and a Demon into battle; A Dragon has 4 stars, a Werewolf has 3 stars, and a Demon has 6 stars. 4 plus 3 plus 6 equals 13. 13 is more than 10, so they can't do that. (They could also bring 10 monsters with 1 star each into battle.)

Ooooo, lotsa typing. Zzz But I think it's a good idea![/quote]

oh i love your idea... as long as we could breed Draugen :D

Posted

[quote name='Relean' post='46750' date='May 28 2007, 10:25 PM']It's cool. ^_^

But it somehow reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh... :mellow:[/quote]
.....Not [i]quite[/i] the reaction I was looking for..... :embarrassed: But I do see your point..... :embarrassed:

(And they would be Zelda monsters, obviously- corresponding with the monsters you fight during the game)

Posted

I like G333's idea, as well as what punched2death mentioned. :)

Posted

[font="Century Gothic"]There should be an area called the Goron Forges. If the player has a weapon and a gem/herb, the Gorons can s[font="Verdana"][/font]melt it into a special weapon - for a price. [/font] :angry:

The player could go on bounty hunter missions for the king

Posted

kloffy, if you have something to add, if you have the last post, then edit it, don't make a new one.

I've added what you said to your first post and deleted the second

Posted

It would be neat if you could choose what race you wanted to be. Depending if the story takes place before or after the great flood, you could be like....A Zora, or a Koirian, or a Hyrulain, or a Gorgon, and they could all start off with different base stats. Like Gorgons could have great Defense and/or strength, but are verry slow. And the Zoras could be swift and all, but arent that strong, and maybe even have a verry basic fishing skill already. And the Kokirian, because they are small, could doge a lot of attacks by bigger monsters, but because of their size, also, they might have low defense. And maybe race only items, like, for instance, a small Gorgon tunic for the Kokirins, and a larger one for the Hyrulain...or something.

I'm sorry ^^; I bet that's already been suggested, hasnt it?

It might also be nice to have certain citys which are peacefull, and not preferably run over by monsters, and guild fighting. Maybe this is one of the citys you go to once your HP hits zero. Its quite annoying if you die, go back to a city, and then monsters kill you again -.- ....and Hyrule is suposed to be a verry peaceful place, correct? Didnt it say that in WW or something? Actuly, I think its been said in many different games. "A golden land filled with peace" or something like that.

Posted

it's already been suggested AND it's already in the game

I reckon there's probabbly going to be lots of friendly cities too :D
Not exactly peaceful though, if at the time of the game there's a great war going on :unsure:

Posted

How about once you get enough exp. points, you could *buy* an potion that allows you to temporarily change races?

(This has nothing to do with me being A Hylian Human :embarrassed:)

Posted

:sadlink: oh. I'm sorry ^^ I guess I missed th post. I'm terribly sorry..... :nervous:

Posted

I think begginer weapons are a must. I don't know what you're planning for weapons, as everyone cannot possibly have the Master Sword, but you HAVE to have the wooden sword & shield for starter weapons. You really need to think of this. In most MMOs, there are weapons that are legendary in themselves, and everyone can get them, they're just too extremely hard to get, so barely any have this weapon. Everyone can't suddenly get the wooden sword, then the noble sword, then the Master Sword, or the Magical Sword, (Bad idea; they're confirmed to be the same weapon) you need swords of your own creation. (I can help you with that =P I'm fairly OK with spriting skills) OOH. You could make it so that some monster drop the weapon they are holding, so you could not only get some rupees, but a spear from a Moblin, oor a broadsword from a difficult-to-kill Darknut! Or, (Just thinking of a name for it out of nowhere) the Phantom's Broadsword from Phantom Ganon.
I don't know if you should have an archery skill. The bow is one of the staples of Zelda. However, we're not trying to make this Runescape. What you COULD do is make an accuracy skill, and whenever you grow a level, this skill increases by an extremely smallpercent, so when you reach maximum level, your accuracy is not 100% without fail. Maybe some stat-decreasing attacks? This would be useful for those with 97.99% accuracy, or what have you. I like the war territory idea. Just make it so that they can't attack a character under their range of level. So a level 20, let's say, cannot attack a newbie at level 1. (Unless you have this, but then, you're being pretty vague with the game itself) You need more monsters, if Death is the only one you have at the moment, or are just holding back the ones you have stored. You also need custom bosses. You just simply can't make an MMO JUST like Zelda. Because it'd be a very limited MMO. You have to have multiple bosses hidden over a vast part of the land! If mapping is what you need, then mapping I, or any other member with compitency in spriting, or background making can help you with. What really annoys me in Zelda is the lack of towns. In this vast Hyrule, shouldn't there be towns populating more than just their respective places? Maybe afterwards in the plot, to access these places, you must go through a quest to discover it. I need a place to get off my WoW problem, (Card expired) but this needs to be good the first time, and only improve afterwards. I'm interested in your rupee currency. Will it be like Zelda's, where ten rupees apparently equal about five dollars, or whatever you need for a human heart? That reminds me, what are you going to do for health items? We certainly cannot eat rock brisket, as all the Gorons love, or our shields, as the Gorons love also. There aren't very many delicacies in Zelda as Link apparently feasts off of hearts, or drink, but food is realistic. Are you even putting Gorons in the game? I'd really love to play this, I just need to know some things before I can make suggestions for it.
I'm hyped, yes, but that's only because it can be better, and we have a say in it. It also looks enjoyable. :D
Thanks for reading! :embarrassed:
Sahaqiel