Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Online - Game suggestions

114 posts in this topic

Posted

having archery does not make this like runescape, 90% of MMORPGs have archery on some level or so..

Gorons are in the game, you can even play as them!

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='49017' date='Jun 14 2007, 05:39 AM']You need more monsters, if Death is the only one you have at the moment, or are just holding back the ones you have stored.[/quote]

there's only been a couple of screenshots, so he probably have more...

off topic: my 2,000 post! woot woot!

Posted

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#ffa500"]Nice job [color="#8b0000"]Mr.EyeofTruth[/color][color="#ffa500"]....... anyways... Why isn't dustin supporting my [/color][color="#8b0000"]Fairy Wannabe Freaks :tingle: Party [/color][color="#ffa500"]idea?

Yours Truely,
:triforce:
Mr.Triforce[/color][/color][/font]

Posted

Well, all the more interesting! =D
There needs to be something other MMOs don't have, so this isn't basically some other MMO dressed up a Zelda-based game, though. Gorons are great, but it needs something unique. This could come later, who knows?
I have a weapon suggestion =P The Cane of Somaria, and it inflicts some damage the first attack, and creates a block in front of the character. The enemy can still attack, but shortly afterwards, the block explodes, and both of you get damaged, but the enemy moreso. Have you thought of using Magical Seeds? From the Oracle games. Ember seeds (Lantern makes them useless XD), Mystery Seeds, (What they do is a mystery, but most of the time they access Kaepora Gaebora statues, and turn Buzz Blobs into talking characters, and make full grown cuccoos turn into chicks) Gale Seeds, (For teleportation) Scent Seeds, (Distracting/luring monsters) and Pegasus Seeds. (They make you run I think 200% faster.)
They'd be very interesting to use, and Mystery Seeds could be used to access secret places! Or confuse/change monsters! Or defeat bosses like Veran, or what have you. You have to have a faster way to travel. Gale seeds would give you instant access when not near a portal, or whatever you use for travel, but they're expensive, or if you want to get to a nearby area quickly, you just use a Pegasus seed to not waste your gale seeds, which would have probably teleported you farther away. (Only six, or seven ports in the Oracle games =P) Scent seeds could be used for training purposes, but only one monster can attack you at a time with them. Ember seeds have no need with a lantern around it could be used for slingshot ammo for enemies, burning them, or used for something different.
I have a lot of item ideas that I don't think'd be hard to pull off.
Sahaqiel

Posted

you kno what would be cool?

temples like in oot with minibosses and bosses!

Posted

I think that's part of the idea anyway, Dustin has mentioned coding things like that before.

and you say like in OoT, EVERY zelda game has dungeons with mini bosses and bosses....

Posted

Yeah... Hey, maybe you could add a shovel? Randomely dig in mining areas for rupees and such. Say, what ARE we mining here, anyway? There could be some use for ores... Say, I know! Like in the Oracle games, in order to get the Iron shield, there were two specific ores that you could combine into hard ore, and they were blue ore and red ore. Once combined, the local Subrosian blacksmith would work the ore onto your shield to make it into an Iron Shield. Say, you could make the blacksmith Subrosian, couldn't you? They're said to be master craftsmen. And Subrosias have been known to be on regular land. Maybe the Gorons could be the main crafstmen, and Subrosians could be the hidden ones. You know, only for the powerful stuff. Subrosian smithies don't take polite answers, though. Have you played the Oracles games? They have a lot of good things you could put into your game. Oh, here's a mechanic I think you'd quite enjoy that mosty works wonders on games:
Underground maps/areas. Subrosia is the only undergrond place I can think of though. I know I'm suggesting a lot of Oracle stuff, but I HAVE played most other Zelda games, and it seems Oracle stuff wold best suit yours. I'm certainly not going to recommend Sailing... Well, I have had my ideas thrown for the time being.
I'll work my brain 'til I find something that you absolutely have to, and want to put into the game ; D
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='49298' date='Jun 14 2007, 01:53 PM']Well, all the more interesting! =D
There needs to be something other MMOs don't have, so this isn't basically some other MMO dressed up a Zelda-based game, though. Gorons are great, but it needs something unique. This could come later, who knows?
I have a weapon suggestion =P The Cane of Somaria, and it inflicts some damage the first attack, and creates a block in front of the character. The enemy can still attack, but shortly afterwards, the block explodes, and both of you get damaged, but the enemy moreso. Have you thought of using Magical Seeds? From the Oracle games. Ember seeds (Lantern makes them useless XD), Mystery Seeds, (What they do is a mystery, but most of the time they access Kaepora Gaebora statues, and turn Buzz Blobs into talking characters, and make full grown cuccoos turn into chicks) Gale Seeds, (For teleportation) Scent Seeds, (Distracting/luring monsters) and Pegasus Seeds. (They make you run I think 200% faster.)
They'd be very interesting to use, and Mystery Seeds could be used to access secret places! Or confuse/change monsters! Or defeat bosses like Veran, or what have you. You have to have a faster way to travel. Gale seeds would give you instant access when not near a portal, or whatever you use for travel, but they're expensive, or if you want to get to a nearby area quickly, you just use a Pegasus seed to not waste your gale seeds, which would have probably teleported you farther away. (Only six, or seven ports in the Oracle games =P) Scent seeds could be used for training purposes, but only one monster can attack you at a time with them. Ember seeds have no need with a lantern around it could be used for slingshot ammo for enemies, burning them, or used for something different.
I have a lot of item ideas that I don't think'd be hard to pull off.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

again, Sahaqiel's got a great idea! Different seeds that do different things. Maybe there even stuck in special trees, and you have to roll into them to get them out.... Xp

Posted

just roll at them? that's too easy, complete a series of tasks to climb up to the top of the tree to retrieve the seed, now THAT'S more challenging

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='49769' date='Jun 17 2007, 12:01 AM']just roll at them? that's too easy, complete a series of tasks to climb up to the top of the tree to retrieve the seed, now THAT'S more challenging[/quote]

Oh yeah! like, for instance...you would need a ladder or something to get up there. and You;d have to go on a whole "ladder quest" similar, to say...the biggeron's sword quest. get one item from one person, do something with it, get another item, and work your way up till we get a ladder. nand maybe even the trees themselves are hard to find. Like a heart peice would be.

Posted

It would be good to be able to play the dark siede too.

Posted

[quote name='Sydney' post='49916' date='Jun 17 2007, 02:37 PM']It would be good to be able to play the dark siede too.[/quote]
Dark side is nice... Evil...

Posted

Dark sides are overused. We need Triforce divisions! >_<
It'd be very interesting. We have Triforce divided clans, or whatever you want to call them, and they fight over things sometimes. Whether or not you consider yourself evil is up to you. It'd be a nice fair equal way to play the game. It'd also be very much like real-time battles. The only way to win in a three-way battle is to take sides, or gain troops. Say, one day, a HUGE gathering of Din, or Power troops invade Nayru/Wisdom gatherings in a PvP specified area that is much like regular land, and it has cities and such, but its occupied Triforce division would be the controller. Once captured, the other Triforce Sections or Clans, would plan an attack on their team-specified chat window. I think it'd be a great idea.

To put it a bit more clearly, as I mentioned earlier, you choose whether or not you want to be a disciple of Nayru, Din, or Farore, and gain/lose stats accordingly. This would be done so that they are equal, such as having Din's disciples have a boost in attack power, Nayru's followers have Defense Power, and Farore's Followers have higher critical hit ratios, and speed. (Power, Wisdom, Courage.) There would be a specified, and large area of land that has a flag raised, or something similar. One clan owns this land, if they fought for the land and took it. This depends on sheer numbers, and the enemies taking it. Ok, so we have Din's followers controlling the base. Nayru's followers decide to attack the base with a large number of people, and seize it. They break through enemy ranks, someone on their team seizes the flag, and Nayru's clan has become controller of the territory.
But, one day, a huge amount of Farore's followers log on, and Nayru's followers haven't been showing up today. Nayru's followers, greatly outnumbered, have the base taken away. This base would be a large area, maybe with a couple cities, where you can buy unique items, or find unique quest specified places.
I think this'd be a very enjoyable feature to use, if you can pull it off.

There would be constant battling, and there would be sheer entertainment all around.

Say, do you have a bank space programmed? I do hope you give us a fair amount of space if you do. And if you die in the game, please don't make us lose all of our items like in Runescape...
That's all I have for now!
Sahaqiel

Posted

DO NOT SUGGEST List
Guilds
Fishing
Bugs
Fishing Pond
Guild arena
Mining
----------
OK
First when you start maybe it's an nice idea to do this:
Start in your house in an world special for houses (or something else) and Sara runs to you an explanation you something about How to Play and The story and another things
And
Quests to find win things or up your level and magic or something else
And Color of your Tunic make your own or chose a color
And maybe impassible but place items in your house at the left side right side up down whatever :squint:
And have a warp thing (Ocarina or Twilight) or Epona you name it...
Lottery's like in Minsish cap in the begin so you can win things in the market (So not only spend rupee's) :squint:

adr990! :D

Posted

I think there should be different races, and different sprites to use with that race. For example, if there were a Sheikah race, there would be male and female sprites, and variations of the style and color.

Also, for the different races, should there be different stat gains? Like the Hylians are more well-rounded, the Gerudo should have more movement and accuracy rather than defense (There wouldn't be male sprites for Gerudos, obviously), and stuff like that.

If the sprites are an issue, I could possibly make a few.

As far as races... we've got the Hylians, Humans(?), Sheikah, Gerudo, Zora, Goron, Deku, Rito, Keaton, and stuff... (I'd count the Keaton as a race... they're a notable species in MM, anyway.)

Any more than that, and we'd have a lot of spriting to do.