Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your orientation

170 posts in this topic

Posted

Scientists haven't 'clearly shown' poo.That's what I ******* hate about those DAMN scientists.THEY THINK THEY ******* KNOW EVERYTHING WHEN THEY DON'T.GOD MADE ADAM AND EVE,NOT ADAM AND STEVE,SO I HAVE MY OWN THEORY,******.

I apologize for the kind of attitude I said all of that in,but these ideas that scientists come up with infuriate me.

While, you didn't say it politlely, I can very much agree with what you're saying. Scientists may come up with theories, but that is where it ends; as a theory. It's something that hasn't been proven.

Some people here are treating Darwin's theory of evolution as, quite simply fact. (Not wanting to name names, but for the most part eyeoftruth [not that this is necessarily bad]) But it is called the evolutionary theory for a reason. Treating it as fact, is undermining people who don't believe evoloution to be truth's ideas.

Anyway, eyeofthruth, somewhere either here or in the religion topic, you said that Darwin's theory was the best idea we have. What about the Bible, it's been around for far longer than the evolutionary theory.

The Bible was written by the hand of man, and there have been lots of changes to it. So it may not be entirely reliable. For example: it seems that people like to use contradictions to disprove the Bible. But for example; in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John somewhere it says there was only one angel in Jesus' tomb. In another, it says there was two. That isn't a perfect contradiction; (to use rather mundane phrasing) one might've only seen one, while the other might've seen two.

Now, on to orientation:

THE BIBLE HAS 'CLEARLY SHOWN!' THAT WE HAVE THE CHOICE AS TO WHICH PATH WE TAKE.I DON'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE ADAM AND EVE WHICH CREATES THE TRADITIONAL MARRAGE ACCORDING TO WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS AND THEN DROP SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN'T MAKE THAT CHOICE.GOD HAS GIVEN US FREE WILL TO MAKE THE CHOICES WE WANT TO MAKE,WHICH ALSO INCLUDES ORIENTATION

HylianForrunner was right when he said we had free will. That was the entire reason Satan exists. His name was Lucifer, and he was, I believe, an archangel. He wanted to control humans; but God wanted to give people the ability to make their own choices, so that is why people have free will.

Which, as HylianForrunner said, is why there are all these different sexualities.

And I suppose sex with animals should be included in this discussion.

Posted

.__.

How is it stupid? It's logical.

I suppose when some do have sex with animals, it technically isn't "Love"; but it's still something around it, they are still having intercourse with an animal.

But some people prefer animals to a male or female, which is why they might possibly love them.

But anyways, that's off-topic.

.-. Oh well.

Posted

.__.

How is it stupid? It's logical.

I suppose when some do have sex with animals, it technically isn't "Love"; but it's still something around it, they are still having intercourse with an animal.

But some people prefer animals to a male or female, which is why they might possibly love them.

But anyways, that's off-topic.

.-. Oh well.

Sorry. I didn't take you seriously.

And to be honest, I still dont.. but.. here goes..

Personally I dont see how sex with animals is any more "love" than something like masturbation. You can be close, in a friendly way, with animals, for example the family cat or dog.. But I dont think love itself is possible.

Posted

Not wanting to name names, but for the most part eyeoftruth

:P

And yes, I treat the evolution theory as facts. Mostly because I believe in what you can see. You can see evolution. Just look at dogs. Yes their evolution has been customized by people, but that really just shows how different environments can effect the evolution.

Anyway, eyeofthruth, somewhere either here or in the religion topic, you said that Darwin's theory was the best idea we have. What about the Bible, it's been around for far longer than the evolutionary theory.

Well, we've had fairy tales around for a long time too.

and I want to apologize if some of my posts seem offending. I try to respect every point of views, and I do, but the things I say sometimes comes out in the wrong way. I grew up, and I still live, in a very small town. The people in this town is very religious, and I believe that's part of the reason why the people around here is so ignorant and homophobic. Because of this I've got some problems with Christianity. The views people out here has is shocking. You wouldn't believe it if you haven't seen it. They're racists and homophobic.

Posted

:P

And yes, I treat the evolution theory as facts. Mostly because I believe in what you can see. You can see evolution. Just look at dogs. Yes their evolution has been customized by people, but that really just shows how different environments can effect the evolution.

Well, we've had fairy tales around for a long time too.

and I want to apologize if some of my posts seem offending. I try to respect every point of views, and I do, but the things I say sometimes comes out in the wrong way. I grew up, and I still live, in a very small town. The people in this town is very religious, and I believe that's part of the reason why the people around here is so ignorant and homophobic. Because of this I've got some problems with Christianity. The views people out here has is shocking. You wouldn't believe it if you haven't seen it. They're racists and homophobic.

Amen to that, but i kind of think differenlty than how you think. See, i believe every single thing is right, religions, all of them, and what scientists say. BUT NONE OF THEM ARE 100% CORRECT! See, they all deprive from the same thing, that of which i do not know, but they all are different from each other but, they all have one thing thats right about them. Like for example catholics have something that is right, but it doesnt have everything right, and uhm buddhism, i dont know how to spell :P, might have another right thing. Uhm...i know yall are confused cuz typing this is a lot harder than just saying it to someone, but i'm really trying. OK...i'm trying to say, if humans werent so stupid and flawed and had too much pride, then they would turn earth into an utopia. How you may ask? Simple, i believe that every religion is a piece of the puzzle. If humans could combine all of them, then they can "solve" the puzzle and open the door to utopia. And science is another piece of the puzzle too. But humans are flawed, foolish, stupid, close-minded, and people like..well..i wont say..but nice people...are too outnumbered to make a difference....and well uhm yeah...if that didnt make sense i apologize...i suck at explaining things by typing... :P Again, sorry...continue fighting about who's right and who's wrong...dont mind me

Posted

I like your post ToU. And I do think we should respect each others views, there are good things about Christianity, like forgiving and being nice to everyone, no matter where they come from, but because the bible and Christianity has been abused so many times, I don't think that's the way to go anymore, people have to look for new things, and stop letting the old theories hold them down.

Posted

I like your post ToU. And I do think we should respect each others views, there are good things about Christianity, like forgiving and being nice to everyone, no matter where they come from, but because the bible and Christianity has been abused so many times, I don't think that's the way to go anymore, people have to look for new things, and stop letting the old theories hold them down.

Thank you! :) And yes yes yes, i am behind you with that 100% You are right!

Posted

Well,I'm almost certain I'm straight now :joy: .One of the reasons I had my doubts about my orientation was that I've never had a gf before[sTFU].No girl has ever really had any interest in me that I also had interest in,but I guess that's changed.I've met a girl named Anna,who likes games and everything,she's kinda short,has blond hair,but is kinda cute[has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen].She's pretty much the only girl I've ever really sat down with pretty much alone and just...talked with.She's the only girl who I've been able to know well,probably because everyone hated me last year[don't ask why,I have a...Troubled past.],but then I failed 7th,and now I'm in classes with different people!!I now have a better chance at getting a gf than I ever had :joy: !!

Posted

Wow. You have problems.

So true.

And I'm straight. Nothing against anyone. (Unless they say that StarCraft sucks, they must die O.o(<---- Inner StarCraft fan, don't listen!!1!11))

Posted

Starcarft sucks... sorry... soooo tempting. I haven't even played startcarft... please don't kill me :cry:

Posted

Well,I'm almost certain I'm straight now :joy: .One of the reasons I had my doubts about my orientation was that I've never had a gf before[sTFU].No girl has ever really had any interest in me that I also had interest in,but I guess that's changed.I've met a girl named Anna,who likes games and everything,she's kinda short,has blond hair,but is kinda cute[has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen].She's pretty much the only girl I've ever really sat down with pretty much alone and just...talked with.She's the only girl who I've been able to know well,probably because everyone hated me last year[don't ask why,I have a...Troubled past.],but then I failed 7th,and now I'm in classes with different people!!I now have a better chance at getting a gf than I ever had :joy: !!

I havn't had a girlfriend before, I'm older than you and I havn't had any doubts about my orientation...

Posted

sorry... soooo tempting.

Haha, I do the same ^.^ Don't worry. :D

Posted

*bump* Keep it goin'!

Posted

I'm straight, but I have a gay friend. I'm helping him get over his last boyfriend.

Posted

A good number of the people here are still a tad bit young to fully determine their sexuality. What you may think now might change once good ol' Mr. Puberty pays a visit.

At any rate, here's the famous Kinsey Scale to determine your sexuality. It's almost but not quite 100% accurate.

On that scale, I'm a 2 at best.

One of my personal sayings on the topic of sexuality is that "you don't fall in love with the gender, you fall in love with the person." It's normal to think of people of the same gender as you in a manner that's more than platonic. Everyone has at least once; if you say otherwise, you're lying through your teeth.

I'm pretty much open with anything, gay or straight. I'll look at/read yaoi/yuri fanfiction/art. As long as its written well or drawn well(and the pairing isn't too out there -glances at people who ship Epona/Zelda and Soifon/Cat Yoruichi-), I have no problem with it.

I'm also against using "gay" as a pejorative. I've always been, but it's been stronger since I saw that Chris Crocker video... "That's so straight."