Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your orientation

170 posts in this topic

Posted

eyeoftruth...

what? :unsure:

Posted

I went to an extremely multicultural school all different races, with several students were gay or bi, as well as several teachers who were clearly gay and readily admitted to it.

Australia has one of the more relaxed and accepting cultures in the world IMO, being an extremely multicultural society you learn to deal with differences in society, even though racism, homophobia etc still exist here, they are lessened.

My city - Sydney, is one of the gay capitols of the world, as far as I know it is only second to San Franscisco. I guess growing up here has made my mind open to almost anything. After all, how many cities have a yearly party in celebration of gay people? We have the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras here, every year in march they close off some of the main streets of Sydney city and have a massive parade filled with all sorts of people. All people are welcome, regardless of who or what they are.

Yet, sadly Australia has one of the highest suicide rates in teens on a global scale - I'm sure most of them arnt sexuality related, but still a sad fact. Not sure why this is so.

Its really sad to see those closed-minded little towns that are so extremely xenophobic of anything that isnt white and religious.

It usually does take a massive event to end the latest form of discrimination...

I believe racism was finally ended mostly by the war in vietnam.. after 'saving' the viets from communism, they could hardly turn their backs on them. But there is no 'gay' country that we could war and then get make up with, so I wonder what it will take for this to end?

I dont mind so much the opinions of users like Ryu etc.

Sure, some people may be offended, but I know he is just a child and is still very young and naive (Please dont take offence ryu!). He is most likely just saying what his parents have told him to believe.

One of my best friends does Theology at uni and the class and teacher are all very religious when she isn't.. the things they say in that class are just plain stupid.

Teacher:

Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to get married?

Student:

Because they are not in love.

Oh my god.

That is what pisses me off.

Its silly to kill yourself because of who you are - or because you can't accept who you are. You have no control over something like this..

Would you kill yourself if you were black? what about muslim? or jewish? or short? fat? blonde? The last few reasons are a bit more common for the average white person, but still its just as silly a reason to kill yourself.

WOW! I envy you, those words from a heart made of gold and a soul that is pure...bravo...i really dont know what to say..but wow!

Posted

eyeoftruth...

Posted

(Please dont take offence ryu!). He is most likely just saying what his parents have told him to believe.

none taken.

no im not im saying wat i believe and always will.

and sorry for my earlyer comments in this topic it's just the way i am.yea i have problems with gays but thats my problem not anyone elses and i shouldnt have said such rude things so sorry once more.and try to ignore my other comments about gays as insulting as they may be i really shouldnt have said them.

and wats going on with the whole

"eyeoftruth..."what?"eyeoftruth.." thing going on here?

Posted

most people who aren't educated in that area don't entertain the idea it could be genetic but its a highly believed theory and is supported with tons of evidence studies can almost always predict who will be a lesbian or whatnot at a very young age by there behavior and they demonstrate how even if they try it is virtually impossible for them to try to be something they r not because they were created like that and by looking at the brains of people there are clear differences between straight men and homosexual men same goes for girls and scientists have clearly shown how those differences could affect someones sexual orientation.

Scientists haven't 'clearly shown' poo.That's what I ******* hate about those DAMN scientists.THEY THINK THEY ******* KNOW EVERYTHING WHEN THEY DON'T.GOD MADE ADAM AND EVE,NOT ADAM AND STEVE,SO I HAVE MY OWN THEORY,******.THE BIBLE HAS 'CLEARLY SHOWN!' THAT WE HAVE THE CHOICE AS TO WHICH PATH WE TAKE.I DON'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE ADAM AND EVE WHICH CREATES THE TRADITIONAL MARRAGE ACCORDING TO WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS AND THEN DROP SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN'T MAKE THAT CHOICE.GOD HAS GIVEN US FREE WILL TO MAKE THE CHOICES WE WANT TO MAKE,WHICH ALSO INCLUDES ORIENTATION.

I apologize for the kind of attitude I said all of that in,but these ideas that scientists come up with infuriate me.

Posted

You can post a strong opinion without swearing.

This is your only warning.

and thanks for bringing the topic back on topic.

Posted

You can post a strong opinion without swearing.

This is your only warning.

and thanks for bringing the topic back on topic.

Yeah you caught me right when I was about to censor it lol.

Posted

Scientists haven't 'clearly shown' poo.That's what I ******* hate about those DAMN scientists.THEY THINK THEY ******* KNOW EVERYTHING WHEN THEY DON'T.GOD MADE ADAM AND EVE,NOT ADAM AND STEVE,SO I HAVE MY OWN THEORY,******.THE BIBLE HAS 'CLEARLY SHOWN!' THAT WE HAVE THE CHOICE AS TO WHICH PATH WE TAKE.I DON'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE ADAM AND EVE WHICH CREATES THE TRADITIONAL MARRAGE ACCORDING TO WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS AND THEN DROP SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN'T MAKE THAT CHOICE.GOD HAS GIVEN US FREE WILL TO MAKE THE CHOICES WE WANT TO MAKE,WHICH ALSO INCLUDES ORIENTATION.

I apologize for the kind of attitude I said all of that in,but these ideas that scientists come up with infuriate me.

well... who sais you can trust the bible? I choose facts over fiction. Sorry if that was offending to anyone.

oh. And Oslo also has a yearly gay parade.

Posted

Jo-Bengt is watching...

Posted

Jo-Bengt is watching...

:P

but you should get on-topic before a real mod sees you ;)

Posted

:P

but you should get on-topic before a real mod sees you ;)

Yeah,but I've always wanted to say that.

IM STRAIGHT

on-topic.

Posted

For those of you that have a major problem with gay people, please calmy and LOGICALLY explain your problem. Debate. Don't blindly just say "because!" or "because it's sick or wrong!" That is not a reason, that's just blindly emoting emotion without logic. Thanks!

Discuss!

Posted

He has a point there...

Posted

Okay, so we have Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, and Questioning.

I have a simple question;

Does Beastiality come into contact with this discussion, un?

Posted

For those of you that have a major problem with gay people, please calmy and LOGICALLY explain your problem. Debate. Don't blindly just say "because!" or "because it's sick or wrong!" That is not a reason, that's just blindly emoting emotion without logic. Thanks!

Discuss!

Emoting Emotion.. Nice..

Okay, so we have Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, and Questioning.

I have a simple question;

Does Beastiality come into contact with this discussion, un?

Only if it invovles cheescake.

(Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!)